Might be. I think I am done with the bass-reflex hole now. For now I am going to listen to it some more before I mod anything. And if I do so I will try different dampening stuff in front of the driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 7/7/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Dac/Amp Pairing for Q701's and DT770-250 DT880/DT990-600hm Last post on 10/27/12 at 11:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AD 900 vs. DT 880 vs. AKG 550...which would you put on your head (and mine)? Last post on 9/12/12 at 5:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT-880's or 990's? Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back* - Page 8post #106 of 3316/12/10 at 4:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 3316/12/10 at 12:27pmpost #108 of 3316/12/10 at 3:00pmpost #109 of 3317/5/10 at 12:59pm
I just bought a second hand DT880 edition 2005 (250 ohm) with the purpose to make them closed back according to the mod described here.
Hopefully it will be the closed headphone I'm looking for (good sound AND comfort).post #110 of 3317/8/10 at 7:52ampost #111 of 3317/8/10 at 10:14ampost #112 of 3317/8/10 at 10:16am
Hang on, I just received them
Not even half an hour on my head. And since this is the first time I have a modern day DT880, I decided to listen to them for a few days unmodded, comparing them to the stable.
I like them more than I expected. Not as bright and sibilant as I was afraid of, also a quite good bass.
The bad thing is that my ears are touching the drivers with these soft pads, hope the stiffer DT770 pads will solve this.
Edited by Tiemen - 7/8/10 at 10:49ampost #113 of 3317/9/10 at 6:32am
I have four felt pieces of 1 mm, and one piece of 4 mm.
Can't find 3 and 1,5 mm.
I can breath more easily through the 4 mm piece, than through the pile of four pieces.
Now which should I use for damping the cups?
Does the felt affect sound, or are they just for isolation?
Edited by Tiemen - 7/16/10 at 10:44ampost #114 of 3317/9/10 at 9:50ampost #115 of 3317/10/10 at 10:40am
And the headphone is still alive. I was afraid to break those tiny inner cables. But it went well.
I'm very satisfied with the sound. Meatier and fuller mids, better drum impact, highs still sweet, and the bass tuneful. I can live with the slight less airy sound.
They are now almost as good as my vintage DT880, with much better isolation.
Kudos to NoXter and nickchenpost #116 of 3317/11/10 at 12:30ampost #117 of 3317/11/10 at 12:54am
These are mine, I used a Superlux HD660 housing as basis. That is roughly the same as a DT770'2003.
Don't be mislead by the mesh, that housings are still closed. The main difference to a DT880'2005 housing as basis are the mids, for some reason they have a bit more energy here.post #118 of 3317/11/10 at 3:35amThread Starterpost #119 of 3317/11/10 at 3:41am
- Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 10 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 32 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help with deciding what to do!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2