- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by dbsaffor, 11/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Rotel RP-6400 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can doublecheck soon though since I just ordered a stylus as a backup for my vintage AT150ML, which I will soon be installing in place of my Grace F9e.
So apparently my father is actually using the Marantz and the KEF speakers. But he's only using it for watching TV! But I was over there tonight, and I did find the model of the speakers. They are KEF Cadenza, from 1972. Also the light in the Marantz is busted, but I'd imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to have repaired. For now I'm ok to use the headphones most of the time, but I'll try and persuade him to trade speakers and possibly receivers as well.
As far as cartridges go, I think I can budget for a bit more than the MP-11. What would be the best bet up to $100?
It's not the end of the world if you have to use the Harman-Kardon. It's a good receiver and sonically as good as the Marantz. The tonal balance is more neutral and it's more detailed. The Marantz does have a better phono stage and is prettier when it's lit up. The light/led can be replaced as this is a common problem with vintage Marantz receivers.
I would still lean towards memepool's suggestion of the Nagaoka as your cartridge choice. It's nicely balanced. Even at $100., there's nothing I can think of that would be better.
Another choice would be the Shure M97xe. This would work with your HK receiver, but you'd feel a lack of treble detail with the Marantz, and especially using the Kefs.
The Grado Black is also a good cartridge, but I feel that the Nagaoka is better and would work better in your arm.
The AT440MLa I suggested is a brighter, more forward cartridge with a tight, lean bass. I believe this would work well with the Marantz and Kefs since they have a warmer sound (less so with the HK). You may want to read some reviews on it, since it's a love/hate kind of cartridge with very little in-between.
Rotel is made by Roland in Japan the RP-6400 was made about 1978-1981. I have had Thorens and Yamaha turntable and prefer the Rotel its a good work horse. My Thorens got repaired numerous times and the Yamaha I think P730 was very reliable but I could not replace the motor when it died.
- Rotel RP-6400
- › WTB Grado SR-60 / SR-80 / SR-125 32 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone hear these BT stereo earphones? 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3