- 554 Posts. Joined 2/2008
- Location: Marion, Indiana
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- best on ear portable headphone for trance, rock and pop music? 200-300$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-) - Page 3post #31 of 4711/28/09 at 1:44amI'm thinking about buying an ESW9 and have been researching, and this thread worries me. Would you guys say this phone is rather fragile?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4711/28/09 at 8:54amThread StarterIt's not a headphone, you can just throw in a bag and then throw your bag around and sit upon it. The thing is, that the earcups can turn 90 degrees one way (so that they are flat for portability) and only 30-40 degrees the other way (for angling the earcups to fit the ear better). But if you buy audio technicas hard bag, you'll be fine. And keep it safe from kids ;-) I still love my esw9 very much.post #33 of 4711/28/09 at 9:04ampost #34 of 471/22/10 at 6:46amThread StarterOnce again, the fragile part on this headband broke. This time it was the right side. That leads me to think, that the plastic worns out with time. I just bought 5 parts from Audio Technica, US. + a new pair of earpads. Communication once again very friendly. Packaging and everything else was perfect. Now my ESW9 are good as new (and I have 4 extras of this fragile part). Makes me feel very secure.post #35 of 471/22/10 at 7:21ampost #36 of 471/22/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
BTW: the new earpads is a noticable upgrade. So if your esw9 earpads have become flat after heavy use, buy new ones. They are a better fit, and thereby better sounding.post #37 of 471/22/10 at 9:25ampost #38 of 471/22/10 at 12:53pmI am surprised someone hasn't whipped up metal pieces (as has been done for Grados). I guess the hard AT case is worthwhile for these. They do feel and sound great -- portable HP's Deluxe!post #39 of 471/22/10 at 3:45pmThread Starterpost #40 of 471/26/10 at 8:50pmI just got my pair of ESW9's in the mail and was very excited to test them out having used a pair of ES7's for the past year+ at work. First thing I notice is that it seems like the volume out of the left ear is lower than that of the right. Second thing I notice is that the volume on these things seems to be much lower than my ES7's. With a Macbook Pro as my source I can pump the volume up all the way and highs are extremely shrill but it still doesn't sound that loud.
I'm thinking that I may have received a faulty pair of headphones. Anyone have any ideas?post #41 of 475/3/10 at 1:44ampost #42 of 475/3/10 at 7:00amI am thinking of super-gluing the part while I try and arrange for a replacement bit... and like others here, am wondering how the hell to dismantle the things. I can't undo screw 22 with the cup there in the way and I can't detach the cup from the hinge (17)post #43 of 476/19/10 at 8:00pmQuote:
OK, So I figured it out. You have to take apart the cup mechanism and then you will be able to remove the swivel mechanism and eventually get to the bits of part 22 on their own. I've epoxy'd the part 22 back together, the swivel isn't quite as smooth as it is on the 'good' side but I'm just glad I can listen to them again :)
Here is the dissection guide for this model once again if anyone needs it: http://www.filefactory.com/file/agbc87g/n/ATH-ESW9A_Exploded_View_1_pdf
Still thinking I will try and get a replacement part 22 after all this... problem is I might lose the Left/Right logo on it... might have to do a label transplant :)post #44 of 474/11/12 at 11:56pmThread Starter
Apparently the hinges on esw9/esw10 break often, and I receive a lot of PM's about the issue. Unfortunately I don't have the pdf anymore, but the spare part number is: P# 134304530
There is no left/right, they work on both sides.
I ordered from Audio Technica, US, they were very helpful.post #45 of 471/29/13 at 5:38pm
i'm now in the club too.. Apparently, hard winters and the way I might get the phones off my head broke the right joint case... But! I have found this website that sells this part. Only thing is that the "right" text is not there. I might take the one I already have and fix it this way..
Ugh... looks like I talked too fast about this. They won't ship to Canada :-(... I'm quite lost now.
Edited by Mizu - 1/29/13 at 5:45pm
- HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-)
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 seconds ago
- › New headphones recommendations for a starter 22 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs. HD650 (new and old) -- Comparison for those in... 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 2 minutes ago
- › Best speakers under 300€? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2... 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear