Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 4:06 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 7post #91 of 17072/1/10 at 8:07pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 17072/1/10 at 9:10pmpost #93 of 17072/1/10 at 10:55pmQuote:My only vintage headphone right now, an early K240 Sextett.
Produce around 1975-1980, I think.
I'm thinking of replacing the headband/flattened pads on my pair, but I'll probably end up stuffing foam inside, so it retains it's look.post #94 of 17072/1/10 at 11:10pmpost #95 of 17072/2/10 at 12:47ampost #96 of 17072/2/10 at 5:32pmpost #97 of 17072/5/10 at 5:33ampost #98 of 17072/5/10 at 5:42ampost #99 of 17072/5/10 at 5:44ampost #100 of 17072/24/10 at 5:32pmpost #101 of 17073/19/10 at 10:55pm
Pioneer SE-500Makeover of a pair of vintage headphones:
Pioneer SE-500 as a base model:
1) replaced single sided cable (with terrible oxidation) with a silver plated oxygen free copper stranded cable sleeved in PVC in a 4 conductor round litz dual entry cable
2) removed original headband and replaced with a Beyerdynamic leatherette headband
3) removed the piezoelectric drivers (though interesting technically, they sounded poopy) with SFI ribbon tweeters (120 ohm)
4) added additional damping to remove midbass resonance and to extend treble extension
5) removed fabric screen from the back of the cups (unnecessary IMO, but looks better now)
I think that they sound good, but probably because of the effort I put into them . I've since given them to my younger brother and he thinks they sound pretty good as well .
I don't think you'll ever see them on the street, but they have that distinct 1970's kitschy/classy style.post #102 of 17076/1/10 at 9:17am
I picked these up recently and haven't been able to find any info on them, but I'm thinking about working on them a bit (there's some echo/distortion across the (reversed) left/right channels), and picking up some kind of replacement pads as the current ones smell a bit smokey. They sound like they could be half decent with a bit of love.post #103 of 17076/1/10 at 12:05pmpost #104 of 17076/3/10 at 9:37am
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hisoundaudio Flamenco Review 6 minutes ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 9 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 11 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 11 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 11 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER HD 650 - LIKE NEW 12 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...