Originally Posted by K3cT
Hmm... this is quite a dilemma. If I buy this, it means that the D7000 will have to wait until much later and if the D7000 turns out to be better than the HF-2 then I'm going to kick myself real hard.
FWIW, I owned the D7000s for a few weeks and didn't care for them. They are good solid headphones but just didn't have the sound I was looking for, especially in the midrange. I've owned the HF-1's in the past and, based on memory, preferred them to the D7000s. The HF-1's, and my regrettably sold vintage RS-1, led me down the Grado path to the GS1000s, PS1s, and now my HP2s.
I'd suggest ordering the HF-2. If you don't like it, which I doubt, you can always sell it here for a very minimal loss.