What's up all? Just wanted to chime in with my modding of my HFI-780's. What I did since I did not have any DynaMat on hand, and was impatient in ordering them so, just as I have done in the past of my DIY life, I looked for alternatives.... Which led me to "Liquid Tape"! What Liquid Tape is, is pretty much liquid rubber, that dries into 'electrical tape'. It comes in a jar and has a rubber cement type brush built into the cap. I use this Liquid Tape mainly for rubber coating stuff, so it was a natural choice. So I slathered several coats onto the cups, tore off the sticker completely (i had 1 hole covered previously) to expose all 4 holes, and I was going to recable later when I purchase those supplies, but then my eyes drifted over to the case for my Brainwavs HM5 and I borrowed the detachable cables (the long ones) and soldered them onto each cup individually, also soldering a hole on the driver side plastic housing, since I couldnt melt the so-called 'painted' aluminum. Turns out it is really aluminum, an aluminum sticker strip that is, because my soldering iron didnt melt through it at first, lol. That and the final thing I did was borrow the extra set of ear cushions from the HM5's and, already I notice a sound diff. Bass is tighter yet still has that 'in your chest' thump, and soundstage idk how, but seems noticably wider. Detail still there, and the mids seemed to be a little bit more pronounced. Well thanks for reading this lol I know its an essay! Happy listening!