To be fare I would shell out close to that amount if they were in that good of condition. My Z7 cost me 150.00 back then and it was in fair condition for its age. Have you seen the insane prices some Sansui and Aiwa orthos fetch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1052 of 10962/1/14 at 12:06pmQuote:
That's exactly the problem.
Prices are going up to ridiculous amounts because there are so many 'willing' to pay those amounts, for both brand new and vintage headphones.post #1053 of 10962/1/14 at 11:45pmpost #1054 of 10962/2/14 at 4:00amQuote:
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.post #1055 of 10962/2/14 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Tiemen
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.
Then add import tax. Seems legit.post #1056 of 10962/2/14 at 9:33pmpost #1057 of 10962/2/14 at 10:32pmQuote:
The Zs are very heavy and he packaged them very well (per my request of course). So yeah, +1.
But also if I may interject, this thread is for showing people pictures of the vintage headphone(s) you own, and while I agree with most of the statements made about the exorbitant prices people tend to pay for headphones, I do not believe this is the place to discuss it.
Here they are, the DR-Z trio, together at last. No fancy case for the Z5 as it never had one.
And here are their drivers, from left to right: Z5, Z6, Z7:post #1058 of 10963/1/14 at 9:49pm
Here's another beauty: a pristine Pioneer SE-6.
Extremely comfy, huge soundstage, great dynamics.
Detachable cups <3
Lots of metal on these.
Just look at those pads. Perfect.
I also have a much better sounding Pioneer Monitor 10 (but in much worse shape.)
This is my mod to make them less evil comfort-wise.post #1059 of 10963/3/14 at 2:18pmpost #1060 of 10963/7/14 at 4:06pm
That is simply an old donut bag, DefQon. It holds pennies now. You're still free to eat them if you so choose.
In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this rarity:
Very scarce, this beast. It's supposed to sound incredible. We shall see soon enough...post #1061 of 10963/13/14 at 10:11ampost #1062 of 10963/13/14 at 5:19pmpost #1063 of 10963/13/14 at 5:30pm
He doesn't have them. They're on eBay for way too much at the moment. Based on the enclosure they look like an OEM of one of the flat Dero 'phones, which means the sound is average at best. Probably closer to mediocre to be honest.post #1064 of 10963/13/14 at 5:49pmpost #1065 of 10963/13/14 at 11:42pm
SAE apparently have a small audiophile following in America, but they seem to be pretty much unknown elsewhere.
I wish another listing popped up for those cans for about 1/3 to 1/4 the price, because then I would immediately snap them up just to listen to how they sound...and then start modding them.
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 37 seconds ago
- › V-Moda XS Review!- Fantastic all arounder= small, comfortable,... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Alpha Dog black 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 6 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 7 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude