Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Meier Audio StageDAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meier Audio StageDAC - Page 28

post #406 of 633

Done, thanks for the advice. And to the other posters, please never quote neptius so we don't have to see.

 

On topic, my parcel is being sent from Germany as we speak!

Will try to give some feedback on the different inputs to the StageDAC once I've warmed up the HD800

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #407 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

^ Just use the "ignore" function.( I have )


Cool feature - I didn't even know it existed. 

post #408 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by perer View Post

And to the other posters, please never quote neptius so we don't have to see.


Somebody should really make that a sticky and rule around here!

post #409 of 633

Perer – democracy is the value of the freedom for the presentation of opinion. During communism we visited what does it means to last this value. Censorship is absurdity which deforms freedom communication. I highly valuate that today’s European Union is democratic. I respect different opinion, suggestions or ideas, because it is same as you like red cars and somebody likes pink or orange cars. In same order as I respect your opinion, you need respect opinion presented by other people. That’s all.

 

MacedonianHero – The problem is elsewhere. Here a lot of people speculated that I sell something, but nobody presented ONE proof, one serious argument. It is true example of mass psychology. Nobody knows why or what is on, but people react for fictive (not existing) thing. I said that I work at university – scientist and I only guess to come to work for one international organization - R&D center (not audio technology, I am mathematician), I have nothing with spoken company, so the discussion is closed. But why people speculate more? There is one very important thing which must be hidden. From the topic of presentation of something we moved to new topic.

 

MH – try one experiment and you obtain true information. Today ask your wife for her opinion, what she tells you for these few sentences. “My darling, at about half year ago (or one year ago …) I purchased one device which costs at about 1000 dollars. Today one head-fier Neptius from Slovakia (one country in EU) seriously presented the device which sounds better then purchased my and costs one half of the price. I didn’t know that somebody presents so good device (components insight) with so excellent performance to price ratio, so probably I purchased totally overcosted device where I paid a lot of money for producer’s personal luxury life – honest audiophile exhibitions in four or five star hotels (two star hostel is good too), luxury car (normal car drives well too), house, holidays … I didn’t know that here are producers (more then 15 years) who not incorporate things like these in price of devices. What do you think about it?” Please tell us what she answered. Her answer says you all. I think, show must go on :) :)

post #410 of 633

I think, other people can try this conversation with girlfriend or your wife too. What she tell you? I think, the answer tells you all. I tried it with my girlfriend and I can write you answer.    She still loves me … :) :)

post #411 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptius View Post

I think, other people can try this conversation with girlfriend or your wife too. What she tell you? I think, the answer tells you all. I tried it with my girlfriend and I can write you answer.    She still loves me … :) :)


Man you can confuse people but now you take the price... What are you trying to say with that analogue? You want to say that Casea make better products then those that cost more and your wife loves you for saving all that money??? And what can we learn from that?  If you don´t grasp the language try to make things as easy as possible I suggest. You make some of the longest non paragraphed posts here trying to be extra clear I suspect. But it works the other way around.

 

post #412 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptius View Post

 

MacedonianHero – The problem is elsewhere. Here a lot of people speculated that I sell something, but nobody presented ONE proof, one serious argument.

 

MH – try one experiment and you obtain true information. Today ask your wife for her opinion, what she tells you for these few sentences. “My darling, at about half year ago (or one year ago …) I purchased one device which costs at about 1000 dollars. Today one head-fier Neptius from Slovakia (one country in EU) seriously presented the device which sounds better then purchased my and costs one half of the price. I didn’t know that somebody presents so good device (components insight) with so excellent performance to price ratio, so probably I purchased totally overcosted device where I paid a lot of money for producer’s personal luxury life – honest audiophile exhibitions in four or five star hotels (two star hostel is good too), luxury car (normal car drives well too), house, holidays … I didn’t know that here are producers (more then 15 years) who not incorporate things like these in price of devices. What do you think about it?” Please tell us what she answered. Her answer says you all. I think, show must go on :) :)


You just proved my point.

 

There is the evidence...first post you say I need to present evidence that you're here to sell that Slovak amp and in the very next paragraph: YOU TRY TO SELL THAT AMP. I think that is sufficient proof and thanks for making my job very easy.

post #413 of 633

MacedonianHero - Casea company if froM CZECH republic, not Slovakia. I am from Slovakia ... If I sayd that I sell something, please show me the proof. I am not able sell something. It says all. You promote the demagogy about it, nothing more. Where the idea that I sell something born?

post #414 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptius View Post

MacedonianHero - Casea company if froM CZECH republic, not Slovakia. I am from Slovakia ... If I sayd that I sell something, please show me the proof. I am not able sell something. It says all. You promote the demagogy about it, nothing more. Where the idea that I sell something born?


