Can't say, never heard the 'man. They may have cleaner treble. Frankly I too am worried by the Unipolar's modded wiring, so I don't use them so much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 92
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1367 of 137310/13/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
After electrocuting myself on a Stax SR-3 (only a little buzz while messing around with the open drivers) I suddenly noticed how uncomfortable I was with the whole idea.post #1368 of 137310/13/14 at 5:37pmpost #1369 of 137310/13/14 at 6:41pmQuote:
Rumour has it the charge leaks out over time. God help you if it leaks into your earspost #1370 of 137310/13/14 at 7:01pmQuote:
AHEM. oops sorry forgot about that part in my enthusiasm.post #1371 of 137310/13/14 at 8:04pm
The Stax are tiny little things, I wouldn't worry about them. Wrap the Unipolar's bare, face-sized drivers with partly-exposed wire running all over around your head - that's a different thing. But they sound better than the SR-5, anyway, so maybe it's worth it.post #1372 of 137310/14/14 at 12:26am
First I have to compete with the over-enthusiastic German headphone community... good 'vintage' senns have gone for stupid prices recently... heaven forbid you try to bid on anything with it's original box.
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 23 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Piano Forte X-G **Mint Condition 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 4 minutes ago
- › Korina/White Limba RS1-style Grado Cups 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for Help/Reviews with Buysonic.com 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Over the ear IEM's that can take a beating, $100 max 7 minutes ago
- › More melodic version of Autechre? 8 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)