Alternating between W3 "gold" edition and JH5 which still remain my two favorites after many years in the $300-$300 range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/2/11
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/24/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 7/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 11/10/14 at 12:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which customs Earsonics or Westone? Last post on 8/27/10 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 Impressions Thread Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Posting GuidelinesLast edited: 3/8/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread - Page 266
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 435112/14/12 at 4:05pmpost #3978 of 435112/14/12 at 4:55pmpost #3979 of 435112/14/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
Yeah!! Agree! Am delighted rightnow! Good bass, not to much just ok! :)post #3980 of 435112/14/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Just making some littles holes in the shell ! (kind of vent) Never tried!post #3981 of 435112/14/12 at 5:39pm
Ok I see! thanks! my confusion! To many types, to many models! => Westone have just release today a new "Candy flavors" with intéresting new cable! in the UM1 leage!post #3982 of 435112/14/12 at 7:33pmpost #3983 of 435112/14/12 at 8:05pmpost #3984 of 435112/14/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
Do i need wider soundstage when not using it on stage. UM3x have some soundstage?? sorry am abit confuse!post #3985 of 435112/14/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Can you explain me howtos please?
You want me to clik on"Post a Reply" button? Ok, the one beside the "Quote button! sorry!
Edited by Skullbox - 12/14/12 at 8:31pmpost #3986 of 435112/14/12 at 8:31pm
Click the "Multi" button. On the last post that you would like to quote, click the "Quote" button. In the editor, insert your replies between the quoted posts (use the Enter key to create space between).post #3987 of 435112/14/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
The wider the soundstage, the easier it is to tell apart the instruments and notes in a song. That being said, not all music needs a wide soundstage; electronica for one thing doesn't really need a wide soundstage whereas orchestral music would benefit the most.
hope that helpspost #3988 of 435112/15/12 at 5:40am
The other sense of soundstage is "space". Two extremes would be where the music sounds directly wired to your brain or just outside your head versus sitting in a larger 40 ft x 40 ft room or 10 rows back hearing the music. While UM3X has excellent instrument separation it lacks this sense of space.
Edited by Spyro - 12/15/12 at 7:06ampost #3989 of 435112/15/12 at 6:15pm
With my Colorfly CK4+ i've got very good soundstage on a lot of tracks. My source gives me a good space. With Teclast X19, iPhone, CD player i've got not big soundstage but better feeling of space between instruments. Just feeling (like a touching), with CK4+ they are on the same level. Respect to my player:)post #3990 of 435112/19/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
your brain also needs to get used to... ;-)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Posting Guidelines
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 16 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 46 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Is a dedicated source important in a high end setup? 3 minutes ago
- › Best Open Headphones for Bass Drum/Snare Punch 4 minutes ago
- › Help, please! Quick one: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250Ω - Fiio E07K... 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser hd 598 vs hd 600 ONLY! AMP/DAC recommendation for hd 598 7 minutes ago
- › Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards, 7 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2