Well about 18 years ago it was the same country . And I really don't care where the amp is made, you constantly in EVERY post shill (push to sell) it. You asked me to prove it and then you proceeded to follow your pattern and then push that darn amp.

post #415 of 633

MacedonianHero – simply said, intelligent person send the email message to this company with the request about information about my relation. This is rational approach. There you will obtain true objective information. But you absolutely know that I am totally independent. Why do you (or others) not stop the speculations about selling these products? I think it is very stupid to relate me with something without exact proof. When I have suspection in first hand I try to obtain proofs or disproof, detailed information about.

 

The reason for these speculations is very simple and rational. It needs to be presented for better understanding. Today a lot of devices are hardly overcosted, but it is very difficult to proof for some device if is overcosted or not. You can simply do it in special situation. This situation simply said happen. The Casea amp, DAC or Sirius module are very good devices which contain very serious high quality components, but the price is well related to objective costs of components so the performance to price ratio is very strong value. In first hand, this is only poor argumentation, but in second hand, it says about many other producers and devices from this class. You simply can compare this device with other producers, as reference information about performance or price. Because (for these devices) the quality is very serious and price small, you carefully see that several concurrence products are hardly overcosted. If it is up to 20 percent, it is normal – different regions, business situation etc. But if it is more then 40 or 50 percent then it is irrational. The same components from same brands are not able cost with so different price, expect exchange ratio. So one amp produced by brand A is not able cost 100 percent more as one by brand B. Same for DACs.

 

The reason why several products are so overcosted is fact that the customer base for these audio devices is much different as in other business areas. Here are the customers with much better salaries (more then average national salaries) so they are able pay more expensive devices. The user expect “sound quality” and if it find it he is absolutely NOT interested about rationality of the pricetag. In reviews are rarely analysed if the price is adequate or not. So here have been less interest by producers to optimize their BPM (Business process management), BI (Business intelligence), BP (business performance) etc. So here exists big gap for reducing the prices. If one producer does things effectively, then others are in problems to explain situation. Why Rudistor RPX-33 costs 1150 euro (resp. 1400 dollars) and Casea Lyra mk2 (without DAC) costs (at about) 750-800 dollars (depend on exchange between Czech koruna and dollar) and these devices are from same class and same type? Especially in case when here is assumption that Lyra is better and higher quality device as RPX-33.

 

If we consider other argument, that Casea company exists more then 15 years (more then Rudistor company, this is NOT last season company), and that this device is very serious quality (If It was not true then somebody serious (with very good technical knowledge) from head-fi would present serious information after my „repeated“ messages), and that this device is well known in Central European region (Poland, Hungary, Austria, Czech republic, Slovakia, partially Germany), it says that other producers and customers (consumers) obtain the example (true information) that very rational prices are possible. When you consider the argument that here are many trade, MOD or contributor users (head-fiers), who are related to business, who very carefully see what is spoken here, the information about the device which does things in very rational values is simply said very negative for him. Other producers are not so happy that here is somebody who does things effectively or one user presents information about this device, compare with standard well known one etc (exclude any speculations made again my person). Trades have agreements, but they can simply include other item to catalogue. Here are brand friends too who critically said, guard opinions or positions. But naturally, I not say concrete names because it will open space for absurd speculations.

 

So back to beginning, if here come person with presentation of very serious quality device but with very good price, people are not able to be quite. In first hand, you can think about speculative built quality („chinese“ one), but if you see the pictures of insight and you understand details, you see that this device is in second group – high quality products. Larger group of people here are NOT able to be quite. So the hysteria or paranoya started. This is rational explanation of psychological things. Most of users do not understand what is insight so if they see that somebody does well built high quality product and other one is simply “less” or “worth”, and then prices are different, then they can not be quite too - they feel that they are (have been) cheated.

 

Let’s came back to economy. As I said, the problem is that the producers of headphone audio devices have not optimalized their business strategies. This is concrete argument, fact, but very poor information in case when I not include other things. In first hand they are small brands (around one person, music lover or enthusiast), so they are not able pay very expensive consulting agencies or realize very complex business methodologies. But situation during crisis changed things (presents several hidden phenomena) and more and more users expect the solutions with effective performance to price ratio, so these customers (the most part of head-fiers here) require optimalized processes. This requires the changes in thinking, business approaches, communication with customers etc (include my spoken company). So this is the request for the change, to move things to rational business values – well used in other business areas. But we are not in the end, naturally.

 

When we see for example project A Smarter Planet, presented and promoted by IBM company:

 

http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/?cm_re=masthead-_-solutions-_-asmarterplanet

and specialized very effective methodologies like :

 

Retail - http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/consumer_advocacy/ideas/index.html?re=spf

Products - http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/embedded_systems/ideas/index.html?re=spf

Analytics - http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/business_analytics/ideas/index.html?re=spf

Work - http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/productivity_management/ideas/index.html?re=spf

 

we see that things are possible to be effective for everybody, for producers to have great profits, for retail companies, for order customers (consumers) too. Why the situation about audio devices is so different? The most of producers (expect very specific one) are very small for serious projects with company like IBM, to do things effective. If one company does BI, BP or BPM effectively, it is caused by very specific conditions or situation, low HR (human resources) costs, low energy costs, limited production, no luxuries, no marketing costs, no adverts ..., only basic web pages. So it says that new concepts and forms of communication, cooperation, retail and production need be applied today.

