Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Today at 4:55 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 8post #106 of 15666/3/10 at 11:43am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 15666/3/10 at 11:48ampost #108 of 15666/3/10 at 12:14pm
For some reason I thought they were supposed to be velour. I wouldn't know since I've never seen one... Now that you mention it, they seem a bit flat too. They could look a lot worse though. It could also be the bitterness talking.post #109 of 15666/3/10 at 2:50pmpost #110 of 15666/19/10 at 3:30pmThread Starter
here's a real oldie .. Sony DR-5A. shows up in late sixties sony catalogs. riveted together- typical 60's construction. bright, detailed, but little bass. steel headband and yokes, braided cable, but light weight plastic cupspost #111 of 15666/19/10 at 6:51pm
Those headphones or a ortho fan boys wet dream. I got my 50's NAGRA repaired & recabled, & ready to take on the world baby!!
post #112 of 15666/19/10 at 11:29pm
oh my! K1's? I didn't even know they existed. Those look sweet! Amazing headband design they should bring those back. Along with all their other good phones.post #113 of 15667/3/10 at 1:15pmpost #114 of 15667/8/10 at 4:50ampost #115 of 15667/8/10 at 4:53ampost #116 of 15667/17/10 at 5:03ampost #117 of 15667/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #118 of 15667/18/10 at 4:18pm
those Akg K1 are sooo nice..
keep drooling over the headband :P
Googling for some modern nice materials(carbonfibre?) and some nice phones,or just drivers.
Then I´m heading to the shed to trying to copy that headband and make a sleek portable HP :)post #119 of 15667/18/10 at 8:03pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Have you ever met anyone on here who resorts to name calling? 25 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALO International+ Optical Edition (1 month old) 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW (in progress) - Nuforce HDP 24/96 USB-Optical 24/192 Coax... 1 minute ago
- › help!!! portable version of grado? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › PC Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Z series not working with... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3