- 1 Post. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Zürich
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AH-C700K Reference Audio In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 6/10/11
- productDENON AH-C751Ktagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/5/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/8/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 7/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Problem with Sennheiser IE 7 Last post on 9/21/10 at 10:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need very quick answer please (ie7 related) Last post on 9/10/10 at 8:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~ - Page 52post #766 of 8171/23/12 at 2:29pmGot them a couple of months or so ago. Been using them quite often. Initially they were a little harsh, but now they are better. The trebles are still on the sharper side, but they are definitely amazing. I would say I am very satisfied.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 8172/12/12 at 11:18am
I bought the IE7 about 3 months ago. I am not an expert and have limited experience with high-end earphones, but still, these are my impressions - I love almost everything about these earphones. Nice warm sound, detailed enough for me, good bass as well, and does not make you feel tired after long listening. Great build quiality - I am amazed how much punishment the cable can take - I use them for both gym and outdoors training.
What I dislike - perhaps the treble is a little too bright for me sometimes, I wouldn't say any of the standard flanges are a perfect fit to my ear canals, and yes, they do need 200-300 hours of burn-in first, I would say the sound improves significanlty during that period.
In conclusion - I think it is a great IEM, especially for the money :)post #768 of 8172/12/12 at 4:11pm
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!post #769 of 8173/11/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Boombastic88
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!
sorry to revive an old thread but I've had these for over 2 years now and the love is only getting stronger for me. I've used S4s for about a week and returned them without hesitation. They sounded like they were a full class or two lower than IE7. There was an entire dimension of sound missing compared to the Senns.
To answer your question, I would definitely not call these "laid back." The sound is very much detailed and rich, the sound stage and instrument separation for IEMs is incredible. The bass is sublime; not boomy, not muddy, not overwhelming. It's just simply there, clear and distinct.
I use them with FiiO E10 and with great recordings, you really don't have to worry about not getting involved in your music. As many have mentioned, however, they sound great plugged in directly to any source too.
I listened to the outrageous IE800 for about 15-20 minutes as well and while they sounded great, I found IE7 at $600+ cheaper, to be more fun, engaging and infinitely less fatiguing. I listen to them for hours while at work at low volumes and many times forget there is something in my ears.
For my money, these are the best IEMs (in their class) I've ever heard. Such a shame they've now been discontinued for a while, the market is flooded with fakes and no comparable replacement came out of Sennheiser just yet (IE60 is meh, IE80 ditto and IE800 is preposterous).post #770 of 8173/13/13 at 10:35ampost #771 of 8173/15/13 at 1:14pm
moving on from IE7
been using it since 09 i believe, recently acquired an UM3xRC and just giving my feedback
without too much detailed review anywhere on IE7 i have to say this is fairly underrated phones, and although the westone offers better clarity in return it compromise on airness and the impact from bass.
IE7 is slower and less tight, but um3x is a little too close in dimension imhopost #772 of 8173/29/13 at 2:14pm
I have tried the um3x and did not care for the signature. I had the ie7 a while back but sold them. I just picked up another pair off ebay for a pretty good price. Almost brand new. I really enjoy the foamie tips that come with it.post #773 of 8173/29/13 at 2:15pmpost #774 of 8173/29/13 at 4:10pmpost #775 of 8174/18/13 at 12:49pmpost #776 of 8174/18/13 at 4:40pmpost #777 of 8177/10/13 at 3:29pmpost #778 of 8177/10/13 at 6:56pmpost #779 of 8177/11/13 at 5:00am
How long do IEM's last anyway?
I love the build quality of the decent Sennheiser stuff. Yea, $/Buck you might get slightly better SQ somewhere else, but Senns are (mostly) built to last.
I've had mine for going on 4 years and they don't look a day older than the day i got them despite me using them daily.
Love the sound signiture as well. Really honest and open.
I'll be genuinly sad when they eventually die :(post #780 of 8177/11/13 at 5:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 07/24/2014 20 seconds ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 30 seconds ago
- › Looking for recommendations for closed headphones around $100. 39 seconds ago
- › Good headphones under $ 150, need your opinion! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Help Headphones and Dac AmP 6 minutes ago
- › BRANDS OF PORTABLE SE AMPS NEEDED 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 9 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)