- 3,004 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Michigan, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 4:41 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 31post #451 of 18149/18/12 at 1:05pmHoly crap. I want those. lol.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #452 of 18149/19/12 at 10:48ampost #453 of 18149/19/12 at 11:20am
That's the question now... is it the SFI driver or the Yamaha driver?
But we have not seen Yamaha drivers in other headphones before, so it's probably an SFI.post #454 of 18149/19/12 at 3:24pmQuote:
Interesting. AT made very few orthos, that set of yours is probably quite a rare find.post #455 of 18149/19/12 at 5:26pmpost #456 of 18149/20/12 at 5:40am
Yes and no :)
Using the on-board camera flash, a center hole is clearly visible.
But when I shine a light through the other side towards me, the hole is not transparent - either the driver is opaque in the center, or something else.Quote:
Well I am based in Germany. I've seen quite a few headphone oddities in my short time here :) - mostly no-name dynamic headphones with curious/fun designs, but crappy sound.
Take these for example: The Jesko IC-90L (yay! let's get this thread back on track!)
I have nothing to say about the sound because quite frankly it's awful.
But I really like the pressed aluminium shapes all put together to create the design. Unfortunately it's a 'snap' together and glue type design, so to open the headphone requires destruction. It could have been a pretty cool foster-phone as the black domes are perforated making it a semi-open design. The earpads are actually a net-like fabric spread over sponge - and they're glued on very strongly so cleaning and replacing sponge could have been easy.
It's mid-level consumer tat, but probably fairly rare.post #457 of 18149/20/12 at 6:20pmpost #458 of 18149/20/12 at 9:42pmpost #459 of 18149/21/12 at 9:52am
They're basically neutral without much treble or bass extension. They did sound a little odd at first as I had been using my bass monsters the day before I received them, but my ears quickly adjusted and I started to very much love what I was hearing. Great imaging, good soundstage, very nice PRaT, and awesome detail retrieval. They are my best headphone. Very pleased.
However... there's always a catch... the termination is shorting out. I'm ordering a neutrik for it soon.
And now, I'm gonna go take those pictures I promised.post #460 of 18149/21/12 at 10:29ampost #461 of 18149/25/12 at 3:04pmpost #462 of 18149/25/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
I just got a pristine SE-700, too. The bass is rolled off but they are so damn gorgeous I don't care!
I got some TDS 5M, TDS 16's, NOS AT-705, and a perfect set of Fostex T10's. I'll take some shots and post them to this thread, a bit later.post #463 of 18149/25/12 at 7:55pmpost #464 of 18149/25/12 at 8:30pmpost #465 of 18149/25/12 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dyaems
add this for your collections!
I'll have to pass. The SE-700s are prettier IMO and they definitely sound better. Though pretty, the SE-LXX line is notoriously horrid sounding.
Even though the SE-700s don't have much treble or bass extension they have an amazingly flat response and a very exciting sense of rhythm.Quote:
If it comes down to it, go with the Monitor 10s, as they're one of the best vintage sets.
Edited by takato14 - 9/25/12 at 8:47pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock,... 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Micro iTube2 Buffer 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear