Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... - Page 5

post #61 of 3771
So are there two 48a versions 48a0 and 48a0.0? This is giving me a headache. Somebody shoot me already.
post #62 of 3771
Why? Are the ones you bought me different? Well, I did a search and there's a DT48A.0 and DT48A.00, but the former just has no connector.

And to make the rest of you jealous

It surprising didn't take much scrounging to find it.
post #63 of 3771
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
Why? Are the ones you bought me different? Well, I did a search and there's a DT48A.0 and DT48A.00, but the former just has no connector.

And to make the rest of you jealous

It surprising didn't take much scrounging to find it.
Wow lucky you,

Those ones look nice and light.

I will be nice to get another opinion on the DT48 A......

---

Just an update on my adventures with the dt48e , ....

These things are quite Heavy and clamp quite hard on my jaw and I woke up this morning with a really stiff neck. I know it was because I used the DT48 for many many hours yesterday
I,m a bit scared to start trying to bend the headband to clamp less due to what happened to wmcmanus ..(it snapped) .

edit* later in the day...

Well I may have fixed the comfort issue by adjusting some nuts and bolts and wearing them as far back on my head as i can without them falling off.

Also these things are growing on me more and more , I don't want to listen to any other headphones because they will pollute my ears

Which brings me to my dilemma ..to wear them on the bus to work or not ..Hmmm
post #64 of 3771
I have a possibly dumb idea. One of the big reasons to the basslessness/increased mids is the fact that the cup is so small right? So what would happen if someone put these in a different, larger frame? Anyone want to try?
post #65 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
Why? Are the ones you bought me different? Well, I did a search and there's a DT48A.0 and DT48A.00, but the former just has no connector.

And to make the rest of you jealous

It surprising didn't take much scrounging to find it.
don't jump up and down just yet, did you notice that store is also selling what appears to be a DT48 driver? (only showing one, for $29, impedance unknown)
post #66 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
Why? Are the ones you bought me different? Well, I did a search and there's a DT48A.0 and DT48A.00, but the former just has no connector.

And to make the rest of you jealous

It surprising didn't take much scrounging to find it.
One.. The box is totally different then the one I got. But is 4 yrs old.. And I checked on Beyers site, and states, this is the audiometric version. (of the 48a00)
Which leads me to believe there is a none audiometric 48a model.
post #67 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanac061 View Post
Wow lucky you,

Those ones look nice and light.

I will be nice to get another opinion on the DT48 A......

---

Just an update on my adventures with the dt48e , ....

These things are quite Heavy and clamp quite hard on my jaw and I woke up this morning with a really stiff neck. I know it was because I used the DT48 for many many hours yesterday
I,m a bit scared to start trying to bend the headband to clamp less due to what happened to wmcmanus ..(it snapped) .

edit* later in the day...

Well I may have fixed the comfort issue by adjusting some nuts and bolts and wearing them as far back on my head as i can without them falling off.

Also these things are growing on me more and more , I don't want to listen to any other headphones because they will pollute my ears

Which brings me to my dilemma ..to wear them on the bus to work or not ..Hmmm
The 48a is the most uncomfortable headphone i ever tried..Hard rubber padding. My ears would burn after 15 minutes of use. The were not made for long listening sessions..Even with burning I'd still listen for two hrs. After a week of pain, my ears started to adapt. Now I can listen to them for around 4 hrs. No pain.
post #68 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioCats View Post
don't jump up and down just yet, did you notice that store is also selling what appears to be a DT48 driver? (only showing one, for $29, impedance unknown)
It's a dt48e driver (I think, don't quote me at that) at 8ohms for $30 per single driver and I'd still need the other stuff like the headband, pads, and cups which will likely cost about $50ish (guesstimating [guesstimating is an actual word?!]) at the very least if I can even find them, so it would end to be about $30 more before shipping.

That's why I asked if someone could use a foster 'phone to see if the still retain the same or very close amount of detail and mids with more bass. I'm sure that a person that wants to try this would probably have a foster frame already, so it's technically a $60 pair that most likely won't be quite as good, but still amazizing for $60.
post #69 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
One.. The box is totally different then the one I got. But is 4 yrs old.. And I checked on Beyers site, and states, this is the audiometric version. (of the 48a00)
Which leads me to believe there is a none audiometric 48a model.
Interesting. Well, I'm looking forward to a comparison/review since they are probably slightly different!
post #70 of 3771
If anyone is interested in buying those drivers, Beyerdynamic will sell you all the other parts to build a pair. I don't know if you can save any money that way, but every part is available.
post #71 of 3771
any idea how much the 25 ohm drivers are, from Beyer?

add some custom wood housing and AT headband, they will make killer portable phones...
post #72 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioCats View Post
any idea how much the 25 ohm drivers are, from Beyer?

add some custom wood housing and AT headband, they will make killer portable phones...
I'd kill for a R10 enclosure with the 48a drivers.. Or putting the 48a drivers in the K1000. Maybe I should put the 48e drivers in my 480? Hmmmmmmm.
post #73 of 3771
I'd guess between $30 and $50, since the DT48 drivers been have sold for those amounts, 8ohm and 200ohm, respectively.

That's a really good idea, but I probably wouldn't use anything with AT headbands portably...

If anyone would like to donate DT48 drivers to me, I was planning on making K1000 style headphones this summer. They'd probably sound atrocious though, since I think the size of the cups is what contributes to the amazingness of this. So, a completely open frame would likely kill the amazingness, but we won't know until we try...
post #74 of 3771
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
One.. The box is totally different then the one I got. But is 4 yrs old.. And I checked on Beyers site, and states, this is the audiometric version. (of the 48a00)
Which leads me to believe there is a none audiometric 48a model.
Hang on how many versions of the DT48 A are there ??

I was under the impression there was only one, and that the A stands for Audiometric
??
post #75 of 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanac061 View Post
Hang on how many versions of the DT48 A are there ??

I was under the impression there was only one, and that the A stands for Audiometric
??
Not sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...