Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your vintage headphones!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 73

post #1081 of 1852
This got from parents my wife when was young (she is still young :-).
It was in 80´s and it was here real HiFi. I found it at Attic for this thread.
I tried it now - it hurts to head :-))) so I did not try plug it to player. I is not easy because there is DIN connector...
Made in Germany. Once upon time East Germany.






post #1082 of 1852

You should definitely try them out.

Just search on ebay for a cheap  DIN adapter or "Würfelstecker" (dice plug).

post #1083 of 1852

heck YES ....been curious about these things for a while now, not too common.

post #1084 of 1852

NLNH helped me buy a Pickering OA-7 in great condition and I picked it up last Sunday. Me being me, I had to disassemble it...

Process (Click to show)

Just a pic showing how beautiful it looks.

Pads are glued on...fun.

After I took them off. Glue stains and disintegrating foam.

Baffles, also coated with glue stains.

The baffles supposedly twist out of the cups, but I had to lift the metal tabs before prying them off as they were stuck.

Picture of the driver glued onto the baffle.

Going around the edges of the driver with a craft knife freed it from the baffle.

Removed the drivers and taped them over in case I want to reverse this.

Cleaned the glue off the pads and baffles with a glue solvent.

Multicoloured pads, yay!

post #1085 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

NLNH helped me buy a Pickering OA-7 in great condition and I picked it up last Sunday. Me being me, I had to disassemble it...

Process (Click to show)

Just a pic showing how beautiful it looks.

Pads are glued on...fun.

After I took them off. Glue stains and disintegrating foam.

Baffles, also coated with glue stains.

The baffles supposedly twist out of the cups, but I had to lift the metal tabs before prying them off as they were stuck.

Picture of the driver glued onto the baffle.

Going around the edges of the driver with a craft knife freed it from the baffle.

Removed the drivers and taped them over in case I want to reverse this.

Cleaned the glue off the pads and baffles with a glue solvent.

Multicoloured pads, yay!

... Um, why the hell is there a wood texture on the baffle plate, inside the headphone, where it's COMPLETELY invisible?

post #1086 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

... Um, why the hell is there a wood texture on the baffle plate, inside the headphone, where it's COMPLETELY invisible?

Pickering be trolling Takato before it was cool.

Hipster much.

post #1087 of 1852

So the wooden decal was so obscure, you probably wouldn't have known about it....?:wink_face:

post #1088 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

... Um, why the hell is there a wood texture on the baffle plate, inside the headphone, where it's COMPLETELY invisible?

Black Voodoo Magicks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

Pickering be trolling Takato before it was cool.

Hipster much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

So the wooden decal was so obscure, you probably wouldn't have known about it....?:wink_face:

Pickeringus trollus ultimatus!

post #1089 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

... Um, why the hell is there a wood texture on the baffle plate, inside the headphone, where it's COMPLETELY invisible?

Pickering be trolling Takato before it was cool.

Hipster much.


Edited by takato14 - 4/3/14 at 10:27pm
post #1090 of 1852

Just bought a pair of completely unknown vintage headphones on ebay. Got them purely because of the beautifully machined cups. 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Gotta find a new headband for them though as the current one is ugly as sin.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #1091 of 1852

ohohohoh you got those ! NICE those are seriously stylin'

They come up the odd time though not often. Make sure to try them before you rip the things apart, they just might be keepers as-is.

There was a set same as these under the "Cherry" brand if I recall also.

 

What's wrong with that headband??? ( keep it simple )

It even has space for a custom decal overlay!

 

Be sure to check in on these I have come close more than once , very tempting.

And seriously CONGRATULATIONS, at least I am hyped.


Edited by nick n - 4/6/14 at 6:58pm
post #1092 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

ohohohoh you got those ! NICE those are seriously stylin'

They come up the odd time though not often. Make sure to try them before you rip the things apart, they just might be keepers as-is.

There was a set same as these under the "Cherry" brand if I recall also.

 

What's wrong with that headband??? ( keep it simple )

It even has space for a custom decal overlay!

 

Be sure to check in on these I have come close more than once , very tempting.

And CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks :o what do they usually list as? I bought mine for $81.77 (including shipping to HK which costed $31.78) and I plan to do something like a dynamat mod or something if they don't sound good.

 

I don't particularly like the thin metal gimbals or the bulbous headband :p 

post #1093 of 1852

that seems about right from memory here.

 Especially with the HK shipping.

post #1094 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Dear God that is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen

post #1095 of 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

Dear God that is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen

Now let us together hope that the sound quality matches the beauty and that it arrives ASAP and then I will be happy happy happy :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Show us your vintage headphones!