Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 88
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1307 of 13188/23/14 at 7:54pmpost #1308 of 13188/23/14 at 8:21pm
I'm not 100% sure, but in the pic below I've circled a little hole I found. There are six of these surrounding the driver and when I adjust the bass selector I can see what appears to be them opening and closing. I would put my bet on that they open and close vents that change the sound signature.post #1309 of 13188/24/14 at 12:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Negative818
I'm not 100% sure, but in the pic below I've circled a little hole I found. There are six of these surrounding the driver and when I adjust the bass selector I can see what appears to be them opening and closing. I would put my bet on that they open and close vents that change the sound signature.
This is correct.
Grado modders (for example) have been popping holes in the vent fabric for years to get more bass out of them.
But the same method works with almost all dynamic drivers as all mostly follow this design principle.
I've successfully tuned a small number of dynamics with varying amounts of damping materials and semi-permeable fabrics etc.post #1310 of 13188/29/14 at 6:27amThread Starterpost #1311 of 13188/29/14 at 7:21amQuote:
Ooh ooh! Where did you get those pads?post #1312 of 13188/29/14 at 7:26amThread Starterpost #1313 of 13188/29/14 at 9:02ampost #1314 of 13188/29/14 at 9:10ampost #1315 of 13188/29/14 at 6:03pmpost #1316 of 13188/29/14 at 11:33pm
probably velour to absorb some of that ortho bass bloom and bring out the treble
assuming you're not doing anything to the interior of coursepost #1317 of 13188/30/14 at 9:29amQuote:
The pads that were on there were beat.
Since they were cheap and handy I put on Koss foam pads, which were of course too thick. Then I cut those in half and created an egg crate foam. They are comfortable but look ridiculous, there has to be a better way. The sound is decent but with some leakage.post #1318 of 13188/30/14 at 10:53am
I think another T10 owner was using XB300 replacement pads - http://www.ebay.de/itm/Replacement-Ear-Pads-Cushion-Covers-For-SONY-MDR-XB300-XB-300-Headphones-/251398588209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a88860731
But I'm not 100% sure that's a thing, or a good idea!
Personally I think the T10 bass is great, bloom and all. These might give them a bit of extra thunder!
EDIT - Actually, I think I'll give these a go. They're only 2mm over-sized and my ONLY problem I have with these headphones is comfort, so if you're happy to you can wait for my feedback (hopefully in a week or so) but I'm sure someone else will chime in too by then.
My earpads are still in 'fair' condition, but that's another good reason to preserve them.
Edited by GREQ - Today at 11:00 am
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Recommendations - Over ears with isolation or noise cancelation as... 24 seconds ago
- › FS: Headamp Pico DAC (Black) 34 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z1000 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Sony XB-1000 [NA] 5 minutes ago
- › ASTRO MIXAMP PRO 2011 version 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Brand new BLOX BE5, will ship worldwide 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)