- 2,635 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Michigan, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 7:15 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 31post #451 of 14519/18/12 at 1:05pmHoly crap. I want those. lol.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #452 of 14519/19/12 at 10:48ampost #453 of 14519/19/12 at 11:20am
That's the question now... is it the SFI driver or the Yamaha driver?
But we have not seen Yamaha drivers in other headphones before, so it's probably an SFI.post #454 of 14519/19/12 at 3:24pmQuote:
Interesting. AT made very few orthos, that set of yours is probably quite a rare find.post #455 of 14519/19/12 at 5:26pmpost #456 of 14519/20/12 at 5:40am
Yes and no :)
Using the on-board camera flash, a center hole is clearly visible.
But when I shine a light through the other side towards me, the hole is not transparent - either the driver is opaque in the center, or something else.Quote:
Well I am based in Germany. I've seen quite a few headphone oddities in my short time here :) - mostly no-name dynamic headphones with curious/fun designs, but crappy sound.
Take these for example: The Jesko IC-90L (yay! let's get this thread back on track!)
I have nothing to say about the sound because quite frankly it's awful.
But I really like the pressed aluminium shapes all put together to create the design. Unfortunately it's a 'snap' together and glue type design, so to open the headphone requires destruction. It could have been a pretty cool foster-phone as the black domes are perforated making it a semi-open design. The earpads are actually a net-like fabric spread over sponge - and they're glued on very strongly so cleaning and replacing sponge could have been easy.
It's mid-level consumer tat, but probably fairly rare.post #457 of 14519/20/12 at 6:20pmpost #458 of 14519/20/12 at 9:42pmpost #459 of 14519/21/12 at 9:52am
They're basically neutral without much treble or bass extension. They did sound a little odd at first as I had been using my bass monsters the day before I received them, but my ears quickly adjusted and I started to very much love what I was hearing. Great imaging, good soundstage, very nice PRaT, and awesome detail retrieval. They are my best headphone. Very pleased.
However... there's always a catch... the termination is shorting out. I'm ordering a neutrik for it soon.
And now, I'm gonna go take those pictures I promised.post #460 of 14519/21/12 at 10:29ampost #461 of 14519/25/12 at 3:04pmpost #462 of 14519/25/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
I just got a pristine SE-700, too. The bass is rolled off but they are so damn gorgeous I don't care!
I got some TDS 5M, TDS 16's, NOS AT-705, and a perfect set of Fostex T10's. I'll take some shots and post them to this thread, a bit later.post #463 of 14519/25/12 at 7:55pmpost #464 of 14519/25/12 at 8:30pmpost #465 of 14519/25/12 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dyaems
add this for your collections!
I'll have to pass. The SE-700s are prettier IMO and they definitely sound better. Though pretty, the SE-LXX line is notoriously horrid sounding.
Even though the SE-700s don't have much treble or bass extension they have an amazingly flat response and a very exciting sense of rhythm.Quote:
If it comes down to it, go with the Monitor 10s, as they're one of the best vintage sets.
Edited by takato14 - 9/25/12 at 8:47pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › I just failed the Tidal streaming equipment test!!! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Struggling to find the right hi-fi over-ear headphones for travel 8 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 11 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 13 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2