Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions - Page 3

post #31 of 3759
Warm?....

Hmm. Anyway, wait till Soozieq's UM3X arrives
post #32 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilney View Post
Warm?....

Hmm. Anyway, wait till Soozieq's UM3X arrives
They arrived yesterday, but I'm not using them with the X1000. I'm using the W3 because I'm familiar with the sound of them. I don't want to try out new phones and dap at the same time, I won't know what I'm hearing

walkingman - did you find the music transfer really slow?
post #33 of 3759
Thanks.

I'm interested in:

1st: clarity
2nd: soundstage
3rd: the high.

It would be great if you give the impression in that order

Man, just when I need to replace my laptop
post #34 of 3759
What?... yeah, this one goes up to 'ELEVEN'...no,... but it goes up to... ELEVEN.

ROTFLMAO!!!
post #35 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
They arrived yesterday, but I'm not using them with the X1000. I'm using the W3 because I'm familiar with the sound of them. I don't want to try out new phones and dap at the same time, I won't know what I'm hearing

walkingman - did you find the music transfer really slow?
A bit slow, but not much different from the S630/730 via MediaMonkey.

Web browser is slow though, and is one feature I am going to ignore until it has the 'text' only option for the browser (like other Netfront browsers). The lack of stylus irritates me further. My advice to people buying for the browser: don't expect much and only surf on mobile phone optimised sites only.
post #36 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingman View Post
A bit slow, but not much different from the S630/730 via MediaMonkey.

Web browser is slow though, and is one feature I am going to ignore until it has the 'text' only option for the browser (like other Netfront browsers). The lack of style makes irritates me further. My advice to people buying for the browser: don't expect much and only surf on mobile phone optimised sites only.
I thought it was as slow as SonicStage! And where's the 'now playing' option gone???
post #37 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingman View Post
A bit slow, but not much different from the S630/730 via MediaMonkey.

Web browser is slow though, and is one feature I am going to ignore until it has the 'text' only option for the browser (like other Netfront browsers). The lack of style makes irritates me further. My advice to people buying for the browser: don't expect much and only surf on mobile phone optimised sites only.

Sounds like PSP browser.
post #38 of 3759
Congratulations!
Looks quite nice indeed...
post #39 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
I thought it was as slow as SonicStage! And where's the 'now playing' option gone???
The nifty 'now playing' shortcut seems to have been cut off from this model. Makes sense as there is no longer any 'option' key. One of the downside of having touchscreen I guess...

Update. I transfered some more music, about 30 albums worth and it is slow. Quite possibly slower than the S739, but nothing that will cause me to go mental... It helps that I had to charge the thing.
post #40 of 3759
pretty impresive ... makes me think of buying it more, it's so small and cute
i like that it's smaller than S9 or the touch, either way it's sq from what i've heard it's stellar
@walkingman what can you tell me about the noise cancelling function?
p.s. congrats
post #41 of 3759

revie by stuff magazine dosnt like the sound quality!

This player is marketed as the best sounding mp3 player (all things being equal - bitrate etc ) But Stuff's review suggest that other players sound better. looks like Sony hav e made another dud. So the rlevant specs look like this
1. adequate sound quality (not great)
2. Can'rt use the noise cancelling feature with other headphones (only the ones they provide)
3. Poor web browser

Heres the review
Sony Walkman X Series NWZ-X1050 review - MP3 player reviews and video – Stuff.tv

Sound like my ancient rio karma kicks this things butt
post #42 of 3759
Rather brief review. Interesting that he said other players have sounded better, but he didn't mention any of the ones he was referring to.
post #43 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroarex View Post
pretty impresive ... makes me think of buying it more, it's so small and cute
i like that it's smaller than S9 or the touch, either way it's sq from what i've heard it's stellar
@walkingman what can you tell me about the noise cancelling function?
p.s. congrats
Noise cancelling seems to work well, about on par with the S739. They do muffle the sound a little bit, but not a lot. It isn't something I will use at all, as I prefer passive isolation to ANC. Sorry I can't be helpful here as I have always tried to avoid ANC and have no real benchmark to measure with...
post #44 of 3759
check out the associated video review -

Gadget reviews and video reviews, technology news – Stuff.tv

i have to say the screen does look great - but i personally wouldnt watch thing on an mp3 player (just my preference - i realise other people like or even prefer watching movies this way)
post #45 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
Rather brief review. Interesting that he said other players have sounded better, but he didn't mention any of the ones he was referring to.
My thoughts exactly, not even a hint or indication as to what earphones were used. Having said that I sure hope it's an upgrade to the s739 that I currently have.

I know its only a few folks that has received this toy so take your time in responding. Anyone care to comment on the slacker app?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions