or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Luxman P-200
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxman P-200 - Page 2

post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
I heard it and the P1 at CanJam.
Which room had the P1 in it? I can't believe I missed the amp!!!! Guess I'll email Todd and let him know I'll gladly pre-pay to order one if Luxman is willing to export some 115v versions.
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
I heard it and the P1 at CanJam. I can say there was a noticible difference between the two. I was stronly considering it before I went but was a little underwhelmed by it. I think it sounded better with the HD800s than my L3000s, but since I didn't care for the HD800s I don't think I'll be getting this amp. Interestingly, Todd of TTVJ said the P1 is going to be coming back out in the fall.
Thanks for the inform re: P1 coming back which is good news.
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador View Post
Which room had the P1 in it? I can't believe I missed the amp!!!! Guess I'll email Todd and let him know I'll gladly pre-pay to order one if Luxman is willing to export some 115v versions.

I almost missed it too until I was talking to someone and they pointed out to me there was one at the meet. I believe it was in Catalina D, the Summit Fi room. It was tucked away under a Mac computer. and very inconspicuous.
post #19 of 37
strangelove, how does P1 compare to RPX300? And is there anyone tried balance RPX300? Many thanks!
post #20 of 37
The P1 to me looked a little like a DVD player or some other ordinary piece of kit, but when I saw the pix of the inside of Judes I was pretty horrified...looks like the amp has 3 stages with three kinds of transistors or something, pretty brutal power output according to its specs - probably at least as powerful as the Beta22 (also has 3 types of transistors I believe) - a neat design, I'm not surprised it's so well liked. I think Audiocubes still sells them, maybe it'll be my next purchase.
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne View Post
strangelove, how does P1 compare to RPX300? And is there anyone tried balance RPX300? Many thanks!
It' hard to compare directly because they were hooked to different sources with different types of music being played. However I listened to both with my L3000s. The RPX300 was crystal clear sounding, very crisp and fast, maybe even a little cold in comparison to the Luxman. The Luxman was much warmer and seemed a bit flatter but probably just as detailed. I would have liked to hear the RPX300 with my own music and not what they were playing to really tell.
post #22 of 37
$3200 amp compared to $1500 amp?
post #23 of 37
strangelove - Thanks for the comparison! It makes things much clearer, cheers!

jimmyjames8 - Price difference between the two amps is probably just under around $1000 (after import tax on P1) if one buy them from UK.
post #24 of 37

Did anybody hear or have P-200 with HD800? Is it a good combo?

post #25 of 37

The P-200 is a great amp for the K-702, but I'll still prefer the Phonitor combo. The HD-800 can take tubes well and with tubes you'll get more bass and less treble, for of a fun sounding.

post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post
Did anybody hear or have P-200 with HD800? Is it a good combo?


I haven't heard that combo, but I wrote a review of the P-200 with some other headphones here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/501781/mini-reviews-luxman-p-1u-and-p-200

 

I'd guess the P-200 wouldn't drive the HD800 very well, and sonically that might not be a great pairing either, unless you're seeking to enhance the HD800's clarity and treble (most people don't and seem to prefer adding mid-range to the HD800's sound instead - just an observation I've noticed among HD800 owners on Head-Fi). My recommended amps for the HD800, if you want solid-state, would be either a B22 or M3, which you can build yourself or buy used on the FS forums. I haven't heard the Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear with the HD800, but Sennheiser has demoed the HD800 with that amp at their European audio shows, so that might be one to look into if you want a commercial amp instead of a DIY one.

 

Some other reviews I've written that you might want to read, in reference to the HD800 and some other amps I've heard with it:

- http://www.head-fi.org/t/580636/mini-review-schiit-lyr

- http://www.head-fi.org/t/531228/review-schiit-audio-asgard-avenson-audio-headphone-amp

- http://www.head-fi.org/t/511201/review-beyerdynamic-t1-vs-sennheiser-hd800

post #27 of 37
Thank you for answers. I have Lyr now and I'm planning to sell it. That is a really good amps which I have listened for a 5 months. But does not give bigger enough soundstage. And it's transparency is not very good. All in all it can not realize all the HD800's potential. I'm planning to listen to MF M1HPA, Canoe Audio TP10 and P-200. I heard that elder brother of P-200 (P-1) is one of the best choice for HD800. So I hope that P-200 can show something great with HD800.
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post

Thank you for answers. I have Lyr now and I'm planning to sell it. That is a really good amps which I have listened for a 5 months. But does not give bigger enough soundstage. And it's transparency is not very good. All in all it can not realize all the HD800's potential. I'm planning to listen to MF M1HPA, Canoe Audio TP10 and P-200. I heard that elder brother of P-200 (P-1) is one of the best choice for HD800. So I hope that P-200 can show something great with HD800.


In this case maybe you can try one of the SPL amps that will enhance transparency and clarity...but as Asr mentioned above, those amps will enhance the treble as well.

post #29 of 37

I bought P-200.rolleyes.gif It sounded so lovely with HD800! A lot like tube amp. Rather dark and very detailed with amazing soundstage! I heard both SPL amps and in comparison with Luxman they sounded cold with quite weak bass and too bright heights. P-200 is much better. I think HD800 have a good synergy with it.

post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post

I bought P-200.rolleyes.gif It sounded so lovely with HD800! A lot like tube amp. Rather dark and very detailed with amazing soundstage! I heard both SPL amps and in comparison with Luxman they sounded cold with quite weak bass and too bright heights. P-200 is much better. I think HD800 have a good synergy with it.



What tube amp the P-200 sounds like?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Luxman P-200