or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC Review: Part One of Two
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC Review: Part One of Two - Page 26

post #376 of 622
I will end up buying one probably I am sure unless reviews come back atrociously or if it is no better then the average ipod.
post #377 of 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsanman View Post
Why aren't you guys on the AMP3 posts which seems to me is a cheaper version of the Hi Fi man but it is there and I have it and its wonderful for $150!!
Link, please. Need to compare specs.
post #378 of 622
one is coming my way in the next few weeks....its either this or the hi-fiman...time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post
Link, please. Need to compare specs.
post #379 of 622
Any word on a high quality and funcional case to protect this investment?
post #380 of 622
not from head-direct but from the dimensions I have seen headroom makes a really nice case to throw it in unless your talking about a silicon or physical case which is probably not needed considering the think is made from steel/aluminum
post #381 of 622
which case are you referring to?
post #382 of 622
I am very excited about the forthcoming reviews of this audio device. The HiFiMan and the JH-13 Pro IEM should make a killer combo.
post #383 of 622
I read somewhere that this can support up to 128GB of SDHCs (4 32GB SDHCs)?
post #384 of 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post
I read somewhere that this can support up to 128GB of SDHCs (4 32GB SDHCs)?
This case has been discussed before and there will be no 128GB SDHC cards in the future.
post #385 of 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLeo View Post
This case has been discussed before and there will be no 128GB SDHC cards in the future.
I read it at Mobilewhack, HiFiMAN Launching HM-801 PMP in June - Specs, reviews and prices.

Old news, I guess.
post #386 of 622
So, is the HM-801 out yet - AUGUST as of this post??

And this is probably - no, DEFINITELY a moron question, BUT... the HM-801's battery IS rechargeable, correct?
post #387 of 622
its still on pre-order, at least it was last night when i ordered, hence its 'introductory' price.

i think there have been delays due to implementing a higher spec on the dac

yes, its rechargeable battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofw03 View Post
So, is the HM-801 out yet - AUGUST as of this post??

And this is probably - no, DEFINITELY a moron question, BUT... the HM-801's battery IS rechargeable, correct?
post #388 of 622
which model should I get for a sa5000? I'm pretty sure it's 75 ohms, so would the low gain model be the correct choice? will I be able to order both amps and have the ability to swap them?
also, can someone give me the email or url to preorder one. sorry for the newb questions.
post #389 of 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal View Post
which model should I get for a sa5000? I'm pretty sure it's 75 ohms, so would the low gain model be the correct choice? will I be able to order both amps and have the ability to swap them?
also, can someone give me the email or url to preorder one. sorry for the newb questions.
Head-Direct.com | YUIN
post #390 of 622

2nd part of review ?

Can we still expect a second part of this review ? I understand other stuff was happening in Jude's life and sympathise but this has been one hell of a delay. Is anyone else able to review it ? I would like to purchase at the discount price but would like some idea on what it sounds like.

I apologize if I seem insensitive and yes I realize he isn't getting paid for this review but couldn't even the manufacturer expect a better deal than this. I am sure he provided the product with the intention of a review generating posative demand.

Regards

macrog
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC Review: Part One of Two