- 554 Posts. Joined 2/2008
- Location: Marion, Indiana
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- best on ear portable headphone for trance, rock and pop music? 200-300$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
I am penning down my opinion about the QLS QA360 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts...
HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-) - Page 3post #31 of 4711/28/09 at 1:44amI'm thinking about buying an ESW9 and have been researching, and this thread worries me. Would you guys say this phone is rather fragile?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4711/28/09 at 8:54amThread StarterIt's not a headphone, you can just throw in a bag and then throw your bag around and sit upon it. The thing is, that the earcups can turn 90 degrees one way (so that they are flat for portability) and only 30-40 degrees the other way (for angling the earcups to fit the ear better). But if you buy audio technicas hard bag, you'll be fine. And keep it safe from kids ;-) I still love my esw9 very much.post #33 of 4711/28/09 at 9:04ampost #34 of 471/22/10 at 6:46amThread StarterOnce again, the fragile part on this headband broke. This time it was the right side. That leads me to think, that the plastic worns out with time. I just bought 5 parts from Audio Technica, US. + a new pair of earpads. Communication once again very friendly. Packaging and everything else was perfect. Now my ESW9 are good as new (and I have 4 extras of this fragile part). Makes me feel very secure.post #35 of 471/22/10 at 7:21ampost #36 of 471/22/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
BTW: the new earpads is a noticable upgrade. So if your esw9 earpads have become flat after heavy use, buy new ones. They are a better fit, and thereby better sounding.post #37 of 471/22/10 at 9:25ampost #38 of 471/22/10 at 12:53pmI am surprised someone hasn't whipped up metal pieces (as has been done for Grados). I guess the hard AT case is worthwhile for these. They do feel and sound great -- portable HP's Deluxe!post #39 of 471/22/10 at 3:45pmThread Starterpost #40 of 471/26/10 at 8:50pmI just got my pair of ESW9's in the mail and was very excited to test them out having used a pair of ES7's for the past year+ at work. First thing I notice is that it seems like the volume out of the left ear is lower than that of the right. Second thing I notice is that the volume on these things seems to be much lower than my ES7's. With a Macbook Pro as my source I can pump the volume up all the way and highs are extremely shrill but it still doesn't sound that loud.
I'm thinking that I may have received a faulty pair of headphones. Anyone have any ideas?post #41 of 475/3/10 at 1:44ampost #42 of 475/3/10 at 7:00amI am thinking of super-gluing the part while I try and arrange for a replacement bit... and like others here, am wondering how the hell to dismantle the things. I can't undo screw 22 with the cup there in the way and I can't detach the cup from the hinge (17)post #43 of 476/19/10 at 8:00pmQuote:
OK, So I figured it out. You have to take apart the cup mechanism and then you will be able to remove the swivel mechanism and eventually get to the bits of part 22 on their own. I've epoxy'd the part 22 back together, the swivel isn't quite as smooth as it is on the 'good' side but I'm just glad I can listen to them again :)
Here is the dissection guide for this model once again if anyone needs it: http://www.filefactory.com/file/agbc87g/n/ATH-ESW9A_Exploded_View_1_pdf
Still thinking I will try and get a replacement part 22 after all this... problem is I might lose the Left/Right logo on it... might have to do a label transplant :)post #44 of 474/11/12 at 11:56pmThread Starter
Apparently the hinges on esw9/esw10 break often, and I receive a lot of PM's about the issue. Unfortunately I don't have the pdf anymore, but the spare part number is: P# 134304530
There is no left/right, they work on both sides.
I ordered from Audio Technica, US, they were very helpful.post #45 of 471/29/13 at 5:38pm
i'm now in the club too.. Apparently, hard winters and the way I might get the phones off my head broke the right joint case... But! I have found this website that sells this part. Only thing is that the "right" text is not there. I might take the one I already have and fix it this way..
Ugh... looks like I talked too fast about this. They won't ship to Canada :-(... I'm quite lost now.
Edited by Mizu - 1/29/13 at 5:45pm
- HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-)
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 23 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 57 seconds ago
- › Havi B6 ! 1 minute ago
- › Upgrading from Valhalla 2 to another tube amp for the HD800 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 7 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 8 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)