Related Forum Threads
- Asking headfi, should I fix my broken AKG K1000's for $850, or sell them cheap and get... Last post on 8/18/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there such a thing as product cycles for headphones? Last post on 11/28/10 at 12:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page Last post on 3/24/13 at 1:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Sized Headphone that is the Best at Timbre (Most Timbre Accuracy) Last post on 8/23/10 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NOS AKG K1000 for 550$? Is it ok? Last post on 8/16/10 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
AKG K1000 Prices - Page 5post #61 of 898/2/10 at 10:19pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 898/3/10 at 12:34ampost #63 of 898/3/10 at 12:36ampost #64 of 898/3/10 at 12:39ampost #65 of 898/3/10 at 3:49pm
Well I guess we have to wait for the numbers, but it seems as if Senn and Beyer are managing to sell the HD800 and T1 respectively, despite such a high price. I guess people weren't interested in the K1000 back then, or AKG thought they needed to price them quite low to get the sales up, and ended up losing money because of it. Either way, they're part of Harman now, who would much rather sell to the mass market, not to mention that AKG would get criticism if they started manufacturing and selling the K1000 again unless the price was at least as low as when it was originally sold (which would probably result in a loss anyhow, just by the cost involved in getting them back into production).post #66 of 898/3/10 at 4:53pmQuote:
yeah, this was also the same guy asking for a donation of a pair of hd650, while he was trying to sell a pair of hd600.post #67 of 898/4/10 at 12:35amQuote:
Not just K1000, other AKGs too. Go here to see a small part of the rest of his collection.post #68 of 898/4/10 at 1:25ampost #69 of 8910/27/10 at 5:36pmQuote:
No, I don't really like the K1000 all that much.post #70 of 8911/17/10 at 6:49am
I am considering to buy one AKG K1000, do you consider sell one of yours.
I heard that there was 2 version : bass heavy and the other one not so bass heavy
What is the difference in term of sQ, built , price?
What is the price in the market right now and how can I get one if you don't want to sell
yours.post #71 of 8911/17/10 at 1:03pmHi,
I only have one K1000 (that picture is of another member's K1000 collection). I have the bass light version, and to me, they do have plenty of bass for my tastes. Sometimes even too much if listening to the likes of trance with the volume up. I would sell them to you, but their condition is terrible. Technically they are not mine, but Patrick82's on long term loan. He wants to sell them, but I cannot afford them and I do not think anyone else would want to buy them. They usually go for about $900-$1200 depending on serial number, condition and accessories included. The bass heavy K1000 and bass light look the same, just the bass heavy has more bass fwir.post #72 of 8911/17/10 at 4:27pmpost #73 of 8911/17/10 at 8:32pm
Haha are you referring to my previous post? If so, what part of it? (I think I may know but I don't wanna go out on a limb here )post #74 of 8911/18/10 at 8:02pm
Is it safe to buy the AKG K1000 from european site?
What is the approximate present price of the AKG K 1000?
I heard that it is most appropriately driven by the speaker adapter cable to the redwine audio signature 30.2
is it correct, and will the ZDT with silver reference transformer be able to drive them.
Do we need to recable them and if you think we should what is the most appropriate to be used?
Thanks in advanced,
Kiertijaipost #75 of 8911/18/10 at 8:54pmYes it is safe to buy K1000 from European sites. The german ebay usually has a couple, and the K1000 usually appear here in the For Sale forum. Not too sure on the present price, but anything under $900 is a bargain and anything over $1200 is getting expensive. The Redwine Audio Signature 30.2 is supposed to be amazing with the K1000 fwir. Speaker amplifiers work best with K1000 fwir. A good recable would be something like the Stefan AudioArt Equinox. Quite popular on the K1000. Alex at APureSound also does some wonderful work. For the recable, I would recommend SPC, judiging by the sound og the K1000, SPC would probably be best, then pure copper and then pure silver. Pure copper might add too much warmth to the overall sound and won't be as detailed as silver. Pure silver may make the K1000 sound too bright and detailed (yes, that is possible if you want a relaxing listen, not an analytical one). Silver plated copper should have a mix of the two. Making the overall sound smooth and enjoyable, while preserving detail.
The ZDT should do a good job. Here and here are a couple comments on it with K1000. If you don't already have the ZDT, I would purchase the RWA Signature 30.2, as it is supposed to be pretty much the amp for the K1000, besides the Firstwatt F1, which is very difficult to get these days (i have heard of people who have DIY a clone, however).
- AKG K1000 Prices
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cinder's Hearth - Reviews and Impressions Catalogue 2 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 26 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 29 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Any recommended Audiologist to get ear impression in San Francisco... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › IC/WTT: 600Ω Sennheiser HD 25-13 II 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by crabdog
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear