Hello everybody!, Just got V200 AMP. What gain setting do you use with HD800?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2 silver sennheiser HD800 upgrade cable one has to go Last post on 12/22/11 at 8:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- sennheiser hd 800 vs hd 598 Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- WTS: HD650 w/ SilverDragon V3, Beyer DT990, AKG K701 - NEW PRICES 11/1311 Last post on 11/20/11 at 6:34pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 430
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had the HD800 and V200 at the same time a while back. While I prefer tubes with the Senns, the V200 was one of my favorite solid-state pairings with the HD800. The amp's slightly warmer than neutral sound was a good match for the Senns' sometimes clinical presentation. I kept it to the lowest gain settings, FWIW.
I am on my second V200 and it is excellent with the HD800. Like Olias I like the HD800 better with my tube amp but I have been listening for the last week with the V200 and have not turned the tube amp on that time span. i use unity gain on the V200 and it sounds great.The V200 is good with the Hifiman HE500,LCD2 and the low impedance cans like the AT3000 and the Denon D7K i owned before. The HD800 does not miss a beat with the V200.
are you using the stock cable? just curious . i have not heard it as i got my used hd800 s/n 13147 with a blue cardas cable, and except on rare recordings i've played that are not sweet, I get no overly bright highs. I actually get one of the best transparent, extended set o highs i've ever heard from cans or speakers. no digitalis, no glare, no smear (and no lack o bass).
tube rolling reveals the tubes more than any other headphone i've owned (he-6, t1, ps1,rs1i, hd580, er4s, k1000, w-3000anv, amperior, momentum). and i am finding that tubes i would not have considered all that transparent and extended in highs are very much so, again, with no trace of ugly anything. my ever amazingly extended and transparent Telefunken stil leads the pack and displays more gloryful highs than through any other headphone, as opposed to revealing more brilliance/brightness.
these hd800's don't suck with a good source and an amp they are friendly towards.
Edited by analog'd - 1/31/13 at 10:58am
Moon Black Dragon headphone cable makes the HD800 just right to me, top highs to low bass, it's all good. Lots of insight in mids, too. No mods needed with these (mine are balanced, Furutech XLRs make it really good, better than Neutrik and well worth it, recommended by Moon).
(Silver Dragon is best on HE500s for me.)
HD800 serial 133xx.
Even though I'm a guy with a lot of various aftermarket cables (Toxic-Cables, Whiplash, ALO, DHC etc...), I find it hard to find a scientific explanation to removing a quite hefty chamber resonance with a cable.
But sure. A 100-500 USD cable vs. 2-3 USD of some self-adhesive felt. Easy choice! ;)
Edited by ValentinHogea - 1/31/13 at 1:01pm
- Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 6 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › HD 558 or DT 990 Pro 250, mainly for movies and gaming 2 minutes ago
- › Album art game 3 minutes ago
- › Am I crazy for preferring the HE-500's over the LCD2.2's? 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe