- 2,324 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Michigan, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 31post #451 of 13189/18/12 at 1:05pmHoly crap. I want those. lol.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #452 of 13189/19/12 at 10:48ampost #453 of 13189/19/12 at 11:20am
That's the question now... is it the SFI driver or the Yamaha driver?
But we have not seen Yamaha drivers in other headphones before, so it's probably an SFI.post #454 of 13189/19/12 at 3:24pmQuote:
Interesting. AT made very few orthos, that set of yours is probably quite a rare find.post #455 of 13189/19/12 at 5:26pmpost #456 of 13189/20/12 at 5:40am
Yes and no :)
Using the on-board camera flash, a center hole is clearly visible.
But when I shine a light through the other side towards me, the hole is not transparent - either the driver is opaque in the center, or something else.Quote:
Well I am based in Germany. I've seen quite a few headphone oddities in my short time here :) - mostly no-name dynamic headphones with curious/fun designs, but crappy sound.
Take these for example: The Jesko IC-90L (yay! let's get this thread back on track!)
I have nothing to say about the sound because quite frankly it's awful.
But I really like the pressed aluminium shapes all put together to create the design. Unfortunately it's a 'snap' together and glue type design, so to open the headphone requires destruction. It could have been a pretty cool foster-phone as the black domes are perforated making it a semi-open design. The earpads are actually a net-like fabric spread over sponge - and they're glued on very strongly so cleaning and replacing sponge could have been easy.
It's mid-level consumer tat, but probably fairly rare.post #457 of 13189/20/12 at 6:20pmpost #458 of 13189/20/12 at 9:42pmpost #459 of 13189/21/12 at 9:52am
They're basically neutral without much treble or bass extension. They did sound a little odd at first as I had been using my bass monsters the day before I received them, but my ears quickly adjusted and I started to very much love what I was hearing. Great imaging, good soundstage, very nice PRaT, and awesome detail retrieval. They are my best headphone. Very pleased.
However... there's always a catch... the termination is shorting out. I'm ordering a neutrik for it soon.
And now, I'm gonna go take those pictures I promised.post #460 of 13189/21/12 at 10:29ampost #461 of 13189/25/12 at 3:04pmpost #462 of 13189/25/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
I just got a pristine SE-700, too. The bass is rolled off but they are so damn gorgeous I don't care!
I got some TDS 5M, TDS 16's, NOS AT-705, and a perfect set of Fostex T10's. I'll take some shots and post them to this thread, a bit later.post #463 of 13189/25/12 at 7:55pmpost #464 of 13189/25/12 at 8:30pmpost #465 of 13189/25/12 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dyaems
add this for your collections!
I'll have to pass. The SE-700s are prettier IMO and they definitely sound better. Though pretty, the SE-LXX line is notoriously horrid sounding.
Even though the SE-700s don't have much treble or bass extension they have an amazingly flat response and a very exciting sense of rhythm.Quote:
If it comes down to it, go with the Monitor 10s, as they're one of the best vintage sets.
Edited by takato14 - 9/25/12 at 8:47pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Beyerdynamic DT 770 9 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 12 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)