Just to have another flavor around I am expecting my Schiit Valhalla 2 to arrive tomorrow! From what I gather, I'll be running RCA out from the STX to the Valhalla and the STX will just act as a DAC. Advice on the best settings for the STX in this mode? I normally have it on the highest gain for the HD 800s but I believe I should keep it on the lowest gain setting with volume maxed and just use the Valhalla's volume control. I'm sure the line out signal already takes into account that you'll be using it just as a DAC since it uses a different part of the board. Any other settings I should change or have enabled to make sure the STX just acts as a DAC or does the line out signal automatically take care of that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAsustagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar D1 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar D2 Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar D2X Sound Card (Black)tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productASUS Xonar Essence STXtagged by System, 6/14/10
- productAsus Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Audio Cardtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement for Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro Last post on 8/18/12 at 8:17pm in Computer Audio
- XONAR STX or DIY DAC + DIY AMP or DAC + AMP? Last post on 8/18/12 at 8:35pm in Dedicated Source Components
- So I need a good sound card (for music, mainly) Last post on 6/24/10 at 9:36pm in Computer Audio
- In search of a good DAC for my monitors Last post on 2/9/14 at 11:22am in Dedicated Source Components
- need a sound card for my new rig Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:27pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread - Page 325
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The only reason to use your STX thru optical or coax is if you want to run dolby headphone from the STX into your external for games or your usb ports are flaky like mine. Other wise use the USB and keep the STX for backup or sell it.
Well, that is what I was thinking....for gaming purpose....I could still use my stx by going optical....correct
I don't know, probably not. I just ordered the card and am split between installing the ASUS driver or the unified one. I run Windows 8.1. Current latest drivers I found:
ASUS official - Beta Version 184.108.40.2062 - 2014.01.06
UNi Xonar - version 1.72 (based on 1822) - 06.01.2014
I want to use my IEM and a zalman clip on zm-1 mic. Both have 3.5mm connectors and I've been looking for adapters to make it work with the asus stx, but I'm not 100% sure which adapters for the mic and for the headphones to buy. Can anyone PM me or post the link for adapters that will make this work. Thanks. I don't want to get a mixamp pro or cheap usb amp/dac to make it work if possible. I'm just looking for the proper 3.5mm to 1/4" adapters for the IEM and for the microphone.
I'm also having issues with the mic and the current adapter I have. No sound is coming out. I probably need a different adapter (mono or stereo?) or just get a cheap usb sound card for gaming. I really would rather get an adapter to work with my sound card since sound output works. I just can't get the mic to work.
There's new uni drivers out so I installed it and now my mic works. Now I just need another 3.5mm to 1/4" stereo plug. I really don't want to spend money for just one game where I'll hardly be using the mic anyway.
The unified has modes that lower the DPS latency from 0.2ms to about 0.125ms. For some music content creators this is a huge difference. I saw many people quoting the card an Amazon as not being good for content creation. The default DPS latency is just fine for music, movies, gaming, and playback in general.
The other stuff with reducing the boot time and memory usage is probably irrelevant now, but 4 years ago may have been useful.
- The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2015 Tokyo Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone festival - 24-25 October 17 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Kef M500 23 seconds ago
- › 150$ on ear/over ear 41 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 44 seconds ago
- › I will be at the Rocky Mountain Audio fest/Canjam 2015 this year. 52 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 55 seconds ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2