Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Talk me out of The Beats By Dre.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talk me out of The Beats By Dre. - Page 3

post #31 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalT View Post
Life lesson: Whenever a product is endorsed by a celebrity, it sucks. It's all about the money. The company wants to mask the suckiness by having it endorsed, and the celebrity asks a lot of money to endorse a ****ty product that they know is **** but would endorse for said big money only.

and it's funny that every single person told you it was a bad idea to buy them and that they are horrible, yet you go buy it anyway. why bother posting here asking for advice then?
No need for the hate. Your argument is flawed and illogical. Actually every single person that has contributed to this thread did not say the Beats were a bad idea. Some people just had a different educated opinion, unlike yourself.

Life lesson: If you are going to belittle a product at least lend some constructive criticism as to why you dislike it other than sweeping accusations of celebrity endorsed so it must suck. Why not tell us about your personal experience with the product if you have any. If you do not then kindly move along.
post #32 of 102
I understand your dilemna. I also think if you like the sound go for it. You are buying it for a particular reason, portable, no amp and good sound (to your ears at least) maybe somewhat for looks. I don't post here often but have been swayed away from my gut instinct by reading too many negative/positive opinions here. I listen to the same type of music as you and have tried numerous IEM's after lurking around here(NuForce NE-7M, Phonak PFE, Head Direct RE-2, Denon 551's and nothing impresed me (Phonak being the worse to me). I finally settled on the Monster Turbine and am 85% happy with them. Which is why I am looking for a set of full cans. I feel I know exactly what you are looking for and it may not be what the more "refined" ears on head-fi think as sounding good. I just want deep bass and clean highs, that all nothing complicated. I almost bought the 80 ohm DT770 but they are huge and want the full potential without the amp. I am going to hopefully try the HFI-780 at Guitar Center, if they don't give me what I am looking for I might just get the Beats.... Good luck with your purchase.....Give a review when you get a chance becuase I am using a D2 as well and would like to know your impression.....
post #33 of 102
Thread Starter 
Raq05, I really could not have said it better myself. All I really want is nice bass, clear highs, portable, can stand up to everyday wear and tear, and doesn't need an amp to reach its potential. I don't really care about looks but it doesn't hurt if they are attractive. I also think Hip-Hop may be a different animal than the average audiophile (if there is such a thing) is use too and maybe what works for them in their particular genres may not equate when listening to Hip-Hop.
post #34 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdiddy View Post
No need for the hate. Your argument is flawed and illogical. Actually every single person that has contributed to this thread did not say the Beats were a bad idea. Some people just had a different educated opinion, unlike yourself.
How is my argument flawed and illogical? I didn't have an argument. I said why ask for advice and completely go against what the people tell you in the end.

And how is my opinion "uneducated"? It's funny you have to resort to totally random personal attacks..

enjoy your "Beats".
post #35 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalT View Post
How is my argument flawed and illogical? I didn't have an argument. I said why ask for advice and completely go against what the people tell you in the end.

And how is my opinion "uneducated"? It's funny you have to resort to totally random personal attacks..

enjoy your "Beats".
Your argument is flawed because you mention nothing about the sound quality of the headphone itself. You simply say it is celebrity endorsed so it is must therefor be bad. Have your personally heard the beats? If you have, did you try them with your own equipment? If so what did you think their sound quality?
post #36 of 102
Compared to some of the other head phones in that price range, you have better choices. I understand why people are drawn to them, i heard them and wasn't to impressed. And i listen to hip hop and drum and bass, also and tried them for an hour while listening to a few songs. You can do better if you are able to get to a guitar center and try some stuff you will see for yourself, if not happy listening and enjoy your headphones.
post #37 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdiddy View Post
Actually every single person that has contributed to this thread did not say the Beats were a bad idea.
I guess you skipped my post. Like I said before, if you haven't tried any of the competition, how can you know that your preferred option is the Beats? The dilemma here was that you had to either choose blindly and potentially get much better or choose the Beats, which you know you'll like. The consensus on these forums seems to be that they're good, but not $300 good. I've tried them myself, and to be honest, I found that they're really nothing special.
post #38 of 102
Thread Starter 
There is a Guitar Center in my city. I will try to make it out there tomorrow. If I can find something better that meets my needs, I have no problem canceling my order for the Beats. I am actually very curious to hear what the bass sounds like from the DT770/880 and also how big they are.
post #39 of 102
Good luck, try the Ultrasone's if you get a chance to also. There are many out there to try and listen to, i know many people who bought because they were indorsed by dre", didnt care what they sounded like and had only used stock head phones in the past. So be careful with your dough. Take your time and make a good choice for you and listen to as many headphones as you possibly can.
post #40 of 102
give the ath-m50's a listen if you can find them there. whatever you pick, enjoy!
post #41 of 102
Going with the logic of the replies of this thread:

Many athletes, including Carmelo Anthony (NBA, plays for the Denver Nuggets), wear and use UE customs, therefore they must be bad.
Old W. Bush uses Etymotics, therefore they must be bad....

That said, people who've listened to the Beats , away from the deaf-defining demo stools, say their sound isn't bad but it's only equal to $100-200 standard headphones in sound quality but among noise-cancelling headphones (ANC), they are among the best out there in that sub-category.
That said, for portable use, in-ears/ canalphones and other portable headphones such as the Sennheiser HD-25II, are a better option.
I'm sick of defending the Beats from idiotic responses due to it's Dr. Dre and/or Monster association.
post #42 of 102
Like many people in this thread said, try the Ultrasones. The HFI-780 match your requirements: well built, reasonably portable and great sound (with awesome bass). I can say from my experience (I've bought some cans in the past two years) that the 780s are worth every cent. And they have all endorsements they need: from the owners.
post #43 of 102
darthdiddy

Personally, I don't think the Beats are half as bad as some people make them out to be. Are they great headphones? Not really. For $300, for sure they are surpassed by any number of other full sized headphones in sound quality alone, but in the sense that they are noise cancelling, relatively compact, reasonably comfortable, and portable, they are still fairly unique. As far as other noise cancelling models, I don't feel any of the alternatives from Sony, Audio Technica, and Bose are really that much better at all.

Like above, I do recommend you check out Ultrasones though, they are pretty much in line with what you are looking for.
post #44 of 102
My vote goes to the Ultrasone HFI780s. Beats by Dre is made by Monster Cable and as you know anything Monster Cable is ridiculously over priced.

Buying headphones from Monster Cable would be like buying a car from Microsoft...It doesn't make sense.
post #45 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdiddy View Post
Why not tell us about your personal experience with the product if you have any. If you do not then kindly move along.
BLOW !! lol..........

Even if i too think the HFI780 would have been perfect for you , for alot cheaper..... there is one FACT though... if you had listen to any other advise and decide to buy something else then the Beats , you probably would have regret it, at least a bit. Cause you really seemed to have those in mind, even if the other headphones had sound good , you'd be like "haaaaaaaaa ! i should have get those "Beats" !! All this considering you could'n try em off.
I remember when i was searching for my first decent headphones , i could'n test em either. But i had ONE thing in mind after every reading: Ultrasone PRO900 !!!!! I could had pick another one and being fully satisfied with it, but i'd always regret not getting the 900's ! But dont miss trying some other phones when possible ! That's the fun of it !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Talk me out of The Beats By Dre.