 

Back to basic topic from the point of customer, it is very good thing that somebody is able produce devices very effectively and it is shown here, because it is very good concurrence pressure for other producers to optimalize things, to find gap for reduction of the costs of BPM etc. In other hand, the speculants has much more difficult situation to argue that small addition (small progress step) requests so dramatic jump in price (for example Ultrasone Ed 10). From this point of view, my information is very good idea for everybody here. Simply said, the devices can be produced effectively and consumer is able obtain the device with serious quality and very serious price. Trade (retail) companies can include effective products to their catalogue, prefer effective solutions as lower one. Producers can accept that the things are possible and they only need analyze their business case.

Back to aim of this thread, Maier company is serious German producer who is very interested on satisfying customers. Mr. Meier is interested to produce high quality devices, he has concrete branding name, goodwill, so he is able simply analyze things and optimize them. In same order dr. Rudi Stor, Ray Samuels ... This is rational approach and concurrence is always the best thing for end point consumer. Simply said, all of you can request (require) this right behaviour. Same as said in pages about A Smarter Planet project. That’s all.

 

 

MacedonianHero – all what I presented here is NOT demagogy, it is not speculation about nothing, pure putting of “some” information, two sentences speculation, this is my rational argumentation and explanation of things, based on facts or insights, by absolutely order consumer, absolutely independent person to producers, trade (retail) companies, sell commissions etc. I only present things how they are, nothing less nothing more.

post #416 of 633

I believe, previous my message is not going to be deleted. I only interested to present things right, for precise understanding things. I think, it is always great thing to say truth to people here, especially to order hifi enthusiasts, customers, people who interest to purchase some good device.

 

StageDAC (produced by Meier company) is good device, serious respondent for comparing with other very serious producers. Maier company has reputation between users, so it is serious to compare with other serious products. This device can deliver good value for customers, same as other products by Maier company (I am NOT salesman). I think, if we compare this deice with (spoken) Casea dac’s we obtain serious information. I know that the performance to price ratio is specific aspect, but the information how much in quality they differ is very serious information for everybody.

 

PERSONALLY, I am open and interested for cooperation with Meier company, to test, review, (totaly objectively from independent point of view) compare these DAC or amps. If producer contact me, I am open for communication.

post #417 of 633

I think we need to get back on track and remember what the thread is about - the Stagedac. I have bought this in conjunction with the Concerto (both in black) and have enjoyed the sound though the units are not burnt in yet. I have been dipping in and out of my music collection but once it is burnt in I will play with the Dac settings to hear the different tonalities available with the Stagedac. 

 

I can also recommend Jan as somebody who is easy to deal with. Am waiting for a HiFace to arrive to see how my Macbook shapes up as a source. 

 

 

Sorry forgot to say Leonardo thanks very much for all the review work you put in, in the early part of the thread. Especially as we both live in Scotland!


Edited by pjw241142 - 8/29/10 at 11:10am
post #418 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjw241142 View Post

I think we need to get back on track and remember what the thread is about - the Stagedac. I have bought this in conjunction with the Concerto (both in black) and have enjoyed the sound though the units are not burnt in yet. I have been dipping in and out of my music collection but once it is burnt in I will play with the Dac settings to hear the different tonalities available with the Stagedac. 

 

I can also recommend Jan as somebody who is easy to deal with. Am waiting for a HiFace to arrive to see how my Macbook shapes up as a source. 

 

 

Sorry forgot to say Leonardo thanks very much for all the review work you put in, in the early part of the thread. Especially as we both live in Scotland!


Jan is a gentleman first, and salesman second. Truly a world-class act.

 

I don't know if my concerto changed much since I got it. Been amazing since the second I flipped the switch. At times I wish I had bought the stagedac, because Jan deserves my business, but it was not what i needed, and I am still unsure what source I should buy... 

 

Macbook should be fine as a source, Jan did some nice work with the clock and jitter reduction.

post #419 of 633

My HD800 + Concerto + StageDAC arrived today, enjoying it even though neither headphones or amps have had time to burn-in.

Will return with some thoughts on the USB vs HiFACE once I get some more time on this.

 

And Jan is a delight to do bussiness with, a gentleman just like stated above.

post #420 of 633

I've been using the StageDAC for a month or so now, and I think it's pretty fantastic.  I mostly got it for the crossfeed, and it delivers; I much prefer it to the MicroAmp's crossfeed (because it has more options, and it doesn't sound as bass-heavy).

 

The inclusion of the preamp so I can send it to my speaker amp as well is also really helpful - I am 100% satisfied so far.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Meier Audio StageDAC