- 554 Posts. Joined 2/2008
- Location: Marion, Indiana
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- best on ear portable headphone for trance, rock and pop music? 200-300$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-) - Page 3post #31 of 4711/28/09 at 1:44amI'm thinking about buying an ESW9 and have been researching, and this thread worries me. Would you guys say this phone is rather fragile?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4711/28/09 at 8:54amThread StarterIt's not a headphone, you can just throw in a bag and then throw your bag around and sit upon it. The thing is, that the earcups can turn 90 degrees one way (so that they are flat for portability) and only 30-40 degrees the other way (for angling the earcups to fit the ear better). But if you buy audio technicas hard bag, you'll be fine. And keep it safe from kids ;-) I still love my esw9 very much.post #33 of 4711/28/09 at 9:04ampost #34 of 471/22/10 at 6:46amThread StarterOnce again, the fragile part on this headband broke. This time it was the right side. That leads me to think, that the plastic worns out with time. I just bought 5 parts from Audio Technica, US. + a new pair of earpads. Communication once again very friendly. Packaging and everything else was perfect. Now my ESW9 are good as new (and I have 4 extras of this fragile part). Makes me feel very secure.post #35 of 471/22/10 at 7:21ampost #36 of 471/22/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
BTW: the new earpads is a noticable upgrade. So if your esw9 earpads have become flat after heavy use, buy new ones. They are a better fit, and thereby better sounding.post #37 of 471/22/10 at 9:25ampost #38 of 471/22/10 at 12:53pmI am surprised someone hasn't whipped up metal pieces (as has been done for Grados). I guess the hard AT case is worthwhile for these. They do feel and sound great -- portable HP's Deluxe!post #39 of 471/22/10 at 3:45pmThread Starterpost #40 of 471/26/10 at 8:50pmI just got my pair of ESW9's in the mail and was very excited to test them out having used a pair of ES7's for the past year+ at work. First thing I notice is that it seems like the volume out of the left ear is lower than that of the right. Second thing I notice is that the volume on these things seems to be much lower than my ES7's. With a Macbook Pro as my source I can pump the volume up all the way and highs are extremely shrill but it still doesn't sound that loud.
I'm thinking that I may have received a faulty pair of headphones. Anyone have any ideas?post #41 of 475/3/10 at 1:44ampost #42 of 475/3/10 at 7:00amI am thinking of super-gluing the part while I try and arrange for a replacement bit... and like others here, am wondering how the hell to dismantle the things. I can't undo screw 22 with the cup there in the way and I can't detach the cup from the hinge (17)post #43 of 476/19/10 at 8:00pmQuote:
OK, So I figured it out. You have to take apart the cup mechanism and then you will be able to remove the swivel mechanism and eventually get to the bits of part 22 on their own. I've epoxy'd the part 22 back together, the swivel isn't quite as smooth as it is on the 'good' side but I'm just glad I can listen to them again :)
Here is the dissection guide for this model once again if anyone needs it: http://www.filefactory.com/file/agbc87g/n/ATH-ESW9A_Exploded_View_1_pdf
Still thinking I will try and get a replacement part 22 after all this... problem is I might lose the Left/Right logo on it... might have to do a label transplant :)post #44 of 474/11/12 at 11:56pmThread Starter
Apparently the hinges on esw9/esw10 break often, and I receive a lot of PM's about the issue. Unfortunately I don't have the pdf anymore, but the spare part number is: P# 134304530
There is no left/right, they work on both sides.
I ordered from Audio Technica, US, they were very helpful.post #45 of 471/29/13 at 5:38pm
i'm now in the club too.. Apparently, hard winters and the way I might get the phones off my head broke the right joint case... But! I have found this website that sells this part. Only thing is that the "right" text is not there. I might take the one I already have and fix it this way..
Ugh... looks like I talked too fast about this. They won't ship to Canada :-(... I'm quite lost now.
Edited by Mizu - 1/29/13 at 5:45pm
- HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-)
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 39 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...