- 85 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Bose Triport question, seriously. Last post on 8/10/10 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most overrated and most underrated headphones Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone suggestion-Prefferably Bose vs Shure Last post on 1/25/11 at 1:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- In need of bright sounding headphones Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Bose Triportspost #1 of 135/11/09 at 6:48pmThread StarterDon't worry, I'm not considering buying a pair. I was just wondering why they are called triports--where does this come from?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 135/11/09 at 6:59pmpost #3 of 135/11/09 at 7:21pmThere are three drivers? - I only always thought they were just ports for bass. There are two minute holes and a larger port at the lower end.
If they actually have three drivers in each, and STILL sound the way they do - frankly, I'm impressed with Bose :Ppost #4 of 135/11/09 at 7:31pmpost #5 of 135/11/09 at 7:32pmpost #6 of 135/11/09 at 8:03pmpost #7 of 135/11/09 at 9:40pmAm I missing something, or is it considered cool on these forums to talk against Bose? I'm not being sarcastic here ... *Cough Cough*
Branding and Anti-branding is "cool" for some, I guess...
Lacoste, Sony, Callaway, iPods, Rolex, BMW, superficial bling for the masses, but quality products for the initiated.
And Triport, it's just a name, after all. Sony "X"tra "B"ass, Sennheiser "H"igh "D"efinition headphones, I guess. "Monster" Cables. They're sturdy, at least.
This forum is full of marketing, get over it. I wouldn't be here without it. Some of you wouldn't be here either, with all your foolish anti-Bose propaganda.
In such a subjective hobby, it's easy to get brainwashed by worthless arguments. Gratuitous affirmations are a plague. I'm not offended, and don't take this post too seriously.
I keep on reading more and more BS everyday on these forums, some relatively inoffensive, some very offensive. Bose bashing rate pretty low on the list, but appears too often.
Bose International paid me 100$ to post this and associate their name with Sony, iPods, Rolex and BMW.
AAAAArrrrrGh! Those evil businesses... you should all unite against them so you can take them down! *Cough Cough*post #8 of 135/12/09 at 12:02ampost #9 of 135/12/09 at 12:08amGod, that is almost totally impossible to read, Rodger. The eye is attracted to white space, and when one places blanks between every single text line, you end up with something that is an incredible hassle to read because you have to fight against your own eyes.post #10 of 139/10/10 at 12:13ampost #11 of 139/10/10 at 12:40ampost #12 of 139/10/10 at 1:30am
Hmm... then the bashing is justified. Bose Triport OE is an overpriced, overhyped piece of can. By the way, is your alias translated to "YourMotherIsAWhore"? (no pun intended) Kabayan!
- Bose Triports
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2783 Active Users (576 Members and 2207 Guests)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread just now
- › Schiit we'd like to see 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Burson USB Cables 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › Westerville Fall meet. 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 10 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)