Alternating between W3 "gold" edition and JH5 which still remain my two favorites after many years in the $300-$300 range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/2/11
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/24/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 7/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 3/1/17 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which customs Earsonics or Westone? Last post on 8/27/10 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/2/16 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Westone UM3X Thread - Page 266
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 440612/14/12 at 4:05pmpost #3978 of 440612/14/12 at 4:55pmpost #3979 of 440612/14/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
Yeah!! Agree! Am delighted rightnow! Good bass, not to much just ok! :)post #3980 of 440612/14/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Just making some littles holes in the shell ! (kind of vent) Never tried!post #3981 of 440612/14/12 at 5:39pm
Ok I see! thanks! my confusion! To many types, to many models! => Westone have just release today a new "Candy flavors" with intéresting new cable! in the UM1 leage!post #3982 of 440612/14/12 at 7:33pmpost #3983 of 440612/14/12 at 8:05pmpost #3984 of 440612/14/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
Do i need wider soundstage when not using it on stage. UM3x have some soundstage?? sorry am abit confuse!post #3985 of 440612/14/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Can you explain me howtos please?
You want me to clik on"Post a Reply" button? Ok, the one beside the "Quote button! sorry!
Edited by Skullbox - 12/14/12 at 8:31pmpost #3986 of 440612/14/12 at 8:31pm
Click the "Multi" button. On the last post that you would like to quote, click the "Quote" button. In the editor, insert your replies between the quoted posts (use the Enter key to create space between).post #3987 of 440612/14/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
The wider the soundstage, the easier it is to tell apart the instruments and notes in a song. That being said, not all music needs a wide soundstage; electronica for one thing doesn't really need a wide soundstage whereas orchestral music would benefit the most.
hope that helpspost #3988 of 440612/15/12 at 5:40am
The other sense of soundstage is "space". Two extremes would be where the music sounds directly wired to your brain or just outside your head versus sitting in a larger 40 ft x 40 ft room or 10 rows back hearing the music. While UM3X has excellent instrument separation it lacks this sense of space.
Edited by Spyro - 12/15/12 at 7:06ampost #3989 of 440612/15/12 at 6:15pm
With my Colorfly CK4+ i've got very good soundstage on a lot of tracks. My source gives me a good space. With Teclast X19, iPhone, CD player i've got not big soundstage but better feeling of space between instruments. Just feeling (like a touching), with CK4+ they are on the same level. Respect to my player:)post #3990 of 440612/19/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
your brain also needs to get used to... ;-)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 35 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN 3 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 4 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Singxer SU-1 Owners 5 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear