Might be. I think I am done with the bass-reflex hole now. For now I am going to listen to it some more before I mod anything. And if I do so I will try different dampening stuff in front of the driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 7/7/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Dac/Amp Pairing for Q701's and DT770-250 DT880/DT990-600hm Last post on 10/27/12 at 11:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AD 900 vs. DT 880 vs. AKG 550...which would you put on your head (and mine)? Last post on 9/12/12 at 5:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT-880's or 990's? Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back* - Page 8post #106 of 3296/12/10 at 4:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 3296/12/10 at 12:27pmpost #108 of 3296/12/10 at 3:00pmpost #109 of 3297/5/10 at 12:59pm
I just bought a second hand DT880 edition 2005 (250 ohm) with the purpose to make them closed back according to the mod described here.
Hopefully it will be the closed headphone I'm looking for (good sound AND comfort).post #110 of 3297/8/10 at 7:52ampost #111 of 3297/8/10 at 10:14ampost #112 of 3297/8/10 at 10:16am
Hang on, I just received them
Not even half an hour on my head. And since this is the first time I have a modern day DT880, I decided to listen to them for a few days unmodded, comparing them to the stable.
I like them more than I expected. Not as bright and sibilant as I was afraid of, also a quite good bass.
The bad thing is that my ears are touching the drivers with these soft pads, hope the stiffer DT770 pads will solve this.
Edited by Tiemen - 7/8/10 at 10:49ampost #113 of 3297/9/10 at 6:32am
I have four felt pieces of 1 mm, and one piece of 4 mm.
Can't find 3 and 1,5 mm.
I can breath more easily through the 4 mm piece, than through the pile of four pieces.
Now which should I use for damping the cups?
Does the felt affect sound, or are they just for isolation?
Edited by Tiemen - 7/16/10 at 10:44ampost #114 of 3297/9/10 at 9:50ampost #115 of 3297/10/10 at 10:40am
And the headphone is still alive. I was afraid to break those tiny inner cables. But it went well.
I'm very satisfied with the sound. Meatier and fuller mids, better drum impact, highs still sweet, and the bass tuneful. I can live with the slight less airy sound.
They are now almost as good as my vintage DT880, with much better isolation.
Kudos to NoXter and nickchenpost #116 of 3297/11/10 at 12:30ampost #117 of 3297/11/10 at 12:54am
These are mine, I used a Superlux HD660 housing as basis. That is roughly the same as a DT770'2003.
Don't be mislead by the mesh, that housings are still closed. The main difference to a DT880'2005 housing as basis are the mids, for some reason they have a bit more energy here.post #118 of 3297/11/10 at 3:35amThread Starterpost #119 of 3297/11/10 at 3:41am
- Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 16 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 35 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for an all-around IEM recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob