^ i am already using the largest stock comply tip and my right ear is not as sealed as the left even when using apple earbuds the right earphone won't behave on my right ear and falls off a bit
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/2/11
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 6/16/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/24/10
- productWestone UM3X / 3X - True Triple Armature Drivers In-ear Monitor Professional Earphonetagged by System, 7/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on Yesterday at 3:33 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which customs Earsonics or Westone? Last post on 8/27/10 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD Last post on 3/24/14 at 3:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Posting GuidelinesLast edited: 2/26/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread - Page 256
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3827 of 42184/5/12 at 4:21ampost #3828 of 42184/5/12 at 5:32am
i made a modded hybrid before, cutting the fcomply tip's core.. there was a significant change on the SQ, the highs on the um3x became lively but i think it had more prominent sibilance with "sss" which i think is the track/recording's fault and my library is mostly ALAC..
my preference was the large stock complys.. i hear all the details very clearly and it eats the sibilance (though it's still there but tolerable) and eats some of the spark it had..
i felt that my right ear is kinda vented on the um3x but on the w4r it's lesser because of the bigger or tubby housing that I push further on my rightpost #3829 of 42184/9/12 at 9:24am
The size of the nozzle has a lot to do with the size of the soundstage in a headphone. The short nozzle makes a smooth insertion by allowing outside sounds to interact with the sound of the headphone, bringing aeration and incrementing the size of soundstage in the overall sound.
Quote:post #3830 of 42184/9/12 at 9:30amSince these are sealed BA housings, I've not found letting ambient noise in, through a looser fit, have any direct correlation to soundstaging. Instead dynamics and midrange placement have more impact on soundstage for me. Dynamics affecting depth and midrange placement affecting both width and closeness.post #3831 of 42184/10/12 at 7:22pm
Any chance of sharing what frequencies you boosted and by how much (and what band/Q-value?) I keep trying to EQ my various 'phones, but it's pot luck as to whether I manage to boost/cut the bits that I mean to without making other sounds/freqs sound unnatural.
Quote:post #3832 of 42184/15/12 at 6:04pm
Hey does anyone know how to test the fit of these earphones? I recently have been switching between these and my vmoda m-80s and with nothing playing, I find the m-80s are just as isolating as the UM3x (maybe even a little more?). I have to play it at a significant volume before I can start blocking out outside noise.
I was told that these are super isolating though and should vastly outperform the vmoda's which are poor isolators... Is there a way to know exactly how well these are fitting and most importantly, if it isn't properly sealed, does that mean I am getting significantly inferior SQ or is it just a difference in isolation? I am kind of paranoid now that they are not sealing properly and have no idea how to test for it.
I am not so worried about isolation as I know others cannot hear me, which is what is most important since I work in quiet environments.post #3833 of 42184/16/12 at 1:20pm
Would the UM3X be better than the Sennheiser IE 80 for my music? I listen to Rock, Classical (more on Pianos), Pop (not today's pop styles) and Blues.post #3834 of 42184/16/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
Honestly it's not about music style but more what presentation you prefer.
UM3X are about detail/separation with an intimate soundstage.
IE80 are all about soundstage (cathedral-like, but less detail, less separation).
Very different in the end.
I prefer UM3X by far but this is just me, others may prefer IE80.
post #3835 of 42184/17/12 at 8:50pmpost #3836 of 42184/17/12 at 9:28pmQuote:
if you want more focus on the pianoes, electric guitars etc.
and want to feel the intimacy and emotion on vocals.. um3x
if you want a natural and coherent presentation
you may also want to consider isolation so it will be um3x stillpost #3837 of 42184/18/12 at 11:49pm
Yay, just got a um3x, I can now join this thread :D
Can you guys help me though, I need an amp for these to pair with my ipod classic. I got a budget of around £100
I have found the UM3X to be really bland with some songs which is why I want an amp to add some personality to the sound. Any reccomendations?post #3838 of 42184/19/12 at 5:28amI found the FiiO E11 on high gain with no bass boost and a LOD to be a great combination with the iPhone and UM3X. The E5 and E6 are okay with it but definitely not stellar. You can get the E11 and an LOD for about USD$65 right now which I believe is about 40GBP.post #3839 of 42184/19/12 at 6:18amQuote:
Cheers, didn't really consider the E11, I was looking at either the E7 or E17 but I can't seem to find a comparison between the modelspost #3840 of 42184/19/12 at 6:27amQuote:
The E7 vs E11 most likely won't be much of a difference, as the E7 won't override your iPod's DAC like it would with a computer source. I've heard the E17 is a huge improvement though; you'll still be using your iPod's onboard DAC but from what I understand the E17 really improves the sound tremendously. Not 100% on that.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 seconds ago
- › Need DAC Advice 6 seconds ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › Searching for a new over ear headset under 180€ 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › [SOLD] Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom... 8 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob