- 21,327 Posts. Joined 5/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 vs WA6SE Last post on 4/18/12 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking For A Desktop Amp For - Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm's - Budget: $300 Last post on 4/15/11 at 5:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schitt Lyr or MAD EAR + Purist for Grado RS1 Last post on 6/18/11 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Headphone Impedance
Yaqin MS500B - 300b tube questions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have 300B and I need to use my Grado 32Ohms, need to know how the wiring to headphone.
I don;t want to try and error and damage my Grado.
Overall I think it sounds fantastic. I've been really digging the sound with my HD800's. The bass is a touch loose, but everything else sounds extremely good. I need to play around some more with my D7000's and my HD650's to see how they match. With the HD800's there is very little, if any, noise.
As a speaker amp this is a high performer. With my high efficiency Omega's it really sings. Extremely musical, nice prat, and a huge soundstage. Basically, everything I want in a good tube amp.
This amp looks promising on paper. Remote control. If the output transformer and power supplies are designed to drive speakers, can I not derive the conclusion that they are therefore over spec'd for headphone use? Are there any detailed impressions of this unit vs other well known tube headamps? e.g woo audio 300b etc. I am tempted.
Hello all! I am Peter from Belgium. I have found the same amp in Germany from a small company called destiny audio.
The amp costs only 1000€ with Shuguang 300B-98 tubes or 1100€ with the Shuguang 300BS-B tubes. On the internet I found out that the 300BS-B tubes are some of the best 300B tubes ever made.
I have asked the company by email and will drive to Germany next Saturday to pick up the amplifier. They said that they ship their products all over Europe and checking each product before. Has anyone experiences with this amplifier and the 300BS-B tubes? I am using a Sennheiser HD650.
I have purchased this amp last Saturday. It works fantastic with the headphone. I have checked a cheaper EL34 amp with headphone output but the sound with the 300B is better. Now I will have a look for good speakers for my new amp. My JBL speakers are not good enough for the low output power of the amp. I will look for a pair of used Klipsch.
To bump this thread, I just purchased the Grant Fidelity version of this amp. It has a very good reputation over at audio circle. I will primarily be using this amp with my Zu speakers. I have no idea how good the headphone output is.
As to the comments before questioning the quality of this amp. At Audiocircle it has been revealed to be a reliable amp that punches way above it's price class. Some say with some cap upgrades it is the equivalent of a $5k 300b speaker amp.
My MS-300B just went dead after a very bright light from the rectifier. I changed the stock tube with a Electro-Harmonix 5U4GB. But still no sound no nothing. The fuse is ok. I need a circuit diagram to repair the amp. Can you please email me a copy of the diagram.
My email is email@example.com. Thank you.
- Yaqin MS500B - 300b tube questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 45 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 1 minute ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help me- Pops-crackles, what usually causes them, what I can do to... 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)