Does anybody know how can it be installed on the Linux? Ubuntu.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hmm, what USB DAC for about $150? Last post on 8/2/10 at 12:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Casea Aquila USB audio Interface Last post on 3/18/13 at 2:36pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Why are USB S/PDIF interfaces so expensive? Last post on 8/22/12 at 4:24pm in Computer Audio
- Passive Volume Control w/ USB DAC Last post on 7/22/12 at 12:59pm in Computer Audio
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp Last post on 2/2/17 at 12:18pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF - Page 59
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #872 of 9053/17/11 at 4:40am
Which is the problem updating firmwre with win7 64b? I made the process without any errors and it dissapears the warning license message. But the audio sounds strange, with noise and like stutering.
Im going to try to update with the laptop win xp 32b...post #873 of 9053/18/11 at 1:16ampost #874 of 9058/18/11 at 3:49am
I updated to the new driver from musiland - 18.104.22.168 and it shows license invalid and doesnt play any sound. So I back to 22.214.171.124 and for now when I have ASIO output in foobar I have a lot of noice and distortion. Before this update all was perfect. Any ideas?
PS. I tried to reinstall and reboot my pc a few times.. no success.post #875 of 9058/18/11 at 4:29amQuote:Originally Posted by AntuanMark
I updated to the new driver from musiland - 126.96.36.199 and it shows license invalid and doesnt play any sound. So I back to 188.8.131.52 an d for now when I have ASIO output in foobar I have a lot of noice and distortion. Before this update all was perfect. Any ideas?
PS. I tried to reinstall and reboot my pc a few times.. no success.
Did you use the July 27th ( MlCyMon_184.108.40.206_build20110727.exe) or the August 12th one (MlCyMon_220.127.116.11_build20110809.exe)?
I also had the same problem with the August one but July's work fine.post #876 of 9058/31/11 at 11:56pmpost #877 of 9059/11/11 at 9:33am
We don't really talk about this converter anymore do we? It's actually surprisingly decent and despite the Chinese origin, Musiland actually puts a focus on its USB driver development and the latest driver 18.104.22.168 seems to improve the sound a fair bit.
Here is an awesome blog that has a comprehensive information repository regarding the Musiland converter series including some technical notes.post #878 of 9059/21/11 at 1:38am
Hey Guys! I have received my Musilan 01 yesterday, but I can't get any "noise" out of it. I don't know what else should I do. I downloaded the beta version of the driver, since the cd came with didn't work, but still no success to listen any music. I have the Cambridge Audio 840 cd player connected to my vista laptop by Musiland 01, but still nothing. Are there anybody who has the same or similar configuration and went trough this problem and could help me out? We could connect by Team viewer 4 to get some real help, since I'm not too good with this computer music stuff...........:-) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!post #879 of 9059/21/11 at 8:39ampost #880 of 9059/25/11 at 3:50ampost #881 of 90510/22/11 at 11:09am
Just got one of these guys today and must say it works a treat! I'm using it via toslink with optical cable out.
Pros: (using both my budget dacs, Vdac and Super pro 707) More authoritative performance all round. Clearer yet smoother. Tighter bass. More detail and air between instruments. Less hardness at the top with brass for e.g. Can now use 24 bits as opposed to 16 bit via USB dac input.
Ofcourse all of these are subtle differences but they do mount up to a significant whole.
Cons: the only minor thing that I encountered was when using my Netbook which is not very powerful. When I'm using the computer at the same time as listening to music I'm getting some jitter. This goes when I'm only listening to music and I've disabled the wireless connection. Must be said however that my Netbook is about 4 year old and it overheats at the very mention of 24 bits!
Easy enough to set up but you have to manually set the sample rate to 24/96 as it automatically sets at 24/48. 24/192 does not work with both my computers...
For those having probs with Asio, unless you are using it for recording purposes where latency will be an obvious problem, then you don't really need it if you are using a Spdif link such as this. (I've had nothing but problems with it too)
Its nice to be able to get the very best out of my dacs now, as before and with most USB dacs you will always get an inferior performance compared to a spdif signal direct to the dac.
Not bad for £50. A highly recommended upgrade!post #882 of 90512/13/11 at 4:22pmpost #883 of 90512/13/11 at 6:29pm
First I used the driver on the CD, which worked perfectly, however it's very basic, I want to try the MU-DSP and like the look of the black interface.
So I downloaded MlXCMon_22.214.171.124_build20111109.exe, which was for PCI, ok, deleted.
Next, I tried M1CyMon_126.96.36.199_build20111109, (black UI) no sound.
Then I tried M1CyMon_188.8.131.52_build20111026, (white UI) the MU-DSP didn't work, and I couldn't hear the differences in upsampling anymore.
Downloading this one now, Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......
MlCyMon_184.108.40.206_build20110727.exe 27-Jul-2011 12:59 17M
Edited by kiteki - 12/13/11 at 7:55pmpost #884 of 90512/13/11 at 9:20pm
The 0727 driver looks really good and works well:
However I can't get MU-DSP or the upsampling to work.
OK Now I downloaded the MlCyMon_220.127.116.11_build20110701 driver, which looks like this:
Now the MU-BASS is working (when you click on the panel, it activates and becomes green), however I still find it quite difficult to hear the upsampling.
For reference I'm using various FLAC, and a violin clip on youtube, where in the most basic driver I felt it was quite easy to differentiate 44.1kHz and 192kHz resampling yesterday.
When selecting "Precision" mode.
It takes a few seconds to change to precision mode, and then there is no sound, it doesn't work. It worked in driver 0727 - it may have been illusory, too close to call, however it felt like precision mode sounded ever so slightly more refined, when it was working in driver 0727.
Ftr, MU-BASS and upsampling has zero effect when running in ASIO.
I went around the loop!
I'm now back to the driver that came with the CD, Version 18.104.22.168
After spending all day downloading different drivers (approx 45 minute download per driver), this is the only one were I feel upsampling is actually working.
After listening to the same violin track on all of them, I know this is the only one where something is happening.
MU-BASS / MU-DSP is only a novelty anyway.
Really loved the look of driver 0727 however.
Edited by kiteki - 12/14/11 at 3:06am
- Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Best In-Ear Monitor for Jazz in the $300 range? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Next 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear