- 1 Post. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Zürich
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AH-C700K Reference Audio In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 6/10/11
- productDENON AH-C751Ktagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/5/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Problem with Sennheiser IE 7 Last post on 9/21/10 at 10:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need very quick answer please (ie7 related) Last post on 9/10/10 at 8:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~ - Page 52post #766 of 8171/23/12 at 2:29pmGot them a couple of months or so ago. Been using them quite often. Initially they were a little harsh, but now they are better. The trebles are still on the sharper side, but they are definitely amazing. I would say I am very satisfied.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 8172/12/12 at 11:18am
I bought the IE7 about 3 months ago. I am not an expert and have limited experience with high-end earphones, but still, these are my impressions - I love almost everything about these earphones. Nice warm sound, detailed enough for me, good bass as well, and does not make you feel tired after long listening. Great build quiality - I am amazed how much punishment the cable can take - I use them for both gym and outdoors training.
What I dislike - perhaps the treble is a little too bright for me sometimes, I wouldn't say any of the standard flanges are a perfect fit to my ear canals, and yes, they do need 200-300 hours of burn-in first, I would say the sound improves significanlty during that period.
In conclusion - I think it is a great IEM, especially for the money :)post #768 of 8172/12/12 at 4:11pm
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!post #769 of 8173/11/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Boombastic88
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!
sorry to revive an old thread but I've had these for over 2 years now and the love is only getting stronger for me. I've used S4s for about a week and returned them without hesitation. They sounded like they were a full class or two lower than IE7. There was an entire dimension of sound missing compared to the Senns.
To answer your question, I would definitely not call these "laid back." The sound is very much detailed and rich, the sound stage and instrument separation for IEMs is incredible. The bass is sublime; not boomy, not muddy, not overwhelming. It's just simply there, clear and distinct.
I use them with FiiO E10 and with great recordings, you really don't have to worry about not getting involved in your music. As many have mentioned, however, they sound great plugged in directly to any source too.
I listened to the outrageous IE800 for about 15-20 minutes as well and while they sounded great, I found IE7 at $600+ cheaper, to be more fun, engaging and infinitely less fatiguing. I listen to them for hours while at work at low volumes and many times forget there is something in my ears.
For my money, these are the best IEMs (in their class) I've ever heard. Such a shame they've now been discontinued for a while, the market is flooded with fakes and no comparable replacement came out of Sennheiser just yet (IE60 is meh, IE80 ditto and IE800 is preposterous).post #770 of 8173/13/13 at 10:35ampost #771 of 8173/15/13 at 1:14pm
moving on from IE7
been using it since 09 i believe, recently acquired an UM3xRC and just giving my feedback
without too much detailed review anywhere on IE7 i have to say this is fairly underrated phones, and although the westone offers better clarity in return it compromise on airness and the impact from bass.
IE7 is slower and less tight, but um3x is a little too close in dimension imhopost #772 of 8173/29/13 at 2:14pm
I have tried the um3x and did not care for the signature. I had the ie7 a while back but sold them. I just picked up another pair off ebay for a pretty good price. Almost brand new. I really enjoy the foamie tips that come with it.post #773 of 8173/29/13 at 2:15pmpost #774 of 8173/29/13 at 4:10pmpost #775 of 8174/18/13 at 12:49pmpost #776 of 8174/18/13 at 4:40pmpost #777 of 8177/10/13 at 3:29pmpost #778 of 8177/10/13 at 6:56pmpost #779 of 8177/11/13 at 5:00am
How long do IEM's last anyway?
I love the build quality of the decent Sennheiser stuff. Yea, $/Buck you might get slightly better SQ somewhere else, but Senns are (mostly) built to last.
I've had mine for going on 4 years and they don't look a day older than the day i got them despite me using them daily.
Love the sound signiture as well. Really honest and open.
I'll be genuinly sad when they eventually die :(post #780 of 8177/11/13 at 5:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 53 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica A900 repair help! 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer v1.# versus geek out 450 thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › FS: RSA SR-71A "The Black Bird" 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)