New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phonak Audeo Defect Thread - Page 31

post #451 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightic View Post

Makes sense although that's pretty poor considering the filters were only in use for 90 minutes and in freshly showered & Q-tipped ears.
Also unusual that the 'clogging' vanished by simply removing then re-installing the (same) filters, with the fairly minimal contact that requires.
(Although this may be a coincidence as around 18 hours had passed before I tried the PFEs again - enough time for the filters to have dried out.)

That could happen to any IEM with similar filter, like TF10, Westone or Shure. If that is indeed the cause, you will be better off with a dynamic based IEM as they hold up better with moisture.
post #452 of 467

I have a Phonak audeo 012 IEMs and the left driver has a very low volume compared to the right driver. In the phonak website they say it could be the acoustic filter that is wrong replaced but i dont have the changing filter tool kit, because it didn't came with it.

 

How can i change it without ruining it?

post #453 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpyoass View Post

I have a Phonak audeo 012 IEMs and the left driver has a very low volume compared to the right driver. In the phonak website they say it could be the acoustic filter that is wrong replaced but i dont have the changing filter tool kit, because it didn't came with it.

How can i change it without ruining it?

You can buy a filter replacement kit from Phonak. If you don't want to spend the money, you will have to find a way to get the filter out without damaging it. Then you can submerge the filter under peroxide solution (you can get it from pharmacy) and hopefully that will clean it.
post #454 of 467

i bought second hand phonak pfe white ed half year ago .. and now the right cable cracked showing the inside ..

cat it still be replaced since the warranty has been over ?

 

and if it can be replaced, how ? now im at beijing ..

post #455 of 467

Hello!

I have a problem with my pfe 022: volume level dropped by ~40-50% and now it changes smoothly up and down(but not above mentioned 50-60%) while I listen to it. And left piece is even much quiter. I can see no cracks on it and cable is ok. What can I do about it?

post #456 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiRaBr TNK View Post

Hello!
I have a problem with my pfe 022: volume level dropped by ~40-50% and now it changes smoothly up and down(but not above mentioned 50-60%) while I listen to it. And left piece is even much quiter. I can see no cracks on it and cable is ok. What can I do about it?

The filter must be clogged. You can take them out carefully and submerge them in peroxide solution (*get it from pharmacy) for 10~15 minutes then dry them out. Hopefully they will be clean enough to be reuse. If not, you'll need to buy a new set of filter.
post #457 of 467

Thank you for advice! For few months everything was ok, and this problem occured suddenly. And considering that volume level changes sugnifically while in use, can it still be filter cludge?

post #458 of 467
Yes, volume reduction is almost always an filter issue on PFE.
post #459 of 467
I would like to add my experiences with my Audeo PFE 112 - it hasn't been good! My first pair which were purchased in June this year (2012) developed a fault after 2 months with the right speaker stopping working completely, prior to this the controls stopped working albeit temporarily. he shop swapped them over for a new pair. 3 weeks later EXACTLY the same problem occurred! Now, I only ever wear these at the gym and so are subjected to sweat which I think must be the problem? I contacted Audeo and they sent me a new pair of 132's ( so this is the 3rd pair since June) these are 4 weeks old and today when I plugged them in at the gym I noticed that there was no sound at all coming out of them but sound coming out of my iPod as if nothing was plugged in. The jack was fully inserted. With a bit of taking out/ pushing in sound did eventually start coming out of the speakers! What has also happened is that the remote controls have completely died!
I can only think that sweat is getting in to the remote and effecting with the remote or the right earpiece? I think I'm going to end up having to get a refund as I can't continue this.
I'd like to add that all through this Audeo have been very nice to deal with.
post #460 of 467

Just posting my experience with the black PFE 132's. I purchased a pair from Amazon June 2012. About 2 months into basic use (just at work, or easy walking around not serious exercising), the left ear piece began crackling/losing sound completely. It was noticed that slight movement/adjustments to the wire where it meets the 90 degree jack was the obvious culprit. If the wire was positioned in just the right spot, sound was fine, bump the wire and it would cut out. Got that pair returned quickly without hassle. Received a second pair of the black PFE 132's. They lasted about a month before the exact same issue returned. Had that pair sent in for replacement, without hassle. Third pair of black PFE 132's were defective out of the package, with the exact same issue. Minor adjust to the wire causes the left ear piece to crackle/lose sound. Sending them in today for my final attempt of replacement. Absolutely love these when they function properly but this is getting tiresome. Anyways, just my experience hoping that this is just a freak of a coincidence.

post #461 of 467

Just to check, are you using the same source all these time? Sometime with certain source (Sansa Clip / Clip+ and likely Zip for an example), the 3.5mm jack start to develop problem after a while and lose contact with certain plug on some headphone and can result it what you have described, but it can still work fine with other headphone. In cases like this, you will want to check the IEM with multiple source to confirm it is the IEM and not the source that is causing the problem, or else you are not really fixing the problem.

post #462 of 467

Just supporting ClieOS' theory: Today i started having trouble with my PFE 012, the left driver was shutting off with the slightest touch on the cable, and I immediatly assumed it was the IEM's problem, hell I even emailed Phonak asking for a warranty replacement within one hour (the time it took me to get home xD). I did think it could be the output's problem, but didn't even bother to check it untill i read ClieOS' reply. It's, in fact, my Clip Zip's problem

It's a shame actually, I bought this one after wrecking my Clip+ in february :\

post #463 of 467

Majority of use with the PFE 132's are with my iphone. Swapping out headphones doesn't have the same issue, and using the PFE 132's with my computer, laptop, and  my speakers (they have a 3.5mm port) all result in the same issue of crackling/sound loss in the left ear when the wire is slightly adjusted.

post #464 of 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dball View Post

Just posting my experience with the black PFE 132's. I purchased a pair from Amazon June 2012. About 2 months into basic use (just at work, or easy walking around not serious exercising), the left ear piece began crackling/losing sound completely. It was noticed that slight movement/adjustments to the wire where it meets the 90 degree jack was the obvious culprit. If the wire was positioned in just the right spot, sound was fine, bump the wire and it would cut out. Got that pair returned quickly without hassle. Received a second pair of the black PFE 132's. They lasted about a month before the exact same issue returned. Had that pair sent in for replacement, without hassle. Third pair of black PFE 132's were defective out of the package, with the exact same issue. Minor adjust to the wire causes the left ear piece to crackle/lose sound. Sending them in today for my final attempt of replacement. Absolutely love these when they function properly but this is getting tiresome. Anyways, just my experience hoping that this is just a freak of a coincidence.

THIS!!  I'm having the exact same issue with my 232's that are barely 6 months old! I probably don't even have 100+ hours on them as I've been running a lot and use my other iem's for that purpose.  I've finally had time to use them and when I plug them into my iPhone, iPod Nano or even my Sony I have issues with the left side cutting out or I get static.  My issue, however, seems to be with the jack itself.  I just plugged them into my Sony and couldn't even listen to one song because it cut out completely.  I'm in the process of doing an RA but I've got to say that I'm really disappointed - especially for the price. 

post #465 of 467

Hopefully you'll have a better experience with the replacement than I've had so far. I'm hoping for the best though as they are fantastic with noise isolation and sound, I'm hoping it isn't (another?) manufacturing defect.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: