Might be. I think I am done with the bass-reflex hole now. For now I am going to listen to it some more before I mod anything. And if I do so I will try different dampening stuff in front of the driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 7/7/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Dac/Amp Pairing for Q701's and DT770-250 DT880/DT990-600hm Last post on 10/27/12 at 11:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AD 900 vs. DT 880 vs. AKG 550...which would you put on your head (and mine)? Last post on 9/12/12 at 5:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT-880's or 990's? Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back* - Page 8post #106 of 3316/12/10 at 4:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 3316/12/10 at 12:27pmpost #108 of 3316/12/10 at 3:00pmpost #109 of 3317/5/10 at 12:59pm
I just bought a second hand DT880 edition 2005 (250 ohm) with the purpose to make them closed back according to the mod described here.
Hopefully it will be the closed headphone I'm looking for (good sound AND comfort).post #110 of 3317/8/10 at 7:52ampost #111 of 3317/8/10 at 10:14ampost #112 of 3317/8/10 at 10:16am
Hang on, I just received them
Not even half an hour on my head. And since this is the first time I have a modern day DT880, I decided to listen to them for a few days unmodded, comparing them to the stable.
I like them more than I expected. Not as bright and sibilant as I was afraid of, also a quite good bass.
The bad thing is that my ears are touching the drivers with these soft pads, hope the stiffer DT770 pads will solve this.
Edited by Tiemen - 7/8/10 at 10:49ampost #113 of 3317/9/10 at 6:32am
I have four felt pieces of 1 mm, and one piece of 4 mm.
Can't find 3 and 1,5 mm.
I can breath more easily through the 4 mm piece, than through the pile of four pieces.
Now which should I use for damping the cups?
Does the felt affect sound, or are they just for isolation?
Edited by Tiemen - 7/16/10 at 10:44ampost #114 of 3317/9/10 at 9:50ampost #115 of 3317/10/10 at 10:40am
And the headphone is still alive. I was afraid to break those tiny inner cables. But it went well.
I'm very satisfied with the sound. Meatier and fuller mids, better drum impact, highs still sweet, and the bass tuneful. I can live with the slight less airy sound.
They are now almost as good as my vintage DT880, with much better isolation.
Kudos to NoXter and nickchenpost #116 of 3317/11/10 at 12:30ampost #117 of 3317/11/10 at 12:54am
These are mine, I used a Superlux HD660 housing as basis. That is roughly the same as a DT770'2003.
Don't be mislead by the mesh, that housings are still closed. The main difference to a DT880'2005 housing as basis are the mids, for some reason they have a bit more energy here.post #118 of 3317/11/10 at 3:35amThread Starterpost #119 of 3317/11/10 at 3:41am
- Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 11 seconds ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 13 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 3 minutes ago
- › Bit Perfect Tidal 4 minutes ago
- › Under $30 ear buds or headphones to use with my smartphone. 5 minutes ago
- › If you had to buy an AMP/DAC right now for $200, what would you get? 5 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 5 minutes ago
- › fS: KOSS ESP950 Electrostatic Headphone w/ E90 Energizer , 2 power... 7 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6s Sound Quality 8 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...