Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 3:13 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 7post #91 of 15672/1/10 at 8:07pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 15672/1/10 at 9:10pmpost #93 of 15672/1/10 at 10:55pmQuote:My only vintage headphone right now, an early K240 Sextett.
Produce around 1975-1980, I think.
I'm thinking of replacing the headband/flattened pads on my pair, but I'll probably end up stuffing foam inside, so it retains it's look.post #94 of 15672/1/10 at 11:10pmpost #95 of 15672/2/10 at 12:47ampost #96 of 15672/2/10 at 5:32pmpost #97 of 15672/5/10 at 5:33ampost #98 of 15672/5/10 at 5:42ampost #99 of 15672/5/10 at 5:44ampost #100 of 15672/24/10 at 5:32pmpost #101 of 15673/19/10 at 10:55pm
Pioneer SE-500Makeover of a pair of vintage headphones:
Pioneer SE-500 as a base model:
1) replaced single sided cable (with terrible oxidation) with a silver plated oxygen free copper stranded cable sleeved in PVC in a 4 conductor round litz dual entry cable
2) removed original headband and replaced with a Beyerdynamic leatherette headband
3) removed the piezoelectric drivers (though interesting technically, they sounded poopy) with SFI ribbon tweeters (120 ohm)
4) added additional damping to remove midbass resonance and to extend treble extension
5) removed fabric screen from the back of the cups (unnecessary IMO, but looks better now)
I think that they sound good, but probably because of the effort I put into them . I've since given them to my younger brother and he thinks they sound pretty good as well .
I don't think you'll ever see them on the street, but they have that distinct 1970's kitschy/classy style.post #102 of 15676/1/10 at 9:17am
I picked these up recently and haven't been able to find any info on them, but I'm thinking about working on them a bit (there's some echo/distortion across the (reversed) left/right channels), and picking up some kind of replacement pads as the current ones smell a bit smokey. They sound like they could be half decent with a bit of love.post #103 of 15676/1/10 at 12:05pmpost #104 of 15676/3/10 at 9:37am
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 35 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Seeking advice: Audio-gd customer service (NFB-15) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › SR850 upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Amazon Echo 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2