Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Denon AH-C710, AH-C360 and AH-NC600 ANC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-C710, AH-C360 and AH-NC600 ANC - Page 6

post #76 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCanhead View Post
How are these (at least initially) at bringing you into the music (along with the music, itself)? It seems that there is at least one area that makes a headphone (IEM) engaging: SE530 midrange, PFE treble/sparkle, etc.

Do these seem to have that ability (at least with some recordings)? Its nice connecting with those songs that hit you with goosebumps/make your toes tap...
I think the C710 has great clarity and detail. The bass is powerful and deep, yet controlled. There is a lot of treble energy.

When I have been listening to these (I have been listening even though I am burning them in), going from the IE8 to the C710 I don't like the C710's presentation, as it sounds hollow and bright. But after I adjust to the sound sig it does sound very good for $100, better than the $125 PFE IMO and better than the Turbines even though the sound sig is much different.

However, going from theC710 to the IE8 I don't feel the same way I do switching the other way. And tonight the soundstage width is similar, but the IE8 is winning out. The C710 sounds about 3-5 rows behind the IE8 in the concert hall. I am using a different source though, the AMP3 as a DAP vs. the Fuze ->LOD -> AMP3.

Must....stop.....commenting.....on.....the.....C71 0......until.......burned........in
post #77 of 106
LA LA LA LA LA LA, i am not listening to you poeple, i am not listeing
post #78 of 106
LOL
post #79 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
LA LA LA LA LA LA, i am not listening to you poeple, i am not listeing
It's free to listen to us! It's the earphones that are the problem .
post #80 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
LA LA LA LA LA LA, i am not listening to you poeple, i am not listeing
Mark2410 I am pretty sure you gonna get them and do a wonderful review about them
post #81 of 106
C710's ordered. I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare to the Victor FX500's. If they're anything like the C700's, I'm expecting the Sony EX and Hybrid tips to be the best match for them.
post #82 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior05 View Post
You, dear soozieq, are an earphone-aholic!
Hey! I went to my local support group just last week, Earphoneaholics Anonymous... and I came away with a great deal for the HD25's - so support groups really do work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
C710's ordered. I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare to the Victor FX500's. If they're anything like the C700's, I'm expecting the Sony EX and Hybrid tips to be the best match for them.
Well, now it really IS like a school reunion. Can't wait to hear what you think of them. If the mids are smoother and more upfront, I think they'll be great. I've never forgotten that Denon bass, and I never had any issues with the treble... so fingers crossed


Mark!!! Am I your personal reviewer or something?? Oh wait, yes.... I am
post #83 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEYBOY View Post
Mark2410 I am pretty sure you gonna get them and do a wonderful review about them
well these are probably at the top of my interested in list but the fact that im moving house in a couple of months mean i really really really have to stop spending money however if say denon (or a dear and gracious friend whos boundless kindness and generosity know no limit ) let me borrow a set i may do

denon please if your reading this get in touch

soozieq, you know im sat waiting for your review, ordered the other should be with you on monday tuesday at the latest. 100 hours burn in so next saturday morning then we should expecting your review
post #84 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post


Well, now it really IS like a school reunion. Can't wait to hear what you think of them. If the mids are smoother and more upfront, I think they'll be great. I've never forgotten that Denon bass, and I never had any issues with the treble... so fingers crossed
It sure is. Funny how we keep finding our way back around to the same gear! It'll be interesting to see if we hear things the same way with these. I too hope the mids are better than with the C700's. If they just improve upon that, they'll be a success. But, I am spoiled by the bass of the FX500's... in some back to back with the C700's, they really have noticeably deeper yet more controlled extension. Hopefully the C710's will be more akin to the FX500's in that regard. I always liked the treble of the C700's. It was massively detailed, yet not harsh, unlike with the C551's.
post #85 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
It sure is. Funny how we keep finding our way back around to the same gear! It'll be interesting to see if we hear things the same way with these. I too hope the mids are better than with the C700's. If they just improve upon that, they'll be a success. But, I am spoiled by the bass of the FX500's... in some back to back with the C700's, they really have noticeably deeper yet more controlled extension. Hopefully the C710's will be more akin to the FX500's in that regard. I always liked the treble of the C700's. It was massively detailed, yet not harsh, unlike with the C551's.
Yep. We keep ending up with the same gear at some point or another

The C551 treble was painful in comparison with the C700, so I hope the C710 treble is similar to the C700. As for the bass, I really don't think you're going to get anything like the FX500 bass, that's in a wooden world of its own

I'm hoping mine will get here Tuesday.
post #86 of 106
soozieq and cn11 you guys are like the denon canal phone gurus haha so I am sure waiting to hear what you guys think of em. I recall that the first thing that made me realize that the c710 might be different from the c700 is that the bass was deeper and perhaps greater in quantity with a sense of reverb quite like the FX500. I hope am right haha. The FX500 had an overall smoother presentation IIRC.
post #87 of 106
Still burning in, but these things do have their strengths. Actually have a similar sound sig to the ADDIEM, but if you are paying full price for the ADDIEM, you should have got these!

I am interested in hearing how these compare with the FX500 also. Too bad I don't fall in the "there is no such thing as burn in" camp so I could get on with it already
post #88 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
soozieq, you know im sat waiting for your review, ordered the other should be with you on monday tuesday at the latest.
100 hours burn in so next saturday morning then we should expecting your review
Um... not 100 hours I don't think! I don't believe in long burn-in times for me. But I know the Denons do change, because when I bought the C751's, they sounded pretty damn harsh next to my C700's. The difference was really noticeable. So I left the C751's hooked up for about 20 hours... and the sound had smoothed out quite a bit. Until then, I hadn't believed in burn in at all... but side by side with no C751 burn in, it was really clear that they did benefit. Having said that, I've only noticed it with the C700s and IE8, and certainly not over hundreds of hours.



HONEYBOY-
I'm really looking forward to hearing them after reading your comments, especially as you've been able to compare them with the C700s. I hope I get mine before Chris or I shall be having some major tantrums...
post #89 of 106
well i didint believe in burn till the (C751) denons, when i first got them i so was not happy with them, the highs were just ear rapingly savage, so hard and bright, bass just all punch, it felt like it was constantly punching me in the side of the head.

really couldnt fathom for ages what people were liking about them but at time went by they really improved a ton

tbh i wouldnt object to you hating them though, then it would mean i dont want ot buy them so much, lol if they come out as being better than the C751 then i know i will have to sooner or later

so really, feel free to pan them
post #90 of 106
Haven't had any other Denon IEM before t his one, but damn, they sound gooooood from my sound card, very balanced yet great dynamics and bass impact. The sound has come forward and the treble is a little smoother and the mids are fantastic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Denon AH-C710, AH-C360 and AH-NC600 ANC