To be fare I would shell out close to that amount if they were in that good of condition. My Z7 cost me 150.00 back then and it was in fair condition for its age. Have you seen the insane prices some Sansui and Aiwa orthos fetch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1052 of 13432/1/14 at 12:06pmQuote:
That's exactly the problem.
Prices are going up to ridiculous amounts because there are so many 'willing' to pay those amounts, for both brand new and vintage headphones.post #1053 of 13432/1/14 at 11:45pmpost #1054 of 13432/2/14 at 4:00amQuote:
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.post #1055 of 13432/2/14 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Tiemen
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.
Then add import tax. Seems legit.post #1056 of 13432/2/14 at 9:33pmpost #1057 of 13432/2/14 at 10:32pmQuote:
The Zs are very heavy and he packaged them very well (per my request of course). So yeah, +1.
But also if I may interject, this thread is for showing people pictures of the vintage headphone(s) you own, and while I agree with most of the statements made about the exorbitant prices people tend to pay for headphones, I do not believe this is the place to discuss it.
Here they are, the DR-Z trio, together at last. No fancy case for the Z5 as it never had one.
And here are their drivers, from left to right: Z5, Z6, Z7:post #1058 of 13433/1/14 at 9:49pm
Here's another beauty: a pristine Pioneer SE-6.
Extremely comfy, huge soundstage, great dynamics.
Detachable cups <3
Lots of metal on these.
Just look at those pads. Perfect.
I also have a much better sounding Pioneer Monitor 10 (but in much worse shape.)
This is my mod to make them less evil comfort-wise.post #1059 of 13433/3/14 at 2:18pmpost #1060 of 13433/7/14 at 4:06pm
That is simply an old donut bag, DefQon. It holds pennies now. You're still free to eat them if you so choose.
In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this rarity:
Very scarce, this beast. It's supposed to sound incredible. We shall see soon enough...post #1061 of 13433/13/14 at 10:11ampost #1062 of 13433/13/14 at 5:19pmpost #1063 of 13433/13/14 at 5:30pm
He doesn't have them. They're on eBay for way too much at the moment. Based on the enclosure they look like an OEM of one of the flat Dero 'phones, which means the sound is average at best. Probably closer to mediocre to be honest.post #1064 of 13433/13/14 at 5:49pmpost #1065 of 13433/13/14 at 11:42pm
SAE apparently have a small audiophile following in America, but they seem to be pretty much unknown elsewhere.
I wish another listing popped up for those cans for about 1/3 to 1/4 the price, because then I would immediately snap them up just to listen to how they sound...and then start modding them.
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 26 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 39 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM64 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)