To be fare I would shell out close to that amount if they were in that good of condition. My Z7 cost me 150.00 back then and it was in fair condition for its age. Have you seen the insane prices some Sansui and Aiwa orthos fetch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 5:53 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 71
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1052 of 15672/1/14 at 12:06pmQuote:
That's exactly the problem.
Prices are going up to ridiculous amounts because there are so many 'willing' to pay those amounts, for both brand new and vintage headphones.post #1053 of 15672/1/14 at 11:45pmpost #1054 of 15672/2/14 at 4:00amQuote:
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.post #1055 of 15672/2/14 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Tiemen
That's strange. Insured for 500,- Euro and with tracking, shipping worldwide form the Netherlands is € 24,30 Euro. Which is max $ 35,- US.
Then add import tax. Seems legit.post #1056 of 15672/2/14 at 9:33pmpost #1057 of 15672/2/14 at 10:32pmQuote:
The Zs are very heavy and he packaged them very well (per my request of course). So yeah, +1.
But also if I may interject, this thread is for showing people pictures of the vintage headphone(s) you own, and while I agree with most of the statements made about the exorbitant prices people tend to pay for headphones, I do not believe this is the place to discuss it.
Here they are, the DR-Z trio, together at last. No fancy case for the Z5 as it never had one.
And here are their drivers, from left to right: Z5, Z6, Z7:post #1058 of 15673/1/14 at 9:49pm
Here's another beauty: a pristine Pioneer SE-6.
Extremely comfy, huge soundstage, great dynamics.
Detachable cups <3
Lots of metal on these.
Just look at those pads. Perfect.
I also have a much better sounding Pioneer Monitor 10 (but in much worse shape.)
This is my mod to make them less evil comfort-wise.post #1059 of 15673/3/14 at 2:18pmpost #1060 of 15673/7/14 at 4:06pm
That is simply an old donut bag, DefQon. It holds pennies now. You're still free to eat them if you so choose.
In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of this rarity:
Very scarce, this beast. It's supposed to sound incredible. We shall see soon enough...post #1061 of 15673/13/14 at 10:11ampost #1062 of 15673/13/14 at 5:19pmpost #1063 of 15673/13/14 at 5:30pm
He doesn't have them. They're on eBay for way too much at the moment. Based on the enclosure they look like an OEM of one of the flat Dero 'phones, which means the sound is average at best. Probably closer to mediocre to be honest.post #1064 of 15673/13/14 at 5:49pmpost #1065 of 15673/13/14 at 11:42pm
SAE apparently have a small audiophile following in America, but they seem to be pretty much unknown elsewhere.
I wish another listing popped up for those cans for about 1/3 to 1/4 the price, because then I would immediately snap them up just to listen to how they sound...and then start modding them.
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 58 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 4 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › [Review] Encore RockMaster OE (Over-Ear) - a superb $30 budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2