New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

silvercore

post #1 of 161
Thread Starter 
just got one of the best headphone amps on this planet from the German
manufacturer Silvercore.Handbuild silver wired.These are huge amps.Picture you see on this link and you see 812A tubes on it

Flickr: Search ricochet9's photostream

I will in the near future test these amps with Ultrasone 8 and Grado gs 1000
and maybe with Sennheiser HD-800
post #2 of 161
Wow. They're pretty.

Price?
post #3 of 161
Very cool! But a little annoying that the headphone jack is in the back for those like myself who switch headphones frequently.

Would love to see some internal pictures. Shiny case, but what's inside?
post #4 of 161
Thread Starter 
price is about 4200 euros
post #5 of 161
Pricey.....and awkward!
post #6 of 161
nothing a nice cardas headphone cable extender can't solve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 View Post
Very cool! But a little annoying that the headphone jack is in the back for those like myself who switch headphones frequently.

Would love to see some internal pictures. Shiny case, but what's inside?
post #7 of 161
So shiny... *drool*
post #8 of 161
Thread Starter 
First impressions listening with Grado GS-1000 "some first thoughts"

I was several years owner of Sennheiser Orpheus and have listening experience

almost 30 years with huge amount of headphones and amps including Stax etc.

SILVERCORE 812A is:

huge soundstage (extremely huge!)

colourful ( i dont mean tube colour) Orpheus has tube colour

very balanced

smooth and detailed

separation of instruments and 3 D the best i have ever heard

this amp gives the feeling of very lifelike presentation , the feeling to be "there".

the soundstage is so huge that the performance is not on your left or right side it is

straight ahead of you.I was listening a day ago to Omega 2 with tube amp ,its smooth

but i dont know if its lifelike.This so far....
post #9 of 161
why did you get rid of your orpheus?
post #10 of 161
Two nice looking boxes there. I suppose it's stereo then?
(do both boxes belong to the amp?)

I also would like to have a picture from inside the great looking boxes.
post #11 of 161
Thread Starter 
All the boxes are one amp and they are heavy.
This amp is special edition from 812A that they offer.
Go to Willkommen auf der Startseite von SILVERCORE.de you can see some pictures.
post #12 of 161
No pictures from the insides of the boxes? I coulnd't see any.
Also, on the unit that looks like yours, it says something about 150 ohm for headphones. What's up wiht that?
post #13 of 161
That Custom 100TH also has a headphone socket
post #14 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent View Post
No pictures from the insides of the boxes? I coulnd't see any.
Also, on the unit that looks like yours, it says something about 150 ohm for headphones. What's up wiht that?
One thing I learned here at Head-Fi, especially with products from HeadAmp and Single Power, can't just go with the impressions of the review, it's important to know what's inside the Box to truly know if it's worth XXX amount of dollars. And Audio being so subjective, when someone says I have so many years and it sounds blah blah, still has little meaning to me.
post #15 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 View Post
One thing I learned here at Head-Fi, especially with products from HeadAmp and Single Power, can't just go with the impressions of the review, it's important to know what's inside the Box to truly know if it's worth XXX amount of dollars.
This is true about Singlepower, but where did you get this information about HeadAmp? HeadAmp products are unfailingly well designed and well built.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)