Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions - Page 9

post #121 of 3759
Wow, that finish looks really, really cool.... Very nice shot, thanks.
post #122 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Ha ha, that was silly billy Ihatepopupads who decided to name the browser 'Shirley'... as in, Shirley the browser


It can't compete the with Touch WiFi, it just can't. It's almost an embarrassment that it was ever touted as a Touch killer with regards to the browsing facility. Apple must be laughing their fruity heads off.

tstarn06 - I didn't know you'd even thought about getting the X1000. I thought you were happy enough with the Touch?
How could I not be interested, with all this hubbub? I never bothered to check the prices, though, and you are right, not really interested now. I would upgrade to a new high-capacity DAP, especially if it could handle the Web like the Touch. I will be interested in the 64GB Touch down the road.
post #123 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
Wow, that finish looks really, really cool.... Very nice shot, thanks.
Thanks. Here are some more close ups:









post #124 of 3759
@ Soozieq and Walkingman Thanks for your earlier responses I feel so happy am no longer a Peeping Tom!!!. My ability to respond is handicapped as of now. Still trying to get to grips with replying.

I'm very appreciative of the much calmer manner in which the impressions are given as opposed to the ever so over zealous ones!

I have a feeling that perhaps this player may not have that WOW effect due to the very high anticipation but will certainly reedem itself. If I recall correctly, not many folks were impressed with the Sansa Fuze's SQ out of the box, but over time certainly came to appreciate it so much to the point of it becoming one of the more recommended players on this forum.

Could it be that this digital S amp needs time to settle and show its true strengths?Perhaps and perhaps not

Am pretty happy with what I've heard so far. I'll still keep my touch for apps, podcasts, audio books and free itunes music

Until then I'll wait until this things shows up in Taipei to get one.
Once again guys Thanks for your Impressions
post #125 of 3759
I'm a little confused about the digital amp.

1. Do other DAPs not have disgital amps (i assumed they did)?
2. Does it matter becuse it dosnt have a digital out - so you are still going to analogue headphone cables?
3. is it a matter of the of ratio of digital:analogoe? I would assume a larger ratio with the C series then DAPs without a digital amp?
4. Do digital amps imrove sound quality - i assume most people with DAPs that use extenral amps do not care about a digital signal?
5. Cake or tea?
post #126 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingman View Post
I think there is a bookmark function. Well I am certain there is at least a history. The keypad isn't the best touchscreen keypad and the lack of feedback (vibrate) makes matter worse. Nokia's T9 keypad on the 5800 is much better.

The good nokia browser N and E series is amazing. Opera is a pretty good browser too. But gosh the netfront even the basic one on the sony X has to have bookmarks or history??? It has to!
post #127 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Ha ha, that was silly billy Ihatepopupads who decided to name the browser 'Shirley'... as in, Shirley the browser


It can't compete the with Touch WiFi, it just can't. It's almost an embarrassment that it was ever touted as a Touch killer with regards to the browsing facility. Apple must be laughing their fruity heads off.

tstarn06 - I didn't know you'd even thought about getting the X1000. I thought you were happy enough with the Touch?
I was 'trying' to be funny, and yes I just watched "airplane" again recently
post #128 of 3759
Man the thing looks like a tank! When I get mine I'm throwing against the wall as hard as I can, as a stress test. And if it breaks I'll buy another- if it doesn't I'll know it can survive a mild drop from my clutsy self Genius!!
post #129 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads View Post
Man the thing looks like a tank! When I get mine I'm throwing against the wall as hard as I can, as a stress test. And if it breaks I'll buy another- if it doesn't I'll know it can survive a mild drop from my clutsy self Genius!!
And it'll be the premier DAP we carry in our portable audio store, right??
post #130 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads View Post
I was 'trying' to be funny, and
yes I just watched "airplane" again recently
YouTube - Airplane! - "Oh stewardess, I speak jive" -
post #131 of 3759
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEYBOY View Post
I have a feeling that perhaps this player may
not have that WOW effect due to the very high anticipation
but will certainly reedem itself.
That's a very good point. There's been so much build up over the X (with the long delays adding to the anticipation), that I don't think it was possible to live up to the expectations. What was it supposed to sound like? How could it sound twice as good or three times as good as other Sony daps, unless they all sounded bad to begin with? It's the same with earphones, once you get to a certain level of sound quality, it becomes about subtle differences that may or may not be worth upgrading for, depending on how much you want to pay for a small improvement.

Quote:
Could it be that this digital S amp needs time to settle and show its true strengths? Perhaps and perhaps not
Funny, but someone posted on Sony Insider that they'd had theirs for a week, and that it sounded much better after burn in. But he didn't go into any detail at all, so I don't know what changed. Maybe it became more digital sounding?? To be honest, I wouldn't mind a little less warmth, but that's just my own preference. I think bright-sounding phones will pair very nicely with it though.
post #132 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
And it'll be the premier DAP we carry in our portable audio store, right??

Yes!!
post #133 of 3759
post #134 of 3759
Congrats. Thanks for confirming some of the functions. I guess it is time for me to unpack the rest of the stuff and read the manual.
post #135 of 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingman View Post
Congrats. Thanks for confirming some of the functions. I guess it is time for me to unpack the rest of the stuff and read the manual.
That usually helps a bit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions