Might be. I think I am done with the bass-reflex hole now. For now I am going to listen to it some more before I mod anything. And if I do so I will try different dampening stuff in front of the driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 7/7/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Dac/Amp Pairing for Q701's and DT770-250 DT880/DT990-600hm Last post on 10/27/12 at 11:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AD 900 vs. DT 880 vs. AKG 550...which would you put on your head (and mine)? Last post on 9/12/12 at 5:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT-880's or 990's? Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back* - Page 8post #106 of 3316/12/10 at 4:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 3316/12/10 at 12:27pmpost #108 of 3316/12/10 at 3:00pmpost #109 of 3317/5/10 at 12:59pm
I just bought a second hand DT880 edition 2005 (250 ohm) with the purpose to make them closed back according to the mod described here.
Hopefully it will be the closed headphone I'm looking for (good sound AND comfort).post #110 of 3317/8/10 at 7:52ampost #111 of 3317/8/10 at 10:14ampost #112 of 3317/8/10 at 10:16am
Hang on, I just received them
Not even half an hour on my head. And since this is the first time I have a modern day DT880, I decided to listen to them for a few days unmodded, comparing them to the stable.
I like them more than I expected. Not as bright and sibilant as I was afraid of, also a quite good bass.
The bad thing is that my ears are touching the drivers with these soft pads, hope the stiffer DT770 pads will solve this.
Edited by Tiemen - 7/8/10 at 10:49ampost #113 of 3317/9/10 at 6:32am
I have four felt pieces of 1 mm, and one piece of 4 mm.
Can't find 3 and 1,5 mm.
I can breath more easily through the 4 mm piece, than through the pile of four pieces.
Now which should I use for damping the cups?
Does the felt affect sound, or are they just for isolation?
Edited by Tiemen - 7/16/10 at 10:44ampost #114 of 3317/9/10 at 9:50ampost #115 of 3317/10/10 at 10:40am
And the headphone is still alive. I was afraid to break those tiny inner cables. But it went well.
I'm very satisfied with the sound. Meatier and fuller mids, better drum impact, highs still sweet, and the bass tuneful. I can live with the slight less airy sound.
They are now almost as good as my vintage DT880, with much better isolation.
Kudos to NoXter and nickchenpost #116 of 3317/11/10 at 12:30ampost #117 of 3317/11/10 at 12:54am
These are mine, I used a Superlux HD660 housing as basis. That is roughly the same as a DT770'2003.
Don't be mislead by the mesh, that housings are still closed. The main difference to a DT880'2005 housing as basis are the mids, for some reason they have a bit more energy here.post #118 of 3317/11/10 at 3:35amThread Starterpost #119 of 3317/11/10 at 3:41am
- Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 16 seconds ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amplifier 16 seconds ago
- › Asus xonar essence stx ii Users Help !!!-- Some Questions !!! 35 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 48 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 51 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › KGSShv Carbon - hows it sound with the 009s? 4 minutes ago
- › 4 Jensen 0.22µf / 630V Copper Foil Paper-In-Oil Silver Lead... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear