- 2,958 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Michigan, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 4:06 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 31post #451 of 17079/18/12 at 1:05pmHoly crap. I want those. lol.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #452 of 17079/19/12 at 10:48ampost #453 of 17079/19/12 at 11:20am
That's the question now... is it the SFI driver or the Yamaha driver?
But we have not seen Yamaha drivers in other headphones before, so it's probably an SFI.post #454 of 17079/19/12 at 3:24pmQuote:
Interesting. AT made very few orthos, that set of yours is probably quite a rare find.post #455 of 17079/19/12 at 5:26pmpost #456 of 17079/20/12 at 5:40am
Yes and no :)
Using the on-board camera flash, a center hole is clearly visible.
But when I shine a light through the other side towards me, the hole is not transparent - either the driver is opaque in the center, or something else.Quote:
Well I am based in Germany. I've seen quite a few headphone oddities in my short time here :) - mostly no-name dynamic headphones with curious/fun designs, but crappy sound.
Take these for example: The Jesko IC-90L (yay! let's get this thread back on track!)
I have nothing to say about the sound because quite frankly it's awful.
But I really like the pressed aluminium shapes all put together to create the design. Unfortunately it's a 'snap' together and glue type design, so to open the headphone requires destruction. It could have been a pretty cool foster-phone as the black domes are perforated making it a semi-open design. The earpads are actually a net-like fabric spread over sponge - and they're glued on very strongly so cleaning and replacing sponge could have been easy.
It's mid-level consumer tat, but probably fairly rare.post #457 of 17079/20/12 at 6:20pmpost #458 of 17079/20/12 at 9:42pmpost #459 of 17079/21/12 at 9:52am
They're basically neutral without much treble or bass extension. They did sound a little odd at first as I had been using my bass monsters the day before I received them, but my ears quickly adjusted and I started to very much love what I was hearing. Great imaging, good soundstage, very nice PRaT, and awesome detail retrieval. They are my best headphone. Very pleased.
However... there's always a catch... the termination is shorting out. I'm ordering a neutrik for it soon.
And now, I'm gonna go take those pictures I promised.post #460 of 17079/21/12 at 10:29ampost #461 of 17079/25/12 at 3:04pmpost #462 of 17079/25/12 at 6:13pmQuote:
I just got a pristine SE-700, too. The bass is rolled off but they are so damn gorgeous I don't care!
I got some TDS 5M, TDS 16's, NOS AT-705, and a perfect set of Fostex T10's. I'll take some shots and post them to this thread, a bit later.post #463 of 17079/25/12 at 7:55pmpost #464 of 17079/25/12 at 8:30pmpost #465 of 17079/25/12 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dyaems
add this for your collections!
I'll have to pass. The SE-700s are prettier IMO and they definitely sound better. Though pretty, the SE-LXX line is notoriously horrid sounding.
Even though the SE-700s don't have much treble or bass extension they have an amazingly flat response and a very exciting sense of rhythm.Quote:
If it comes down to it, go with the Monitor 10s, as they're one of the best vintage sets.
Edited by takato14 - 9/25/12 at 8:47pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 45 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 50 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2s appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 8 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 8 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...