Might be. I think I am done with the bass-reflex hole now. For now I am going to listen to it some more before I mod anything. And if I do so I will try different dampening stuff in front of the driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 7/7/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Dac/Amp Pairing for Q701's and DT770-250 DT880/DT990-600hm Last post on 10/27/12 at 11:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AD 900 vs. DT 880 vs. AKG 550...which would you put on your head (and mine)? Last post on 9/12/12 at 5:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT-880's or 990's? Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:11am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back* - Page 8post #106 of 3316/12/10 at 4:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 3316/12/10 at 12:27pmpost #108 of 3316/12/10 at 3:00pmpost #109 of 3317/5/10 at 12:59pm
I just bought a second hand DT880 edition 2005 (250 ohm) with the purpose to make them closed back according to the mod described here.
Hopefully it will be the closed headphone I'm looking for (good sound AND comfort).post #110 of 3317/8/10 at 7:52ampost #111 of 3317/8/10 at 10:14ampost #112 of 3317/8/10 at 10:16am
Hang on, I just received them
Not even half an hour on my head. And since this is the first time I have a modern day DT880, I decided to listen to them for a few days unmodded, comparing them to the stable.
I like them more than I expected. Not as bright and sibilant as I was afraid of, also a quite good bass.
The bad thing is that my ears are touching the drivers with these soft pads, hope the stiffer DT770 pads will solve this.
Edited by Tiemen - 7/8/10 at 10:49ampost #113 of 3317/9/10 at 6:32am
I have four felt pieces of 1 mm, and one piece of 4 mm.
Can't find 3 and 1,5 mm.
I can breath more easily through the 4 mm piece, than through the pile of four pieces.
Now which should I use for damping the cups?
Does the felt affect sound, or are they just for isolation?
Edited by Tiemen - 7/16/10 at 10:44ampost #114 of 3317/9/10 at 9:50ampost #115 of 3317/10/10 at 10:40am
And the headphone is still alive. I was afraid to break those tiny inner cables. But it went well.
I'm very satisfied with the sound. Meatier and fuller mids, better drum impact, highs still sweet, and the bass tuneful. I can live with the slight less airy sound.
They are now almost as good as my vintage DT880, with much better isolation.
Kudos to NoXter and nickchenpost #116 of 3317/11/10 at 12:30ampost #117 of 3317/11/10 at 12:54am
These are mine, I used a Superlux HD660 housing as basis. That is roughly the same as a DT770'2003.
Don't be mislead by the mesh, that housings are still closed. The main difference to a DT880'2005 housing as basis are the mids, for some reason they have a bit more energy here.post #118 of 3317/11/10 at 3:35amThread Starterpost #119 of 3317/11/10 at 3:41am
- Beyerdynamic DT880 *closed-back*
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips SHP9500 - Excellent Condition - $45 shipped 10 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 23 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 48 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › DX80 Purist Firmware Modification - For purist audiophiles 5 minutes ago
- › A new member ! 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Simgot EN700 IEM or wireless 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...