Alternating between W3 "gold" edition and JH5 which still remain my two favorites after many years in the $300-$300 range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/2/11
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/24/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 7/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 5/14/15 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which customs Earsonics or Westone? Last post on 8/27/10 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 Impressions Thread Last post on 4/26/15 at 3:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Posting GuidelinesLast edited: 8/18/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With optional DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC Eric Neff Headphone.Guru June 2015 CanJam at RMAF last October was bursting at the seams....
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
Westone UM3X Thread - Page 266
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 436312/14/12 at 4:05pmpost #3978 of 436312/14/12 at 4:55pmpost #3979 of 436312/14/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
Yeah!! Agree! Am delighted rightnow! Good bass, not to much just ok! :)post #3980 of 436312/14/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Just making some littles holes in the shell ! (kind of vent) Never tried!post #3981 of 436312/14/12 at 5:39pm
Ok I see! thanks! my confusion! To many types, to many models! => Westone have just release today a new "Candy flavors" with intéresting new cable! in the UM1 leage!post #3982 of 436312/14/12 at 7:33pmpost #3983 of 436312/14/12 at 8:05pmpost #3984 of 436312/14/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
Do i need wider soundstage when not using it on stage. UM3x have some soundstage?? sorry am abit confuse!post #3985 of 436312/14/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Can you explain me howtos please?
You want me to clik on"Post a Reply" button? Ok, the one beside the "Quote button! sorry!
Edited by Skullbox - 12/14/12 at 8:31pmpost #3986 of 436312/14/12 at 8:31pm
Click the "Multi" button. On the last post that you would like to quote, click the "Quote" button. In the editor, insert your replies between the quoted posts (use the Enter key to create space between).post #3987 of 436312/14/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
The wider the soundstage, the easier it is to tell apart the instruments and notes in a song. That being said, not all music needs a wide soundstage; electronica for one thing doesn't really need a wide soundstage whereas orchestral music would benefit the most.
hope that helpspost #3988 of 436312/15/12 at 5:40am
The other sense of soundstage is "space". Two extremes would be where the music sounds directly wired to your brain or just outside your head versus sitting in a larger 40 ft x 40 ft room or 10 rows back hearing the music. While UM3X has excellent instrument separation it lacks this sense of space.
Edited by Spyro - 12/15/12 at 7:06ampost #3989 of 436312/15/12 at 6:15pm
With my Colorfly CK4+ i've got very good soundstage on a lot of tracks. My source gives me a good space. With Teclast X19, iPhone, CD player i've got not big soundstage but better feeling of space between instruments. Just feeling (like a touching), with CK4+ they are on the same level. Respect to my player:)post #3990 of 436312/19/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
your brain also needs to get used to... ;-)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Posting Guidelines
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 36 seconds ago
- › NOBLE Savant Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 38 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Setup recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica IEMs: CKR7LTD, CKR9LTD, CKB50, CKB70 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info, Discussion and Tour Link 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone for gaming: AKG K612 or Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250 Ohm? 3 minutes ago
- › Need headphone recommendation - please help!! 3 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 4 minutes ago
- › Simaudio MOON Neo 430HA by longbowbbs
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2