Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 8:51 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 7post #91 of 14682/1/10 at 8:07pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 14682/1/10 at 9:10pmpost #93 of 14682/1/10 at 10:55pmQuote:My only vintage headphone right now, an early K240 Sextett.
Produce around 1975-1980, I think.
I'm thinking of replacing the headband/flattened pads on my pair, but I'll probably end up stuffing foam inside, so it retains it's look.post #94 of 14682/1/10 at 11:10pmpost #95 of 14682/2/10 at 12:47ampost #96 of 14682/2/10 at 5:32pmpost #97 of 14682/5/10 at 5:33ampost #98 of 14682/5/10 at 5:42ampost #99 of 14682/5/10 at 5:44ampost #100 of 14682/24/10 at 5:32pmpost #101 of 14683/19/10 at 10:55pm
Pioneer SE-500Makeover of a pair of vintage headphones:
Pioneer SE-500 as a base model:
1) replaced single sided cable (with terrible oxidation) with a silver plated oxygen free copper stranded cable sleeved in PVC in a 4 conductor round litz dual entry cable
2) removed original headband and replaced with a Beyerdynamic leatherette headband
3) removed the piezoelectric drivers (though interesting technically, they sounded poopy) with SFI ribbon tweeters (120 ohm)
4) added additional damping to remove midbass resonance and to extend treble extension
5) removed fabric screen from the back of the cups (unnecessary IMO, but looks better now)
I think that they sound good, but probably because of the effort I put into them . I've since given them to my younger brother and he thinks they sound pretty good as well .
I don't think you'll ever see them on the street, but they have that distinct 1970's kitschy/classy style.post #102 of 14686/1/10 at 9:17am
I picked these up recently and haven't been able to find any info on them, but I'm thinking about working on them a bit (there's some echo/distortion across the (reversed) left/right channels), and picking up some kind of replacement pads as the current ones smell a bit smokey. They sound like they could be half decent with a bit of love.post #103 of 14686/1/10 at 12:05pmpost #104 of 14686/3/10 at 9:37am
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 18 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 52 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation II time to upgrade? 4 minutes ago
- › V-LINK 24/96 Async USB SPDIF Transport Digital Coax & Optical 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2