Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 11:33 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 8post #106 of 17076/3/10 at 11:43ampost #107 of 17076/3/10 at 11:48ampost #108 of 17076/3/10 at 12:14pm
For some reason I thought they were supposed to be velour. I wouldn't know since I've never seen one... Now that you mention it, they seem a bit flat too. They could look a lot worse though. It could also be the bitterness talking.post #109 of 17076/3/10 at 2:50pmpost #110 of 17076/19/10 at 3:30pmThread Starter
here's a real oldie .. Sony DR-5A. shows up in late sixties sony catalogs. riveted together- typical 60's construction. bright, detailed, but little bass. steel headband and yokes, braided cable, but light weight plastic cupspost #111 of 17076/19/10 at 6:51pm
Those headphones or a ortho fan boys wet dream. I got my 50's NAGRA repaired & recabled, & ready to take on the world baby!!
post #112 of 17076/19/10 at 11:29pm
oh my! K1's? I didn't even know they existed. Those look sweet! Amazing headband design they should bring those back. Along with all their other good phones.post #113 of 17077/3/10 at 1:15pmpost #114 of 17077/8/10 at 4:50ampost #115 of 17077/8/10 at 4:53ampost #116 of 17077/17/10 at 5:03ampost #117 of 17077/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #118 of 17077/18/10 at 4:18pm
those Akg K1 are sooo nice..
keep drooling over the headband :P
Googling for some modern nice materials(carbonfibre?) and some nice phones,or just drivers.
Then I´m heading to the shed to trying to copy that headband and make a sleek portable HP :)post #119 of 17077/18/10 at 8:03pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › How does the Warranty work in the US, legally speaking? Can a... 31 seconds ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 1 minute ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 4 minutes ago
- › Trying to buy a good pair of headphones. Wasted a lot of money and... 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 7 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 9 minutes ago
- › MANDARINES foam ear tips...... perfection 13 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 14 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...