- 85 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Bose Triport question, seriously. Last post on 8/10/10 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most overrated and most underrated headphones Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone suggestion-Prefferably Bose vs Shure Last post on 1/25/11 at 1:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- In need of bright sounding headphones Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR-2 DAP Review And Impressions - Expatinjapan Head Pie Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2...
Bose Triportspost #1 of 135/11/09 at 6:48pmThread StarterDon't worry, I'm not considering buying a pair. I was just wondering why they are called triports--where does this come from?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 135/11/09 at 6:59pmpost #3 of 135/11/09 at 7:21pmThere are three drivers? - I only always thought they were just ports for bass. There are two minute holes and a larger port at the lower end.
If they actually have three drivers in each, and STILL sound the way they do - frankly, I'm impressed with Bose :Ppost #4 of 135/11/09 at 7:31pmpost #5 of 135/11/09 at 7:32pmpost #6 of 135/11/09 at 8:03pmpost #7 of 135/11/09 at 9:40pmAm I missing something, or is it considered cool on these forums to talk against Bose? I'm not being sarcastic here ... *Cough Cough*
Branding and Anti-branding is "cool" for some, I guess...
Lacoste, Sony, Callaway, iPods, Rolex, BMW, superficial bling for the masses, but quality products for the initiated.
And Triport, it's just a name, after all. Sony "X"tra "B"ass, Sennheiser "H"igh "D"efinition headphones, I guess. "Monster" Cables. They're sturdy, at least.
This forum is full of marketing, get over it. I wouldn't be here without it. Some of you wouldn't be here either, with all your foolish anti-Bose propaganda.
In such a subjective hobby, it's easy to get brainwashed by worthless arguments. Gratuitous affirmations are a plague. I'm not offended, and don't take this post too seriously.
I keep on reading more and more BS everyday on these forums, some relatively inoffensive, some very offensive. Bose bashing rate pretty low on the list, but appears too often.
Bose International paid me 100$ to post this and associate their name with Sony, iPods, Rolex and BMW.
AAAAArrrrrGh! Those evil businesses... you should all unite against them so you can take them down! *Cough Cough*post #8 of 135/12/09 at 12:02ampost #9 of 135/12/09 at 12:08amGod, that is almost totally impossible to read, Rodger. The eye is attracted to white space, and when one places blanks between every single text line, you end up with something that is an incredible hassle to read because you have to fight against your own eyes.post #10 of 139/10/10 at 12:13ampost #11 of 139/10/10 at 12:40ampost #12 of 139/10/10 at 1:30am
Hmm... then the bashing is justified. Bose Triport OE is an overpriced, overhyped piece of can. By the way, is your alias translated to "YourMotherIsAWhore"? (no pun intended) Kabayan!
- Bose Triports
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3173 Active Users (555 Members and 2618 Guests)
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 13 seconds ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 58 seconds ago
- › Hey guys - how can I connect a headphone amp to my audio interface? 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Philips Fidelio X1 (Excellent Condition, Stock and... 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2+ by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...