- 3,012 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Michigan, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 1:11 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 31post #451 of 18839/18/12 at 1:05pmHoly crap. I want those. lol.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #452 of 18839/19/12 at 10:48ampost #453 of 18839/19/12 at 11:20am
That's the question now... is it the SFI driver or the Yamaha driver?
But we have not seen Yamaha drivers in other headphones before, so it's probably an SFI.post #454 of 18839/19/12 at 3:24pmQuote:
Interesting. AT made very few orthos, that set of yours is probably quite a rare find.post #455 of 18839/19/12 at 5:26pmpost #456 of 18839/20/12 at 5:40am
Yes and no :)
Using the on-board camera flash, a center hole is clearly visible.
But when I shine a light through the other side towards me, the hole is not transparent - either the driver is opaque in the center, or something else.Quote:
Well I am based in Germany. I've seen quite a few headphone oddities in my short time here :) - mostly no-name dynamic headphones with curious/fun designs, but crappy sound.
Take these for example: The Jesko IC-90L (yay! let's get this thread back on track!)
I have nothing to say about the sound because quite frankly it's awful.
But I really like the pressed aluminium shapes all put together to create the design. Unfortunately it's a 'snap' together and glue type design, so to open the headphone requires destruction. It could have been a pretty cool foster-phone as the black domes are perforated making it a semi-open design. The earpads are actually a net-like fabric spread over sponge - and they're glued on very strongly so cleaning and replacing sponge could have been easy.
It's mid-level consumer tat, but probably fairly rare.post #457 of 18839/20/12 at 6:20pmpost #458 of 18839/20/12 at 9:42pmpost #459 of 18839/21/12 at 9:52am
They're basically neutral without much treble or bass extension. They did sound a little odd at first as I had been using my bass monsters the day before I received them, but my ears quickly adjusted and I started to very much love what I was hearing. Great imaging, good soundstage, very nice PRaT, and awesome detail retrieval. They are my best headphone. Very pleased.
However... there's always a catch... the termination is shorting out. I'm ordering a neutrik for it soon.
And now, I'm gonna go take those pictures I promised.post #460 of 18839/21/12 at 10:29ampost #461 of 18839/25/12 at 3:04pmpost #462 of 18839/25/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
I just got a pristine SE-700, too. The bass is rolled off but they are so damn gorgeous I don't care!
I got some TDS 5M, TDS 16's, NOS AT-705, and a perfect set of Fostex T10's. I'll take some shots and post them to this thread, a bit later.post #463 of 18839/25/12 at 7:55pmpost #464 of 18839/25/12 at 8:30pmpost #465 of 18839/25/12 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dyaems
add this for your collections!
I'll have to pass. The SE-700s are prettier IMO and they definitely sound better. Though pretty, the SE-LXX line is notoriously horrid sounding.
Even though the SE-700s don't have much treble or bass extension they have an amazingly flat response and a very exciting sense of rhythm.Quote:
If it comes down to it, go with the Monitor 10s, as they're one of the best vintage sets.
Edited by takato14 - 9/25/12 at 8:47pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 22 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 40 seconds ago
- › \\=\\ 91-9958802839【MOLVI JI】loVe pRobLeM sOLUTiON bABa ji NOida 49 seconds ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › \\=\\ 91-9958802839【MOLVI JI】loVe pRobLeM sOLUTiON bABa ji America 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › \\=\\ 91-9958802839【MOLVI JI】love problem solution baba ji Qatar 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear