Can't say, never heard the 'man. They may have cleaner treble. Frankly I too am worried by the Unipolar's modded wiring, so I don't use them so much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 92
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1367 of 137610/13/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
After electrocuting myself on a Stax SR-3 (only a little buzz while messing around with the open drivers) I suddenly noticed how uncomfortable I was with the whole idea.post #1368 of 137610/13/14 at 5:37pmpost #1369 of 137610/13/14 at 6:41pmQuote:
Rumour has it the charge leaks out over time. God help you if it leaks into your earspost #1370 of 137610/13/14 at 7:01pmQuote:
AHEM. oops sorry forgot about that part in my enthusiasm.post #1371 of 137610/13/14 at 8:04pm
The Stax are tiny little things, I wouldn't worry about them. Wrap the Unipolar's bare, face-sized drivers with partly-exposed wire running all over around your head - that's a different thing. But they sound better than the SR-5, anyway, so maybe it's worth it.post #1372 of 137610/14/14 at 12:26am
First I have to compete with the over-enthusiastic German headphone community... good 'vintage' senns have gone for stupid prices recently... heaven forbid you try to bid on anything with it's original box.post #1373 of 137610/14/14 at 12:54pmpost #1374 of 137612/6/14 at 12:26pm
More old monitors.
Sansui SS-35. Should be arriving soon.
They have two sets of earpads, which is very intriguing. I thought this was just for isolation at first, until I found this picture:
It looks like half of the cup assembly detaches, which turns them from circum-aural into supra-aural. That makes these the first "convertible" headphones I've ever seen.
I also have a Beyerdynamic DT48 S and a DT48 A coming to me from overseas thanks to a very generous friend. Will post pictures when I have them. Holy ****, they arrived halfway through me typing this. The DT48A is in pieces so I'll forego pictures on that, but I'll take pictures of the S right away.post #1375 of 137612/7/14 at 4:29ampost #1376 of 137612/7/14 at 5:46amQuote:
wow, that's lucky.
I've got a job, a family to look after and several other hobbies to cater for.
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 14 seconds ago
- › Redirecting to ad sites in chrome on android 2 minutes ago
- › Akihabara Tokyo e-Earphone Winter Festival 2014 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New here and also need a recommendation for headphones for metal 6 minutes ago
- › HDtracks & Arcam Holiday Giveaway 6 minutes ago
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)