To be fare I would shell out close to that amount if they were in that good of condition. My Z7 cost me 150.00 back then and it was in fair condition for its age. Have you seen the insane prices some Sansui and Aiwa orthos fetch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 3:08 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1052 of 18362/1/14 at 12:06pmQuote:
That's exactly the problem.
Prices are going up to ridiculous amounts because there are so many 'willing' to pay those amounts, for both brand new and vintage headphones.post #1053 of 18362/1/14 at 11:45pmpost #1054 of 18362/2/14 at 4:00amQuote:
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.post #1055 of 18362/2/14 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Tiemen
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.
Then add import tax. Seems legit.post #1056 of 18362/2/14 at 9:33pmpost #1057 of 18362/2/14 at 10:32pmQuote:
The Zs are very heavy and he packaged them very well (per my request of course). So yeah, +1.
But also if I may interject, this thread is for showing people pictures of the vintage headphone(s) you own, and while I agree with most of the statements made about the exorbitant prices people tend to pay for headphones, I do not believe this is the place to discuss it.
Here they are, the DR-Z trio, together at last. No fancy case for the Z5 as it never had one.
And here are their drivers, from left to right: Z5, Z6, Z7:post #1058 of 18363/1/14 at 9:49pm
Here's another beauty: a pristine Pioneer SE-6.
Extremely comfy, huge soundstage, great dynamics.
Detachable cups <3
Lots of metal on these.
Just look at those pads. Perfect.
I also have a much better sounding Pioneer Monitor 10 (but in much worse shape.)
This is my mod to make them less evil comfort-wise.post #1059 of 18363/3/14 at 2:18pmpost #1060 of 18363/7/14 at 4:06pm
That is simply an old donut bag, DefQon. It holds pennies now. You're still free to eat them if you so choose.
In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this rarity:
Very scarce, this beast. It's supposed to sound incredible. We shall see soon enough...post #1061 of 18363/13/14 at 10:11am
Found these on a listing on ebay. Bloody hell they look beautiful.
Also, these don't look half-bad either.
Edited by BucketInABucket - 3/13/14 at 10:14ampost #1062 of 18363/13/14 at 5:19pmpost #1063 of 18363/13/14 at 5:30pm
He doesn't have them. They're on eBay for way too much at the moment. Based on the enclosure they look like an OEM of one of the flat Dero 'phones, which means the sound is average at best. Probably closer to mediocre to be honest.post #1064 of 18363/13/14 at 5:49pmpost #1065 of 18363/13/14 at 11:42pm
SAE apparently have a small audiophile following in America, but they seem to be pretty much unknown elsewhere.
I wish another listing popped up for those cans for about 1/3 to 1/4 the price, because then I would immediately snap them up just to listen to how they sound...and then start modding them.
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › SennGrado Thread 1 minute ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 8 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 10 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 11 minutes ago
- › Cyrus SoundKey portable DAC 12 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 14 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear