- 554 Posts. Joined 2/2008
- Location: Marion, Indiana
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to buy a pair of headphones Last post on 11/22/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- best on ear portable headphone for trance, rock and pop music? 200-300$ Last post on 10/15/12 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-) - Page 3post #31 of 4711/28/09 at 1:44amI'm thinking about buying an ESW9 and have been researching, and this thread worries me. Would you guys say this phone is rather fragile?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4711/28/09 at 8:54amThread StarterIt's not a headphone, you can just throw in a bag and then throw your bag around and sit upon it. The thing is, that the earcups can turn 90 degrees one way (so that they are flat for portability) and only 30-40 degrees the other way (for angling the earcups to fit the ear better). But if you buy audio technicas hard bag, you'll be fine. And keep it safe from kids ;-) I still love my esw9 very much.post #33 of 4711/28/09 at 9:04ampost #34 of 471/22/10 at 6:46amThread StarterOnce again, the fragile part on this headband broke. This time it was the right side. That leads me to think, that the plastic worns out with time. I just bought 5 parts from Audio Technica, US. + a new pair of earpads. Communication once again very friendly. Packaging and everything else was perfect. Now my ESW9 are good as new (and I have 4 extras of this fragile part). Makes me feel very secure.post #35 of 471/22/10 at 7:21ampost #36 of 471/22/10 at 9:20amThread Starter
BTW: the new earpads is a noticable upgrade. So if your esw9 earpads have become flat after heavy use, buy new ones. They are a better fit, and thereby better sounding.post #37 of 471/22/10 at 9:25ampost #38 of 471/22/10 at 12:53pmI am surprised someone hasn't whipped up metal pieces (as has been done for Grados). I guess the hard AT case is worthwhile for these. They do feel and sound great -- portable HP's Deluxe!post #39 of 471/22/10 at 3:45pmThread Starterpost #40 of 471/26/10 at 8:50pmI just got my pair of ESW9's in the mail and was very excited to test them out having used a pair of ES7's for the past year+ at work. First thing I notice is that it seems like the volume out of the left ear is lower than that of the right. Second thing I notice is that the volume on these things seems to be much lower than my ES7's. With a Macbook Pro as my source I can pump the volume up all the way and highs are extremely shrill but it still doesn't sound that loud.
I'm thinking that I may have received a faulty pair of headphones. Anyone have any ideas?post #41 of 475/3/10 at 1:44ampost #42 of 475/3/10 at 7:00amI am thinking of super-gluing the part while I try and arrange for a replacement bit... and like others here, am wondering how the hell to dismantle the things. I can't undo screw 22 with the cup there in the way and I can't detach the cup from the hinge (17)post #43 of 476/19/10 at 8:00pmQuote:
OK, So I figured it out. You have to take apart the cup mechanism and then you will be able to remove the swivel mechanism and eventually get to the bits of part 22 on their own. I've epoxy'd the part 22 back together, the swivel isn't quite as smooth as it is on the 'good' side but I'm just glad I can listen to them again :)
Here is the dissection guide for this model once again if anyone needs it: http://www.filefactory.com/file/agbc87g/n/ATH-ESW9A_Exploded_View_1_pdf
Still thinking I will try and get a replacement part 22 after all this... problem is I might lose the Left/Right logo on it... might have to do a label transplant :)post #44 of 474/11/12 at 11:56pmThread Starter
Apparently the hinges on esw9/esw10 break often, and I receive a lot of PM's about the issue. Unfortunately I don't have the pdf anymore, but the spare part number is: P# 134304530
There is no left/right, they work on both sides.
I ordered from Audio Technica, US, they were very helpful.post #45 of 471/29/13 at 5:38pm
i'm now in the club too.. Apparently, hard winters and the way I might get the phones off my head broke the right joint case... But! I have found this website that sells this part. Only thing is that the "right" text is not there. I might take the one I already have and fix it this way..
Ugh... looks like I talked too fast about this. They won't ship to Canada :-(... I'm quite lost now.
Edited by Mizu - 1/29/13 at 5:45pm
- HELP! My esw9 are broken. No no no! - how to repair headband ;-)
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Superlux Express Train 30 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 49 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)