- 19 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 8/26/10
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 8/26/10
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- which Grado? Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] Last post on 5/20/14 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide - Grado GS-1000 or Grado PS-500 Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS propost #1 of 114/10/09 at 5:41amThread StarterHave anyone compared their MS1000 with the high end grados? Is the MS1000 a good contender? or the MS1000 sound just another sub 400 range can?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 114/10/09 at 6:34amI have both the gs1000i and ms1000 and to my ears the gs1000i is much more refined.
However, for the build cost of about $180 USD for the ms1000 it is a very nice phone.
I'm working on a comparison of those two right now and may have an rs1i to throw in the mix soon.post #3 of 114/10/09 at 6:48ampost #4 of 114/10/09 at 7:06ampost #5 of 114/10/09 at 8:10pmAn Ms1k is a fine improvement for the MS1 but the mod doesn't lift it up onto a much higher level.
The next step is a modded MsPro aka MsUltimate and this one is better than GS1000 imho.post #6 of 114/11/09 at 8:41amThread Starterpost #7 of 114/11/09 at 5:41pmpost #8 of 114/11/09 at 6:03pm...give me a little time though... Next two weeks are finals.
This gives me lots of time for casual listening. Afterward I will try to focus on comparisons.post #9 of 116/9/09 at 6:01ampost #10 of 118/26/10 at 2:48ampost #11 of 118/26/10 at 4:05am
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2477 Active Users (477 Members and 2000 Guests)
- › What IEM does $550 get me? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions, appreciations, and cake (not included) 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 7 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 8 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)