- 21,462 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 vs WA6SE Last post on 4/18/12 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 4/7/11 at 11:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking For A Desktop Amp For - Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm's - Budget: $300 Last post on 4/15/11 at 5:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schitt Lyr or MAD EAR + Purist for Grado RS1 Last post on 6/18/11 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
JOINHANDMADE'S JELLY GALAXY INTRODUCTION Joinhandmade is a Vietnamese earphone maker. Its specialty is obvious: handmade electronics. To date, Joinhandmade has released two earphones as...
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
- Headphone Impedance
Yaqin MS500B - 300b tube questions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have 300B and I need to use my Grado 32Ohms, need to know how the wiring to headphone.
I don;t want to try and error and damage my Grado.
Overall I think it sounds fantastic. I've been really digging the sound with my HD800's. The bass is a touch loose, but everything else sounds extremely good. I need to play around some more with my D7000's and my HD650's to see how they match. With the HD800's there is very little, if any, noise.
As a speaker amp this is a high performer. With my high efficiency Omega's it really sings. Extremely musical, nice prat, and a huge soundstage. Basically, everything I want in a good tube amp.
This amp looks promising on paper. Remote control. If the output transformer and power supplies are designed to drive speakers, can I not derive the conclusion that they are therefore over spec'd for headphone use? Are there any detailed impressions of this unit vs other well known tube headamps? e.g woo audio 300b etc. I am tempted.
Hello all! I am Peter from Belgium. I have found the same amp in Germany from a small company called destiny audio.
The amp costs only 1000€ with Shuguang 300B-98 tubes or 1100€ with the Shuguang 300BS-B tubes. On the internet I found out that the 300BS-B tubes are some of the best 300B tubes ever made.
I have asked the company by email and will drive to Germany next Saturday to pick up the amplifier. They said that they ship their products all over Europe and checking each product before. Has anyone experiences with this amplifier and the 300BS-B tubes? I am using a Sennheiser HD650.
I have purchased this amp last Saturday. It works fantastic with the headphone. I have checked a cheaper EL34 amp with headphone output but the sound with the 300B is better. Now I will have a look for good speakers for my new amp. My JBL speakers are not good enough for the low output power of the amp. I will look for a pair of used Klipsch.
To bump this thread, I just purchased the Grant Fidelity version of this amp. It has a very good reputation over at audio circle. I will primarily be using this amp with my Zu speakers. I have no idea how good the headphone output is.
As to the comments before questioning the quality of this amp. At Audiocircle it has been revealed to be a reliable amp that punches way above it's price class. Some say with some cap upgrades it is the equivalent of a $5k 300b speaker amp.
My MS-300B just went dead after a very bright light from the rectifier. I changed the stock tube with a Electro-Harmonix 5U4GB. But still no sound no nothing. The fuse is ok. I need a circuit diagram to repair the amp. Can you please email me a copy of the diagram.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Yaqin MS500B - 300b tube questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 14 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Need IEM and Portable Headphone Amp Help 31 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)