- 1 Post. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Zürich
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AH-C700K Reference Audio In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 6/10/11
- productDENON AH-C751Ktagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/5/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Problem with Sennheiser IE 7 Last post on 9/21/10 at 10:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need very quick answer please (ie7 related) Last post on 9/10/10 at 8:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~ - Page 52post #766 of 8151/23/12 at 2:29pmGot them a couple of months or so ago. Been using them quite often. Initially they were a little harsh, but now they are better. The trebles are still on the sharper side, but they are definitely amazing. I would say I am very satisfied.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 8152/12/12 at 11:18am
I bought the IE7 about 3 months ago. I am not an expert and have limited experience with high-end earphones, but still, these are my impressions - I love almost everything about these earphones. Nice warm sound, detailed enough for me, good bass as well, and does not make you feel tired after long listening. Great build quiality - I am amazed how much punishment the cable can take - I use them for both gym and outdoors training.
What I dislike - perhaps the treble is a little too bright for me sometimes, I wouldn't say any of the standard flanges are a perfect fit to my ear canals, and yes, they do need 200-300 hours of burn-in first, I would say the sound improves significanlty during that period.
In conclusion - I think it is a great IEM, especially for the money :)post #768 of 8152/12/12 at 4:11pm
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!post #769 of 8153/11/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Boombastic88
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!
sorry to revive an old thread but I've had these for over 2 years now and the love is only getting stronger for me. I've used S4s for about a week and returned them without hesitation. They sounded like they were a full class or two lower than IE7. There was an entire dimension of sound missing compared to the Senns.
To answer your question, I would definitely not call these "laid back." The sound is very much detailed and rich, the sound stage and instrument separation for IEMs is incredible. The bass is sublime; not boomy, not muddy, not overwhelming. It's just simply there, clear and distinct.
I use them with FiiO E10 and with great recordings, you really don't have to worry about not getting involved in your music. As many have mentioned, however, they sound great plugged in directly to any source too.
I listened to the outrageous IE800 for about 15-20 minutes as well and while they sounded great, I found IE7 at $600+ cheaper, to be more fun, engaging and infinitely less fatiguing. I listen to them for hours while at work at low volumes and many times forget there is something in my ears.
For my money, these are the best IEMs (in their class) I've ever heard. Such a shame they've now been discontinued for a while, the market is flooded with fakes and no comparable replacement came out of Sennheiser just yet (IE60 is meh, IE80 ditto and IE800 is preposterous).post #770 of 8153/13/13 at 10:35ampost #771 of 8153/15/13 at 1:14pm
moving on from IE7
been using it since 09 i believe, recently acquired an UM3xRC and just giving my feedback
without too much detailed review anywhere on IE7 i have to say this is fairly underrated phones, and although the westone offers better clarity in return it compromise on airness and the impact from bass.
IE7 is slower and less tight, but um3x is a little too close in dimension imhopost #772 of 8153/29/13 at 2:14pm
I have tried the um3x and did not care for the signature. I had the ie7 a while back but sold them. I just picked up another pair off ebay for a pretty good price. Almost brand new. I really enjoy the foamie tips that come with it.post #773 of 8153/29/13 at 2:15pmpost #774 of 8153/29/13 at 4:10pmpost #775 of 8154/18/13 at 12:49pmpost #776 of 8154/18/13 at 4:40pmpost #777 of 8157/10/13 at 3:29pmpost #778 of 8157/10/13 at 6:56pmpost #779 of 8157/11/13 at 5:00am
How long do IEM's last anyway?
I love the build quality of the decent Sennheiser stuff. Yea, $/Buck you might get slightly better SQ somewhere else, but Senns are (mostly) built to last.
I've had mine for going on 4 years and they don't look a day older than the day i got them despite me using them daily.
Love the sound signiture as well. Really honest and open.
I'll be genuinly sad when they eventually die :(post #780 of 8157/11/13 at 5:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 2 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 32 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Which cans to pick under 200? 2 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob