Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF2--It's For Real
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Grado HF2--It's For Real - Page 60  

post #886 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimspoon View Post
I don't like how the part that holds / swivels the cups don't go all the way around like RS1, but instead are just part way like the lower end models.

Metal would have been nicer.

Still, these are nicer looking than I imagined.
I'm not sure how the ring is a big deal, does it affect the sound or anything?

Need listening impressions!
post #887 of 2859
Yeah! I guessed right! On day 1! Yeah yeah, uh-huh uh-huh! When I spoke to Todd right after the announcement, I could tell from Todd's voice I was on the right track. I'm hoping the wood chambers reigns in the sibilance just a tad. If so, they should sound great.
post #888 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmathis View Post
Relative small, probably 'decent' sounding, and the fact that I just need an office 'phone...


I have an office on my own, so I can always close the door if I want to play loud.
Might be a good office headphone if you have an office. It's not that small and in my book a bit expensive to be an "office headphone", to each it's own I guess.
post #889 of 2859
This look so good! order has been placed, now comes the wait.
post #890 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust2D View Post
Or the same as PS1000 with smaller cup? Or the same as RS-2 with metal cup? Come on, it's a different headphone with various elements combined, not "tricked out mod'd" SR325.

It looks more like a variation on the new "wood plus metal" idea used for PS1000.

Ahhh WRONG.

Look at the PIX of the 325 and the HF-2 side by side. Read my prev posts about how it was done. The top was milled or ground down 3-4 mm on the 325. Look at the bevel and how it would change. Look at the Grill depth. Most importantly, use the Neurons that God blessed you with and exercise some thoughtful analysis.

.
post #891 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Ahhh WRONG.

Look at the PIX of the 325 and the HF-2 side by side. Read my prev posts about how it was done. The top was milled or ground down 3-4 mm on the 325. Look at the bevel and how it would change. Look at the Grill depth. Most importantly, use the Neurons that God blessed you with and exercise some thoughtful analysis.

.
I did look at the pictures. Does not look the same and even if the metal from the top portion of 325 was used, does it make it tricked out 325? I think you just like to jump to conclusions. Keep up the good work.
post #892 of 2859
Successful troll is successful.
post #893 of 2859
Aside from wanting to know how they sound, I'd like more info on the headphones themselves. Specifically, is this a new driver? Apologies if this was already mentioned but I don't recall reading anything about it.
post #894 of 2859
Someone from Camjam had compared the HF2 to their PS1 that they brought and their initial impression is the two sound almost exactly alike. This is getting more interesting.
post #895 of 2859

Love the etching on the edges and lack of the button in the middle..

lends itself to a more minimalist look.

love it...

now to the ordering process :-)

-s
post #896 of 2859
Very interesting indeed. I'm looking forward to more impressions.

I really doubt these are just milled 325 cups. It's hard to tell from the pictures obviously, but the measurements just don't match up - to me, anyway.
post #897 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan007 View Post
Successful troll is successful.
Exactly. He is such a know it all. It's like he has to grab this imaginary spotlight in every thread he enters and shine it on himself.
post #898 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by zotjen View Post
Aside from wanting to know how they sound, I'd like more info on the headphones themselves. Specifically, is this a new driver? Apologies if this was already mentioned but I don't recall reading anything about it.
You probably won't get any details about the driver. But they will sound nice for sure.

Btw. where are the first impressions from the people at canjam? Come on... don't let us starve . I'm sitting here for hours now, reloading the page every minute .
post #899 of 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post
Exactly. He is such a know it all. It's like he has to grab this imaginary spotlight in every thread he enters and shine it on himself.
It's not even about being right or wrong, it's about being a jerk about things. Chill, have a beer, get laid, listen to some music rather than worrying about your own pure speculation so much that you have to resort to insulting others. Have fun with people and things instead of being an ass!
post #900 of 2859
Quote:
Btw. where are the first impressions from the people at canjam?
Well personally, if I were at CanJam I'd be running around trying to listen to as much as possible rather than wasting time posting impressions. I'm sure we'll get a lot more later tonight once the hall is cleared and the doors are locked.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF2--It's For Real