Just to have another flavor around I am expecting my Schiit Valhalla 2 to arrive tomorrow! From what I gather, I'll be running RCA out from the STX to the Valhalla and the STX will just act as a DAC. Advice on the best settings for the STX in this mode? I normally have it on the highest gain for the HD 800s but I believe I should keep it on the lowest gain setting with volume maxed and just use the Valhalla's volume control. I'm sure the line out signal already takes into account that you'll be using it just as a DAC since it uses a different part of the board. Any other settings I should change or have enabled to make sure the STX just acts as a DAC or does the line out signal automatically take care of that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAsustagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar D2 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar D2X Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Audio Cardtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement for Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro Last post on 8/18/12 at 8:17pm in Computer Audio
- XONAR STX or DIY DAC + DIY AMP or DAC + AMP? Last post on 8/18/12 at 8:35pm in Dedicated Source Components
- So I need a good sound card (for music, mainly) Last post on 6/24/10 at 9:36pm in Computer Audio
- In search of a good DAC for my monitors Last post on 2/9/14 at 11:22am in Dedicated Source Components
- need a sound card for my new rig Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:27pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread - Page 325
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only reason to use your STX thru optical or coax is if you want to run dolby headphone from the STX into your external for games or your usb ports are flaky like mine. Other wise use the USB and keep the STX for backup or sell it.
Well, that is what I was thinking....for gaming purpose....I could still use my stx by going optical....correct
I don't know, probably not. I just ordered the card and am split between installing the ASUS driver or the unified one. I run Windows 8.1. Current latest drivers I found:
ASUS official - Beta Version 220.127.116.112 - 2014.01.06
UNi Xonar - version 1.72 (based on 1822) - 06.01.2014
I want to use my IEM and a zalman clip on zm-1 mic. Both have 3.5mm connectors and I've been looking for adapters to make it work with the asus stx, but I'm not 100% sure which adapters for the mic and for the headphones to buy. Can anyone PM me or post the link for adapters that will make this work. Thanks. I don't want to get a mixamp pro or cheap usb amp/dac to make it work if possible. I'm just looking for the proper 3.5mm to 1/4" adapters for the IEM and for the microphone.
I'm also having issues with the mic and the current adapter I have. No sound is coming out. I probably need a different adapter (mono or stereo?) or just get a cheap usb sound card for gaming. I really would rather get an adapter to work with my sound card since sound output works. I just can't get the mic to work.
There's new uni drivers out so I installed it and now my mic works. Now I just need another 3.5mm to 1/4" stereo plug. I really don't want to spend money for just one game where I'll hardly be using the mic anyway.
The unified has modes that lower the DPS latency from 0.2ms to about 0.125ms. For some music content creators this is a huge difference. I saw many people quoting the card an Amazon as not being good for content creation. The default DPS latency is just fine for music, movies, gaming, and playback in general.
The other stuff with reducing the boot time and memory usage is probably irrelevant now, but 4 years ago may have been useful.
- The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 33 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Incase Sonic 5 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2