Alternating between W3 "gold" edition and JH5 which still remain my two favorites after many years in the $300-$300 range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/2/11
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/24/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 7/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 2/2/14 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which customs Earsonics or Westone? Last post on 8/27/10 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD Last post on 3/4/14 at 11:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Posting GuidelinesLast edited: 2/26/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread - Page 266
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3977 of 421112/14/12 at 4:05pmpost #3978 of 421112/14/12 at 4:55pmpost #3979 of 421112/14/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
Yeah!! Agree! Am delighted rightnow! Good bass, not to much just ok! :)post #3980 of 421112/14/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Just making some littles holes in the shell ! (kind of vent) Never tried!post #3981 of 421112/14/12 at 5:39pm
Ok I see! thanks! my confusion! To many types, to many models! => Westone have just release today a new "Candy flavors" with intéresting new cable! in the UM1 leage!post #3982 of 421112/14/12 at 7:33pmpost #3983 of 421112/14/12 at 8:05pmpost #3984 of 421112/14/12 at 8:19pmQuote:
Do i need wider soundstage when not using it on stage. UM3x have some soundstage?? sorry am abit confuse!post #3985 of 421112/14/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Can you explain me howtos please?
You want me to clik on"Post a Reply" button? Ok, the one beside the "Quote button! sorry!
Edited by Skullbox - 12/14/12 at 8:31pmpost #3986 of 421112/14/12 at 8:31pm
Click the "Multi" button. On the last post that you would like to quote, click the "Quote" button. In the editor, insert your replies between the quoted posts (use the Enter key to create space between).post #3987 of 421112/14/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
The wider the soundstage, the easier it is to tell apart the instruments and notes in a song. That being said, not all music needs a wide soundstage; electronica for one thing doesn't really need a wide soundstage whereas orchestral music would benefit the most.
hope that helpspost #3988 of 421112/15/12 at 5:40am
The other sense of soundstage is "space". Two extremes would be where the music sounds directly wired to your brain or just outside your head versus sitting in a larger 40 ft x 40 ft room or 10 rows back hearing the music. While UM3X has excellent instrument separation it lacks this sense of space.
Edited by Spyro - 12/15/12 at 7:06ampost #3989 of 421112/15/12 at 6:15pm
With my Colorfly CK4+ i've got very good soundstage on a lot of tracks. My source gives me a good space. With Teclast X19, iPhone, CD player i've got not big soundstage but better feeling of space between instruments. Just feeling (like a touching), with CK4+ they are on the same level. Respect to my player:)post #3990 of 421112/19/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
your brain also needs to get used to... ;-)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sansa Clip+ or the Sansa Clip Zip? 8 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude