New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Image S4 Review - Page 2

post #16 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
Well Yes, but why would you bother chasing a company to do a review for your own products without looking over their previous reviews? i just find it shocking that Klipsch have wasted so many pairs of Image S4's for poor quality reviews that only cover part of what everyone wants to know. This is my opinion by the way, please don't come and attack me on it, i am saying what i believe.
well the only reason i can think of is they actively do not want them to be properly critically reviewed. they only want people who go"oooh ovals wow thats just so cool" its a great pity as the custom range are all really nice but they just seem to be doing everything they can to makes sure a decent review of these doesnt happen and that makes me very suspicious.

the marketing people at klipsch clearly dont think the likes of us will give them a good review so i cant hold it against them to do their job and only let those who are more likely to say nice things about them get a hold of a set.
post #17 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
the marketing people at klipsch clearly dont think the likes of us will give them a good review so i cant hold it against them to do their job and only let those who are more likely to say nice things about them get a hold of a set.
While I don't purport to be able to read minds, nor consider myself an audiophile with sanctified hearing, if I was marketing an IEM whose demand obviously surpasses the supply, why would I want to send a free sample to entities that grouse about subjects they have no direct knowledge concerning?

In my very, non-audiophile parlance I'd describe my wonderful S4's sound as rich and full-bodied like a great German bock beer. They have gotten richer and warmer the more I listen to them. They are also comfortable enough for me to fall asleep while listening.

I'd really like for a couple of the gurus at head fi to review these earphones, too... but it won't change how I feel about them.
post #18 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Buff View Post
I'd really like for a couple of the gurus at head fi to review these earphones, too... but it won't change how I feel about them.
There is a Image S4 suspiciously flying from Indianapolis as we speak...hmmmmm
post #19 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Buff View Post
While I don't purport to be able to read minds, nor consider myself an audiophile with sanctified hearing, if I was marketing an IEM whose demand obviously surpasses the supply, why would I want to send a free sample to entities that grouse about subjects they have no direct knowledge concerning?

In my very, non-audiophile parlance I'd describe my wonderful S4's sound as rich and full-bodied like a great German bock beer. They have gotten richer and warmer the more I listen to them. They are also comfortable enough for me to fall asleep while listening.

I'd really like for a couple of the gurus at head fi to review these earphones, too... but it won't change how I feel about them.
well i hope they are good, i do really like the 3 klipschs that i have and had been interested in the s4 and 2 (stall am i guess) just when i was wanting to hear some review of them they were only giving sets out to reviewers who clearly didint know what they were talking about so they could say what they liked i want going to take any of it seriously.
post #20 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
well i hope they are good, i do really like the 3 klipschs that i have and had been interested in the s4 and 2 (stall am i guess) just when i was wanting to hear some review of them they were only giving sets out to reviewers who clearly didint know what they were talking about so they could say what they liked i want going to take any of it seriously.
Oh sorry i forgot to mention, there are also a suspicious pair of Image S2's sitting beside me right now...hmmm wonder why they're there....
post #21 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
Oh sorry i forgot to mention, there are also a suspicious pair of Image S2's sitting beside me right now...hmmm wonder why they're there....
both??? quite how did you manage that

how is the s2 btw? i think they look great
post #22 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
well the only reason i can think of is they actively do not want them to be properly critically reviewed. they only want people who go"oooh ovals wow thats just so cool" its a great pity as the custom range are all really nice but they just seem to be doing everything they can to makes sure a decent review of these doesnt happen and that makes me very suspicious.

the marketing people at klipsch clearly dont think the likes of us will give them a good review so i cant hold it against them to do their job and only let those who are more likely to say nice things about them get a hold of a set.
That's actually not the case at all. We have pitched the S4s from "average Joes" to the most scrutinous of headphone listeners (including an admin of this forum!).

We do not have control over who posts what review and when. We certainly don't know who is going to "ooo and ahh" or completely hate them. It's a chance all manufacturers take.

The fine line we walk in sending review units is who is a legitimate, honest, unbiased reviewer, and who just wants a free set of headphones.
post #23 of 70
Thread Starter 
FYI... Felix's S2 review is posted here!
post #24 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
both??? quite how did you manage that

how is the s2 btw? i think they look great
yes i do have the Image S2's, and the S4's are on their way. Just read the review that i have posted on TouchMyApps, that Amy has mentioned above. I think the biggest thing of these is the build quality.
post #25 of 70
see thats the sort of review we need, something that talks about them and how they sound rather than going gosh oval tips isnt that so amazing!

frankly i still dont really like the ovals on the customs, they are great on the etys though so i can see why they would work on things shaped like the x10, x5 and s2
post #26 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
see thats the sort of review we need, something that talks about them and how they sound rather than going gosh oval tips isnt that so amazing!

frankly i still dont really like the ovals on the customs, they are great on the etys though so i can see why they would work on things shaped like the x10, x5 and s2
wouldn't you mean? and Thanks for the compliment =)
post #27 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
yes i do have the Image S2's, and the S4's are on their way. Just read the review that i have posted on TouchMyApps, that Amy has mentioned above. I think the biggest thing of these is the build quality.
Very nice, concise review MaoDi. I was disappointed in the amount of my S4's tips also, though it does provide a small bi-flange... too small for my ears.
post #28 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Buff View Post
Very nice, concise review MaoDi. I was disappointed in the amount of my S4's tips also, though it does provide a small bi-flange... too small for my ears.
i reviewed the Image S2's, the S4 should be here this week, and the review should be up in two/three weeks or so. I then will see how they are
post #29 of 70
My Image S4's have just arrived, given them a quick listen. letting them burn-in now...yes burn-in many of you don't believe in it, but i do and i can hear a difference. =)
post #30 of 70
Review is done, it should be up by next week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Klipsch Premier Sponsor Forum