Alternating between W3 "gold" edition and JH5 which still remain my two favorites after many years in the $300-$300 range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/2/11
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/24/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 7/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which customs Earsonics or Westone? Last post on 8/27/10 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Posting GuidelinesLast edited: 12/7/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread - Page 266
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 415312/14/12 at 4:05pmpost #3978 of 415312/14/12 at 4:55pmpost #3979 of 415312/14/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
Yeah!! Agree! Am delighted rightnow! Good bass, not to much just ok! :)post #3980 of 415312/14/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Just making some littles holes in the shell ! (kind of vent) Never tried!post #3981 of 415312/14/12 at 5:39pm
Ok I see! thanks! my confusion! To many types, to many models! => Westone have just release today a new "Candy flavors" with intéresting new cable! in the UM1 leage!post #3982 of 415312/14/12 at 7:33pmpost #3983 of 415312/14/12 at 8:05pmpost #3984 of 415312/14/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
Do i need wider soundstage when not using it on stage. UM3x have some soundstage?? sorry am abit confuse!post #3985 of 415312/14/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Can you explain me howtos please?
You want me to clik on"Post a Reply" button? Ok, the one beside the "Quote button! sorry!
Edited by Skullbox - 12/14/12 at 8:31pmpost #3986 of 415312/14/12 at 8:31pm
Click the "Multi" button. On the last post that you would like to quote, click the "Quote" button. In the editor, insert your replies between the quoted posts (use the Enter key to create space between).post #3987 of 415312/14/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
The wider the soundstage, the easier it is to tell apart the instruments and notes in a song. That being said, not all music needs a wide soundstage; electronica for one thing doesn't really need a wide soundstage whereas orchestral music would benefit the most.
hope that helpspost #3988 of 415312/15/12 at 5:40am
The other sense of soundstage is "space". Two extremes would be where the music sounds directly wired to your brain or just outside your head versus sitting in a larger 40 ft x 40 ft room or 10 rows back hearing the music. While UM3X has excellent instrument separation it lacks this sense of space.
Edited by Spyro - 12/15/12 at 7:06ampost #3989 of 415312/15/12 at 6:15pm
With my Colorfly CK4+ i've got very good soundstage on a lot of tracks. My source gives me a good space. With Teclast X19, iPhone, CD player i've got not big soundstage but better feeling of space between instruments. Just feeling (like a touching), with CK4+ they are on the same level. Respect to my player:)post #3990 of 415312/19/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
your brain also needs to get used to... ;-)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Best headphones for Rock 23 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 47 seconds ago
- › Need help finding ~$200 over ear circumaural headphones for... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for $200 (Q/k701, HD598, DT-770-PRO-32, Grado SR225i?) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Open Back Vs Closed Back .. what is better for me? 1 minute ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe