or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K1000 Prices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K1000 Prices - Page 2

post #16 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benaiir View Post
On a brighter note, AKG is rumored to be putting out a K1000 successor in 2010.
Just a [insert word] dream, or do you have some source of information to point us to?
Whatever they do, I hope they keep its sound signature and speaker amplification requirement. As it makes them stand out from the crowd!
post #17 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
Just a wet dream, or do you have some source of information to point us to?
Whatever they do, I hope they keep its sound signature and speaker amplification requirement. As it makes them stand out from the crowd!
Do you mean wet dream???? or pipe dream?
post #18 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by logwed View Post
Do you mean wet dream???? or pipe dream?
No idea what "pipe dream" mean, so hard to say. Lets just say "dream" then, to cause less confusion...
post #19 of 89
Lol, are you familiar with the concept of a wet dream?
post #20 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by logwed View Post
Lol, are you familiar with the concept of a wet dream?
you mean the K1000? :P
post #21 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by logwed View Post
Lol, are you familiar with the concept of a wet dream?
So instead of answering the question you just keep on nagging...
The word "wet dream" (våt drøm) is used in a positive way up here, referring to a dream you really want to come true. Guess its different 'over there'.

Edit:
Let me rephrase the question slightly, so you may understand:
"Just a dream, or do you have some source of information to point us to?"
post #22 of 89
In the States, a pipe dream is your definition of a wet dream. I see how that would cause confusion...
post #23 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
In the States, a pipe dream is your definition of a wet dream. I see how that would cause confusion...
I see.
Just like your "black eye" vs. our "blue eye", describing how you look when you have received a major hit in the face/eye.
post #24 of 89
Haha.
post #25 of 89
^ $hit happens when using the 3rd language...
post #26 of 89
A wet dream in English is what happens when an adolescent male, umm..., well, ejaculates in his sleep.
Does that clear up the confusion?
post #27 of 89
I wanted to avoid the definition, but yeah, logwed is correct.
post #28 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
So instead of answering the question you just keep on nagging...
The word "wet dream" (våt drøm) is used in a positive way up here, referring to a dream you really want to come true. Guess its different 'over there'.

Edit:
Let me rephrase the question slightly, so you may understand:
"Just a dream, or do you have some source of information to point us to?"
LOLOLOLOL, I got krmathis frustrated!!!
Anyway, I have no concrete proof of a replacement K1000, and I didn't originate the speculation on this thread. I just had a little fun with our language barrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
I wanted to avoid the definition, but yeah, logwed is correct.
I've been in enough High School life ed classes. I know my stuff!
post #29 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by logwed View Post
A wet dream in English is what happens when an adolescent male, umm..., well, ejaculates in his sleep.
Does that clear up the confusion?
It is here as well. However, people refer to having a wet dream when you really want or own something. So you can have a wet dream over [something].

Quote:
Originally Posted by logwed View Post
LOLOLOLOL, I got krmathis frustrated!!!
I know, that's why I laughed. That must be the first time ever.
post #30 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post
It was designed to run from a speaker amp, not a headphone amp. Though it might not seem like it here, speaker amps are cheaper and way more common than dedicated headphone amps. You can even find an old receiver at the Salvation Army for $20 that will drive the K-1000. Not so with other headphones.
Yes, but if I understand correctly the sound is relative to the amp being used, in the same way dedicated headphone amps are. However, I do get what you're saying about driving it, and you can indeed get some old speaker amps for low prices that will drive it well, so if you've just scored a pair and don't have anything to even try them with, it won't be so hard to pick up a cheap speaker amp to at least give them a go.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K1000 Prices