Does anybody know how can it be installed on the Linux? Ubuntu.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hmm, what USB DAC for about $150? Last post on 8/2/10 at 12:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Casea Aquila USB audio Interface Last post on 3/18/13 at 2:36pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Why are USB S/PDIF interfaces so expensive? Last post on 8/22/12 at 4:24pm in Computer Audio
- Passive Volume Control w/ USB DAC Last post on 7/22/12 at 12:59pm in Computer Audio
- AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp Last post on 12/22/16 at 7:02am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF - Page 59
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #872 of 9053/17/11 at 4:40am
Which is the problem updating firmwre with win7 64b? I made the process without any errors and it dissapears the warning license message. But the audio sounds strange, with noise and like stutering.
Im going to try to update with the laptop win xp 32b...post #873 of 9053/18/11 at 1:16ampost #874 of 9058/18/11 at 3:49am
I updated to the new driver from musiland - 220.127.116.11 and it shows license invalid and doesnt play any sound. So I back to 18.104.22.168 and for now when I have ASIO output in foobar I have a lot of noice and distortion. Before this update all was perfect. Any ideas?
PS. I tried to reinstall and reboot my pc a few times.. no success.post #875 of 9058/18/11 at 4:29amQuote:Originally Posted by AntuanMark
I updated to the new driver from musiland - 22.214.171.124 and it shows license invalid and doesnt play any sound. So I back to 126.96.36.199 an d for now when I have ASIO output in foobar I have a lot of noice and distortion. Before this update all was perfect. Any ideas?
PS. I tried to reinstall and reboot my pc a few times.. no success.
Did you use the July 27th ( MlCyMon_188.8.131.52_build20110727.exe) or the August 12th one (MlCyMon_184.108.40.206_build20110809.exe)?
I also had the same problem with the August one but July's work fine.post #876 of 9058/31/11 at 11:56pmpost #877 of 9059/11/11 at 9:33am
We don't really talk about this converter anymore do we? It's actually surprisingly decent and despite the Chinese origin, Musiland actually puts a focus on its USB driver development and the latest driver 220.127.116.11 seems to improve the sound a fair bit.
Here is an awesome blog that has a comprehensive information repository regarding the Musiland converter series including some technical notes.post #878 of 9059/21/11 at 1:38am
Hey Guys! I have received my Musilan 01 yesterday, but I can't get any "noise" out of it. I don't know what else should I do. I downloaded the beta version of the driver, since the cd came with didn't work, but still no success to listen any music. I have the Cambridge Audio 840 cd player connected to my vista laptop by Musiland 01, but still nothing. Are there anybody who has the same or similar configuration and went trough this problem and could help me out? We could connect by Team viewer 4 to get some real help, since I'm not too good with this computer music stuff...........:-) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!post #879 of 9059/21/11 at 8:39ampost #880 of 9059/25/11 at 3:50ampost #881 of 90510/22/11 at 11:09am
Just got one of these guys today and must say it works a treat! I'm using it via toslink with optical cable out.
Pros: (using both my budget dacs, Vdac and Super pro 707) More authoritative performance all round. Clearer yet smoother. Tighter bass. More detail and air between instruments. Less hardness at the top with brass for e.g. Can now use 24 bits as opposed to 16 bit via USB dac input.
Ofcourse all of these are subtle differences but they do mount up to a significant whole.
Cons: the only minor thing that I encountered was when using my Netbook which is not very powerful. When I'm using the computer at the same time as listening to music I'm getting some jitter. This goes when I'm only listening to music and I've disabled the wireless connection. Must be said however that my Netbook is about 4 year old and it overheats at the very mention of 24 bits!
Easy enough to set up but you have to manually set the sample rate to 24/96 as it automatically sets at 24/48. 24/192 does not work with both my computers...
For those having probs with Asio, unless you are using it for recording purposes where latency will be an obvious problem, then you don't really need it if you are using a Spdif link such as this. (I've had nothing but problems with it too)
Its nice to be able to get the very best out of my dacs now, as before and with most USB dacs you will always get an inferior performance compared to a spdif signal direct to the dac.
Not bad for £50. A highly recommended upgrade!post #882 of 90512/13/11 at 4:22pmpost #883 of 90512/13/11 at 6:29pm
First I used the driver on the CD, which worked perfectly, however it's very basic, I want to try the MU-DSP and like the look of the black interface.
So I downloaded MlXCMon_18.104.22.168_build20111109.exe, which was for PCI, ok, deleted.
Next, I tried M1CyMon_22.214.171.124_build20111109, (black UI) no sound.
Then I tried M1CyMon_126.96.36.199_build20111026, (white UI) the MU-DSP didn't work, and I couldn't hear the differences in upsampling anymore.
Downloading this one now, Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......
MlCyMon_188.8.131.52_build20110727.exe 27-Jul-2011 12:59 17M
Edited by kiteki - 12/13/11 at 7:55pmpost #884 of 90512/13/11 at 9:20pm
The 0727 driver looks really good and works well:
However I can't get MU-DSP or the upsampling to work.
OK Now I downloaded the MlCyMon_184.108.40.206_build20110701 driver, which looks like this:
Now the MU-BASS is working (when you click on the panel, it activates and becomes green), however I still find it quite difficult to hear the upsampling.
For reference I'm using various FLAC, and a violin clip on youtube, where in the most basic driver I felt it was quite easy to differentiate 44.1kHz and 192kHz resampling yesterday.
When selecting "Precision" mode.
It takes a few seconds to change to precision mode, and then there is no sound, it doesn't work. It worked in driver 0727 - it may have been illusory, too close to call, however it felt like precision mode sounded ever so slightly more refined, when it was working in driver 0727.
Ftr, MU-BASS and upsampling has zero effect when running in ASIO.
I went around the loop!
I'm now back to the driver that came with the CD, Version 220.127.116.11
After spending all day downloading different drivers (approx 45 minute download per driver), this is the only one were I feel upsampling is actually working.
After listening to the same violin track on all of them, I know this is the only one where something is happening.
MU-BASS / MU-DSP is only a novelty anyway.
Really loved the look of driver 0727 however.
Edited by kiteki - 12/14/11 at 3:06am
- Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › knife-fi? 8 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 11 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000??? 12 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear