- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by dbsaffor, 11/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a quick and dirty look at the YHC S600, yet another outstanding hyper-budget earphone worthy of consideration. What the S600 brings to the...
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Rotel RP-6400 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can doublecheck soon though since I just ordered a stylus as a backup for my vintage AT150ML, which I will soon be installing in place of my Grace F9e.
So apparently my father is actually using the Marantz and the KEF speakers. But he's only using it for watching TV! But I was over there tonight, and I did find the model of the speakers. They are KEF Cadenza, from 1972. Also the light in the Marantz is busted, but I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to have repaired. For now I'm ok to use the headphones most of the time, but I'll try and persuade him to trade speakers and possibly receivers as well.
As far as cartridges go, I think I can budget for a bit more than the MP-11. What would be the best bet up to $100?
It's not the end of the world if you have to use the Harman-Kardon. It's a good receiver and sonically as good as the Marantz. The tonal balance is more neutral and it's more detailed. The Marantz does have a better phono stage and is prettier when it's lit up. The light/led can be replaced as this is a common problem with vintage Marantz receivers.
I would still lean towards memepool's suggestion of the Nagaoka as your cartridge choice. It's nicely balanced. Even at $100., there's nothing I can think of that would be better.
Another choice would be the Shure M97xe. This would work with your HK receiver, but you'd feel a lack of treble detail with the Marantz, and especially using the Kefs.
The Grado Black is also a good cartridge, but I feel that the Nagaoka is better and would work better in your arm.
The AT440MLa I suggested is a brighter, more forward cartridge with a tight, lean bass. I believe this would work well with the Marantz and Kefs since they have a warmer sound (less so with the HK). You may want to read some reviews on it, since it's a love/hate kind of cartridge with very little in-between.
Rotel is made by Roland in Japan the RP-6400 was made about 1978-1981. I have had Thorens and Yamaha turntable and prefer the Rotel its a good work horse. My Thorens got repaired numerous times and the Yamaha I think P730 was very reliable but I could not replace the motor when it died.
- Rotel RP-6400
- › New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+ 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 8 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 13 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 13 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 15 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 15 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 15 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 16 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 17 minutes ago
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...