Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
Show us your vintage headphones! - Page 8post #106 of 10306/3/10 at 11:43am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 10306/3/10 at 11:48ampost #108 of 10306/3/10 at 12:14pm
For some reason I thought they were supposed to be velour. I wouldn't know since I've never seen one... Now that you mention it, they seem a bit flat too. They could look a lot worse though. It could also be the bitterness talking.post #109 of 10306/3/10 at 2:50pmpost #110 of 10306/19/10 at 3:30pmThread Starter
here's a real oldie .. Sony DR-5A. shows up in late sixties sony catalogs. riveted together- typical 60's construction. bright, detailed, but little bass. steel headband and yokes, braided cable, but light weight plastic cupspost #111 of 10306/19/10 at 6:51pm
Those headphones or a ortho fan boys wet dream. I got my 50's NAGRA repaired & recabled, & ready to take on the world baby!!
post #112 of 10306/19/10 at 11:29pm
oh my! K1's? I didn't even know they existed. Those look sweet! Amazing headband design they should bring those back. Along with all their other good phones.post #113 of 10307/3/10 at 1:15pmpost #114 of 10307/8/10 at 4:50ampost #115 of 10307/8/10 at 4:53ampost #116 of 10307/17/10 at 5:03ampost #117 of 10307/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #118 of 10307/18/10 at 4:18pm
those Akg K1 are sooo nice..
keep drooling over the headband :P
Googling for some modern nice materials(carbonfibre?) and some nice phones,or just drivers.
Then I´m heading to the shed to trying to copy that headband and make a sleek portable HP :)post #119 of 10307/18/10 at 8:03pm
- Show us your vintage headphones!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 50 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 53 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Download Frozen 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Comparison of Sennheiser Amperior, Beyerdynamic DT-1350, Martin... 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe