Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF2--It's For Real
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Grado HF2--It's For Real - Page 66  

post #976 of 2859
That is one hot set of headphones!
post #977 of 2859
I believe you can still order the MS1 with a choice of plug, some people wound up getting jacks that won't fit their iPods without an adapter But when I last ordered my MS1s, the site was clear enough on this.
Now the annoying part... If I get these HF2s, I need to sell my MS1, AKG701s and perhaps even my MSPros, all so I can afford the luxury of these metal/wood hybrids.
Seeing an ad for HF1s on a Canadian site was what originally started the madness for me... I've never actually listened to a stock HF1, and was disappointed (when I finally saw a pair) that it had the old style ugly plastic headband.
Now the HF2 looks sharp, and I have a Teeny Tiny bit of space on my credit card... should I, or shouldn't I...



Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Sounds like some variability there...

.
post #978 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouRight View Post
...I should be on the first batch aside from the 25 Todd brought to CanJam to sell and give to Mod's.
Whatttt????
post #979 of 2859
Very anti-climactic to have been waiting with great anticipation for feedback about the HF-2. I think it's unlikely that we'll get really good impressions from CanJam, it may have to wait until units start to ship and people can actually use them with their own systems in the quiet of their own home.

I remember when the GS-1000's debuted at the national meet and the broad consensus was that they were God's gift to headphones....I'm skeptical of the average head-fiers ability to accurately relay the characteristics of this headphone under meet conditions. We need someone who is an experienced reviewer (ideally someone who has heard the entire Grado line-up) to get some time with these...

Until then, this is like a weird form of self-torture. Speculating on the meaning of a random sentence or two of meaningless descriptions. "They're more neutral"....uh thanks.
post #980 of 2859
Well, I'm hoping that when the impressions to finally start to come this way, they were formed while listening in a quiet room, like the small rooms at last year's Can Jam (or was that two years ago?). The ambient noise of the main meet room is way too noisy to draw any solid conclusion of any open-driver headphone.
post #981 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule View Post
Well, I'm hoping that when the impressions to finally start to come this way, they were formed while listening in a quiet room, like the small rooms at last year's Can Jam (or was that two years ago?). The ambient noise of the main meet room is way too noisy to draw any solid conclusion of any open-driver headphone.
Me too. You really have to put some effort into doing a proper review or critical listen when you've got the bustle and fun of a meet happening all around you. Also, alcohol. Alcohol is a confounding factor.
post #982 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post
Me too. You really have to put some effort into doing a proper review or critical listen when you've got the bustle and fun of a meet happening all around you. Also, alcohol. Alcohol is a confounding factor.
Alcohol, Headphones, knew I shoulda gone!

.
post #983 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Alcohol, Headphones, knew I shoulda gone!

.
No kidding, I was looking at some of the early meet pictures and was flooded with fond memories of drunken meets from the past...wishing I could join the fun.

Usually you're good for the first three or four hours- that's when the critical listening is possible. Beyond that, you're racing against time between intoxication and listener fatigue.
post #984 of 2859
so what's the verdict? go or no go?
post #985 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post
No kidding, I was looking at some of the early meet pictures and was flooded with fond memories of drunken meets from the past...wishing I could join the fun.

Usually you're good for the first three or four hours- that's when the critical listening is possible. Beyond that, you're racing against time between intoxication and listener fatigue.
Actually if Todd has a Keg at the HF-2 table, there's no telling how many of these he would sell!

.
post #986 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post
Whatttt????
Mod's = Moderators. From what he said I believe he brough some pairs for the "ELITE" head-fi guys who are more "old-school" to get some dibs on these, maybe to right reviews, make recables, etc. People like Moon Audio and stuff


PS: I want mine so bad! My ESW10jpn are getting boring I want something new~!
post #987 of 2859
the phones look pretty nice. Any comments on how it feels?
post #988 of 2859
Any high quality detailed pics to post?
Any rudimentary, yet meaningful reviews/comparisons yet?
post #989 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
I had an SR-125 back in 2005 and it was terminated in a 1/4" plug.
I've got a pair of SR125's with 1/4" plug as well. I'm not sure when I bought them but it was a while ago, around 2002 or so.

Transducers are shot, so now the SR125 is just wall decoration.
post #990 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliex View Post
Any high quality detailed pics to post?
Don't know how much more detail you need, aside from the 2nd post of this thread.

And like some posters before you have mentioned, we might not get any meaningful feedback/comparisons till people are in a setting that allow for critical listening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF2--It's For Real