Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 2:34 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 7post #91 of 17452/1/10 at 8:07pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 17452/1/10 at 9:10pmpost #93 of 17452/1/10 at 10:55pmQuote:My only vintage headphone right now, an early K240 Sextett.
Produce around 1975-1980, I think.
I'm thinking of replacing the headband/flattened pads on my pair, but I'll probably end up stuffing foam inside, so it retains it's look.post #94 of 17452/1/10 at 11:10pmpost #95 of 17452/2/10 at 12:47ampost #96 of 17452/2/10 at 5:32pmpost #97 of 17452/5/10 at 5:33ampost #98 of 17452/5/10 at 5:42ampost #99 of 17452/5/10 at 5:44ampost #100 of 17452/24/10 at 5:32pmpost #101 of 17453/19/10 at 10:55pm
Pioneer SE-500Makeover of a pair of vintage headphones:
Pioneer SE-500 as a base model:
1) replaced single sided cable (with terrible oxidation) with a silver plated oxygen free copper stranded cable sleeved in PVC in a 4 conductor round litz dual entry cable
2) removed original headband and replaced with a Beyerdynamic leatherette headband
3) removed the piezoelectric drivers (though interesting technically, they sounded poopy) with SFI ribbon tweeters (120 ohm)
4) added additional damping to remove midbass resonance and to extend treble extension
5) removed fabric screen from the back of the cups (unnecessary IMO, but looks better now)
I think that they sound good, but probably because of the effort I put into them . I've since given them to my younger brother and he thinks they sound pretty good as well .
I don't think you'll ever see them on the street, but they have that distinct 1970's kitschy/classy style.post #102 of 17456/1/10 at 9:17am
I picked these up recently and haven't been able to find any info on them, but I'm thinking about working on them a bit (there's some echo/distortion across the (reversed) left/right channels), and picking up some kind of replacement pads as the current ones smell a bit smokey. They sound like they could be half decent with a bit of love.post #103 of 17456/1/10 at 12:05pmpost #104 of 17456/3/10 at 9:37am
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for external solution for listening to PC and PS4 at same... 13 seconds ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 41 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...