Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions - Page 6

post #76 of 3759
The funny thing is.... I have had many good dap including the ipod and the ipod is the worst sounding player that's out. even now. Zune sound is way superior than ipod. I hoping the x-series is on the par or better
post #77 of 3759
I thought maybe from an audio point of view it would be a decent improvement on the Touch, plus a proper EQ.
post #78 of 3759
Thanks walkingman. I'm going to call sony today to let them know
post #79 of 3759
to walkingman: What happens is you touch the search icon and then hit folder when a song is playing


Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoman View Post
Thanks walkingman. I'm going to call sony today to let them know
post #80 of 3759
I believe the song continues playing just like their other Walkmans. I do not have it with me right now (it's with my partner).
post #81 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Photoman, if you go search > folder when a song is playing, the folder list comes up but the song carries on playing. Then you can just hit the 'play' icon to go back to 'now playing'.

walkingman, you let it out of your sight so quickly??

EDIT: The browser is so awful that it deserves another mention, so here it is.

The browser is awful.
post #82 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post
Interesting set of opinions posted. Some say that this is an adequate to good player while others say it is a good to great player.

I wasn't planning on getting this (wanted another player when ipod got stolen) but I didn't know what to get. Hear about this for a while and yes, OLED screens are amazing. (The phone I got was the Samsung Impression (only phone with an OLED currently)) and the display is amazing.
Actually, Nokia has an OLED phone as well... Check out the Nokia N85, it's been out since last year.
post #83 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
walkingman, you let it out of your sight so quickly??
Only way to convince her to let me keep it!
post #84 of 3759
Sony X-Series Walkman does noise reduction with earbuds | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Quote:
There's not a lot in it. The X1000 sounds marginally better, and has a slightly fuller bass; but it didn't go quite as loud, and (up to a point) louder sounds better. If you already own an NWZ-S639F, it's not worth upgrading.
I can share his point. If you do not need 32GB, OLED and WiFi, then the S639/S739 is pretty much perfect. Not sure what he means by it didn't go quite as loud. The X-series is very loud, much louder than my S739... And his "louder sounds better" statement is just, well, plain crazy.
post #85 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingman View Post
Sony X-Series Walkman does noise reduction with earbuds | Technology | guardian.co.uk

I can share his point. If you do not need 32GB, OLED and WiFi, then the S639/S739 is pretty much perfect. Not sure what he means by it didn't go quite as loud. The X-series is very loud, much louder than my S739... And his "louder sounds better" statement is just, well, plain crazy.
The X1000 is definitely louder than my previous Sony daps!!!!!! I can go 2 notches down for the same volume.

Mors - about the sq. I'm beginning to think it sounds like a 'smoother' Touch 2G, but with bigger bass and a usable EQ. I like the Touch, but occasionally it sounds a little brittle to me. The Sony is smooth all the way.

EDIT: I just read the Guardian review again, and he compared it with the 818 (which is the drag and drop version of my 808). I agree with him that it sounds marginally better with a fuller bass, but then I didn't expect it to sound hugely better unless the 808/818 sounded like poop, which it doesn't.
post #86 of 3759
Grr...

Soozieq... I don't know whether to smile, or scowl at you...

I was looking through Amazon.co.uk at random electronic goodies, did a head-fi search on one, and saw this thread...

Definitely against my better judgement (I have so many MP3 players its not even funny!!) - I have just placed an order at johnlewis.com... Due for delivery tomorrow...

Damn Head-Fi for my permanently empty wallet!!
post #87 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Grr...

Soozieq... I don't know whether to smile, or scowl at you...

I was looking through Amazon.co.uk at random electronic goodies, did a head-fi search on one, and saw this thread...

Definitely against my better judgement (I have so many MP3 players its not even funny!!) - I have just placed an order at johnlewis.com... Due for delivery tomorrow...

Damn Head-Fi for my permanently empty wallet!!
Duncan, it's £40 cheaper at Amazon! Anyway, as soon as you get it and you've played around with it a bit, please post your views. You already have the 818 if I remember, so I'd be curious to know how you think it matches up against it.

Oh, and I also search random electronic goodies at Amazon
post #88 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Duncan, it's £40 cheaper at Amazon! Anyway, as soon as you get it and you've played around with it a bit, please post your views. You already have the 818 if I remember, so I'd be curious to know how you think it matches up against it.

Oh, and I also search random electronic goodies at Amazon
soozieq...

Yup, I've been eyeing up Amazon for a while, but - the chance to get this two weeks early is too good to pass up - even with the additional cost (and Saturday delivery charge... )

I do indeed have the A818, haven't used it for a while though (I hope the USB cables are the same, as I cannot say for definite where the A818 cable is!!)

I will be sure to post impressions (sounds like this could be a very good match for my current FOTM earphones hehehe)
post #89 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
soozieq...

Yup, I've been eyeing up Amazon for a while, but - the chance to get this two weeks early is too good to pass up - even with the additional cost (and Saturday delivery charge... )

I do indeed have the A818, haven't used it for a while though (I hope the USB cables are the same, as I cannot say for definite where the A818 cable is!!)

I will be sure to post impressions (sounds like this could be a very good match for my current FOTM earphones hehehe)
The cable is the same as the other series, don't worry. And Amazon are supposed to be getting it in stock on Tuesday, but they decided not to change the release date... just in case!

But I understand your impatience. Saturday delivery is a rip off, but hey, we don't care so long as we can get it early
post #90 of 3759
deary, i woke this morning and i think i posted on the 2nd page and now it is 6 pages. are you so much a hyper soozie?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions