Looks like a variant of the Sawafuji SF-17: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sawafuji_SF-17
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 8:46 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 97post #1441 of 14512/28/15 at 5:08pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 14512/28/15 at 6:00pm
Okay found these Zenith headphones at a local Restore store. Cant find anything about them online, dont know the model number, and cannot figure out how to open them up. The cable is spotty so I'd like to fix them. Sound is decent....
Anyone know these?post #1443 of 14513/1/15 at 1:36am
I've seen them under other names like 'Watson'.
I tried out the other one I saw and thought they sounded like poop. Just a cheap cone driver inside.
The build felt really nice though with the pressed aluminium shell.
I guess you need to have a little look under the earpads for some screws to open them. That's how it usually goes.post #1444 of 14513/1/15 at 8:17am
yeah I'm sure they're a cheapie. These have the Zenith name on them....
they deffly do not compare with my Sennheissers and Audio Technicas, nor my daughter's Bluedios for that matter....
So to get at the screws I would have to remove the ear pads, which are glued on? After which I would need to re-adhesive'ize back on?
thankspost #1445 of 14513/1/15 at 8:24am
Normally the pads are just stuck on with strong double sided tape type stuff, which just requires a bit of patience.
If they are actually glued on (which is really unusual as glue = more time and money for manufactuers) then you risk destroying the pads when removing them.post #1446 of 14513/1/15 at 5:21pmpost #1447 of 14513/2/15 at 12:25amQuote:Originally Posted by PhineasPhreak
There... cleaned it up for youpost #1448 of 14513/2/15 at 9:50pm
^ I tried those too before ( copied the relevant url out ) oh well...must be a linux issue here or copied link on top of highlighted? Anyhow: glad you posted those pictures up thanks. Like that green.
"Flat Wave" is a new name for the driver to me, I think it sounds good.
Edited by nick n - 3/2/15 at 10:14pmpost #1449 of 14513/3/15 at 12:03am
Wow, GREQ... those earpads really did the trick.
For those who are confused: I bought a Pioneer SE-450 from GREQ for the earpads, which are identical to the pads from the Monitor 10-II. My pads were really badly flattened and didn't seal well at all. First I tried just swapping the pads... this made them sound almost identical to the NOS pair I used to have. Which is to say, better, but still has some of the same issues as before (weird holes and peaks in the FR, some ringing).
After that, I sandwiched them together overtop of the stock pads instead... oh lord. The already great soundstage has at least doubled in size, and the linearity problems in the FR seem to be gone. Additionally, the bass is even more massive, and still amazingly clean and clear... Like right now these are literal subwoofers. They are pushing more bass than Beats, with less distortion than the LCD-2... and yet they still maintain their clarity and separation. It doesn't bleed or overwhelm at all. It's just a massage. I have literally never heard anything like this.
More tomorrow when it's not 3 AM.post #1450 of 14513/3/15 at 12:29am
I was wondering yesterday if and when you would get the parts. Glad to hear it wasn't a wasted journey across the Atlantic.
Not sure if I mentioned it already, but the 'tears' on the back of the ear pads are not tears, but where they used the double-sided tape to 'seal' the pads where the material overlaps at the back.
So there should be quite some life left in them if you seal up the backs of the pads properly where the tape tore.post #1451 of 14513/5/15 at 10:08am
Thanks! Didn't know it would show up like that. The moderator had to approve my post so I had no idea how it would show up. Picture uploader on here wouldn't work for me either so I just used the Photobucket links.
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Earwerkz Supra 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 12 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2