- 21,618 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA2 vs WA6SE Last post on 4/18/12 at 11:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The best Headphone Amp under 1000usd Last post on 7/15/15 at 1:08am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking For A Desktop Amp For - Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm's - Budget: $300 Last post on 4/15/11 at 5:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schitt Lyr or MAD EAR + Purist for Grado RS1 Last post on 6/18/11 at 11:40am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
- Headphone Impedance
Yaqin MS500B - 300b tube questions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have 300B and I need to use my Grado 32Ohms, need to know how the wiring to headphone.
I don;t want to try and error and damage my Grado.
Overall I think it sounds fantastic. I've been really digging the sound with my HD800's. The bass is a touch loose, but everything else sounds extremely good. I need to play around some more with my D7000's and my HD650's to see how they match. With the HD800's there is very little, if any, noise.
As a speaker amp this is a high performer. With my high efficiency Omega's it really sings. Extremely musical, nice prat, and a huge soundstage. Basically, everything I want in a good tube amp.
This amp looks promising on paper. Remote control. If the output transformer and power supplies are designed to drive speakers, can I not derive the conclusion that they are therefore over spec'd for headphone use? Are there any detailed impressions of this unit vs other well known tube headamps? e.g woo audio 300b etc. I am tempted.
Hello all! I am Peter from Belgium. I have found the same amp in Germany from a small company called destiny audio.
The amp costs only 1000€ with Shuguang 300B-98 tubes or 1100€ with the Shuguang 300BS-B tubes. On the internet I found out that the 300BS-B tubes are some of the best 300B tubes ever made.
I have asked the company by email and will drive to Germany next Saturday to pick up the amplifier. They said that they ship their products all over Europe and checking each product before. Has anyone experiences with this amplifier and the 300BS-B tubes? I am using a Sennheiser HD650.
I have purchased this amp last Saturday. It works fantastic with the headphone. I have checked a cheaper EL34 amp with headphone output but the sound with the 300B is better. Now I will have a look for good speakers for my new amp. My JBL speakers are not good enough for the low output power of the amp. I will look for a pair of used Klipsch.
To bump this thread, I just purchased the Grant Fidelity version of this amp. It has a very good reputation over at audio circle. I will primarily be using this amp with my Zu speakers. I have no idea how good the headphone output is.
As to the comments before questioning the quality of this amp. At Audiocircle it has been revealed to be a reliable amp that punches way above it's price class. Some say with some cap upgrades it is the equivalent of a $5k 300b speaker amp.
My MS-300B just went dead after a very bright light from the rectifier. I changed the stock tube with a Electro-Harmonix 5U4GB. But still no sound no nothing. The fuse is ok. I need a circuit diagram to repair the amp. Can you please email me a copy of the diagram.
My email is email@example.com. Thank you.
- Yaqin MS500B - 300b tube questions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 10 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 18 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 48 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 1 minute ago
- › Accidentally took my SE215s through a week of hillwalking in... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DacMagic 100 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 29TH/30TH 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases EX1 Aerospace Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3