To be fare I would shell out close to that amount if they were in that good of condition. My Z7 cost me 150.00 back then and it was in fair condition for its age. Have you seen the insane prices some Sansui and Aiwa orthos fetch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1052 of 10602/1/14 at 12:06pmQuote:
That's exactly the problem.
Prices are going up to ridiculous amounts because there are so many 'willing' to pay those amounts, for both brand new and vintage headphones.post #1053 of 10602/1/14 at 11:45pmpost #1054 of 10602/2/14 at 4:00amQuote:
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.post #1055 of 10602/2/14 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Tiemen
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.
Then add import tax. Seems legit.post #1056 of 10602/2/14 at 9:33pmpost #1057 of 10602/2/14 at 10:32pmQuote:
The Zs are very heavy and he packaged them very well (per my request of course). So yeah, +1.
But also if I may interject, this thread is for showing people pictures of the vintage headphone(s) you own, and while I agree with most of the statements made about the exorbitant prices people tend to pay for headphones, I do not believe this is the place to discuss it.
Here they are, the DR-Z trio, together at last. No fancy case for the Z5 as it never had one.
And here are their drivers, from left to right: Z5, Z6, Z7:post #1058 of 10603/1/14 at 9:49pm
Here's another beauty: a pristine Pioneer SE-6.
Extremely comfy, huge soundstage, great dynamics.
Detachable cups <3
Lots of metal on these.
Just look at those pads. Perfect.
I also have a much better sounding Pioneer Monitor 10 (but in much worse shape.)
This is my mod to make them less evil comfort-wise.post #1059 of 10603/3/14 at 2:18pmpost #1060 of 10603/7/14 at 4:06pm
That is simply an old donut bag, DefQon. It holds pennies now. You're still free to eat them if you so choose.
In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this rarity:
Very scarce, this beast. It's supposed to sound incredible. We shall see soon enough...
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 second ago
- › Vsonic are working on two SHURE like IEMs 10 seconds ago
- › Audeze Headphones Available For Demonstration | London, UK 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › External DAC instead of sound card? 9 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude