Fostex seems version 2. Version 1 was with split headband.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 8:54 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 100
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1487 of 14935/12/15 at 6:17amQuote:YAY! Been wanting to see Fostex T50 measurements for the longest time now.Originally Posted by yaluen
Hi fellow vintage HP nuts, I recently sent a few phones off to Tyll to be measured. Here are some photos of the DUTs:
What you see are the Fostex T50, Aurex/Toshiba HR-V9 back electret, and Yamaha YH-5M. Also measured was a pair of HD414's, plenty of photos for that one on the interwebs.
The HR-V9 is a favourite, very even and extended response, fast transients, but its background is not as black as I'd like, perhaps because of the construction of its housing. I shall post some photos of its innards later on.
I've also scanned a copy of a YH-5M brochure I have which I've uploaded here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49755/yh-5m_brochure.zip.
Hope you enjoyed!post #1488 of 14935/12/15 at 12:22pmpost #1489 of 14935/12/15 at 3:00pm
A bit more on the HR-V9, here is what I assume are its original specs, courtesy of Kohara-san and his Headphone Modern Museum site (http://20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/aurex/HR-V9.html):
■ Price: ¥12,000
■ Type: Complementary Back Electret Condenser
■ Diaphragm: 51mm 4micron polyester film
■ Impedance: 4,000Ω
■ Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz
■ Sensitivity: 107dB/3V
■ Cable: 3m
■ Weight: 230g
■ Released: October 1980
■ Discontinued: 1984~85
■ NB: Distortion <0.5%
And also a diagram of Aurex's complementary back electret configuration, showing the charged film on the stators (http://20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/aurex/BEC.html):
According to Aurex, apparently this allowed them to achieve what is equivalent to a polarizing voltage in the 1kV range.
And some more photos:Quote:
They probably come up for sale online every couple of years. Not impossible to find, but one does have to be diligent. For example, the HR-V9 was part of a lot of several vintage phones.
I think that's right, my pair doesn't have the raised lettering on the cups that says "RP" and "Regular Phase Stereo Headphone". Said raised lettering seems to be absent in photos of other v2's as well.Quote:
Indeed, that'd be interesting. One would hope Fostex didn't employ cost down measures other than getting rid of the raised lettering that might have compromised the sound.
Edited by yaluen - 5/12/15 at 3:14pmpost #1490 of 14935/13/15 at 1:29ampost #1491 of 14935/14/15 at 8:38pmpost #1492 of 14935/14/15 at 10:21pm
Here my latest acquisition! Been after these for a while now. Direct from GREECE, they are made in Japan .. Audio Sonic AS-8000.. I'd like to post a picture but for some reason it says I don't have the proper permission? Oh, that's Mil Mascaras (Classic Luchador) on my mannequin head lol!post #1493 of 14935/14/15 at 10:36pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance HiFi-M8 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 4 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › Will a separate sound card make a noticable difference? 7 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2