Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread - Page 282

post #4216 of 4266

I use them a lot. Like all the time - im a student in highschool (only a few more weeks!) so im constantly taking them in and out of my little pouch for my Sansa and UM3X. 

 

When I got them previously owned there was some where and loose fitting of the outer plastic. That post was not me bashing the headphones build quality - but acknowledging how easy they are to fix and stuff.

 

Eventually ill get sick of messing with this current shell and try something new probably using the existing drivers. 

post #4217 of 4266
Today my UM3x turn 3 years old. Daily and outdoor usage and keep on rocking me everyday.


I don't trust anyone who smiles before 9 am
post #4218 of 4266
Hello to all queria to comment that after one year and ten months empezo to trumping the right earphone empezo to listening mas under until murio, probe to leave them three days in rice but was uselessly alive in Argentine and I was searching but there does not find anybody who was repairing them since they do not encourage to open Tendran I arrange? I remember that well I realized touch the cable in the part that enters to the earphone and towards since interference good ojala have arrangement thank you from already.
post #4219 of 4266

I have the RC version with removable cables. Does anybody find it difficult to remove the connectors? I've tried pulling and wiggling it out with my hands but it's simply not coming out. Is there is special technical that is involved? I'm really don't want to resort to using a pair of pliers. 

post #4220 of 4266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

I have the RC version with removable cables. Does anybody find it difficult to remove the connectors? I've tried pulling and wiggling it out with my hands but it's simply not coming out. Is there is special technical that is involved? I'm really don't want to resort to using a pair of pliers. 

yeah, the connections are very tight, and literally held in the sockets by friction. You just have to yank on the connector and wiggle it a bit, and it should come off. Don't be afraid to use a bit of force. Good luck!

post #4221 of 4266

I just think the UM3x RC don't have very good quality control, the first pair I bought had a very loose connection to the left driver, in fact it would come loose every now and then, I nearly lost it on a bus once. And after one of the drivers died suddenly, I got a new pair with super tight connections. The newest pair I had got even tighter connections, so tight that there was always a small gap in the connection no matter how much I tried to push them together. Anyway, one of the drivers died again and I'm waiting for them to send me a new pair. The new connecters of the UM Pro 30 are much much better.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobynico View Post
 

yeah, the connections are very tight, and literally held in the sockets by friction. You just have to yank on the connector and wiggle it a bit, and it should come off. Don't be afraid to use a bit of force. Good luck!

post #4222 of 4266

I never would have imagine the drivers could die so easily. How can you tell it's the drivers and not the connects or cable. I've owned my um3x rc for over 3 years and they've never had a problem. 


Edited by Fungus - 6/7/14 at 3:56am
post #4223 of 4266

You are so lucky! I had 3 faulty pairs so far, 1 pair of UM3x and 2 pairs of UM3xRC. My UM2 which I had for over 6 years are still fine. In fact, I've never had any problem with Westone products apart from the UM3x, and I've never had a dead IEM driver ever apart from the UM3x. It could have been a lose connection inside the driver, I don't know, as the technician always checked them and then gave me a new pair.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

I never would have imagine the drivers could die so easily. How can you tell it's the drivers and not the connects or cable. I've owned my um3x rc for over 3 years and they've never had a problem. 

post #4224 of 4266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post

I never would have imagine the drivers could die so easily. How can you tell it's the drivers and not the connects or cable. I've owned my um3x rc for over 3 years and they've never had a problem. 


3 years and 4 months here.

Still rockin' hard


Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.
post #4225 of 4266

um3x are the best sounding iem/ciem at any price point in my honest option and I've heard a lot including high end iem like the Ear MH335 DW & shure se535. The way it produces bass, vocals, instruments & detail is unparallel especially for a pair of universal for just $100! They just give me the wow factor ever time and never at any point do they sound fatiguing, sibilant or strident at high volumes. 

post #4226 of 4266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

um3x are the best sounding iem/ciem at any price point in my honest option and I've heard a lot including high end iem like the Ear MH335 DW & shure se535. The way it produces bass, vocals, instruments & detail is unparallel especially for a pair of universal for just $100! They just give me the wow factor ever time and never at any point do they sound fatiguing, sibilant or strident at high volumes. 

$100?  Where can you obtain a UM3X for $100?

post #4227 of 4266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingreason View Post
 

$100?  Where can you obtain a UM3X for $100?

In the Used For Sale IEM section

post #4228 of 4266

I found them in the local classifieds. 

post #4229 of 4266

I have a pair of UM3x that I keep having to fix if youve been reading my ramblings on this thread.  Ive been fixing particularly the right side the most. The nozzle separated from the driver and ive actually recreated the gasket rubber tubes that the drivers slip into and hold them into the nozzle. Then I glued them all up real good. Also the cable started to tear near the top of one of the ear pieces. But I fixed it for now.  

 

Surprisingly this has lasted several months - and the sound is great.   Some things ive noticed though about my UM3x recently:

>>Sound stage is in my head...

>>Instrument separation across the channels. Example I notice cymbals on the right more frequently and bass on the left. I dont know if its just the songs im listening too because this is not constant but I noticed it more often. 


I really have loved my UM3x and the right side driver works good but the plastic is all roughed up so it looks kinda war-torn :P but I think im starting to get the new headphone itch. I really enjoy the bass of my UM3x and I still think the clear case is the tightest thing around because I like looking at the drivers. 

 

I really feel like my taste in sound has changed the past few months. I crave less bass and tend to listen to my music flat now as opposed to my V shaped EQ. I like this this change much better. Feels more natural and I really appreciate broad soundstages.

 

TLDR: Should  I keep my UM3x, buy new UM3x, or get something new. I could probably afford to get something new and keep my um3x also. 

post #4230 of 4266

i decided to buy another pair of UM3x. help. cant stop spending money on headphones

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread