If you want authoritative, reliable recommendations, you should just look at the "Wall of Fame" selection at Inner Fidelity:
Related Forum Threads
- Alternatives to Sennheiser HD280 / 380 Pro? Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Last post on 9/29/11 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review of Sennheiser HD380 Last post on 8/6/13 at 3:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
HD380 vs. HD280 - Page 9post #121 of 1294/17/13 at 12:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1294/20/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by m17xr2b
I have about 4000 hours of listening on these, still going strong. I especially like the comfort as I am wearing them for about 8 hours every day at work. I did had to replace the pads with some aftermarket leather ones.The original pads got destroyed from wear and tear.
Hi m17xr2b, can I ask where you got the aftermarket leather earpads? Mine are up for a change and some leather ones would be nice.
Edited by waimak - 4/20/13 at 6:18pmpost #123 of 1294/22/13 at 12:34am
Im looking at the 380 as a possible purchase, it seems it can be had for around $170 from amazon at the moment, anyone else care to chime in with their experiences as well as what their driving it with ? I would also be interested to hear about the leather pads m17xr2b mentionedpost #124 of 1294/24/13 at 7:26am
I got the pads from:
I think they apply a little more pressure than standard pads but overall it was a good investment. Replacing them is not easy, you have to be patient.post #125 of 1294/24/13 at 7:07pmpost #126 of 1294/25/13 at 2:41ampost #127 of 1294/25/13 at 2:28pm
Thanks for the reply, the pads as described in the ad are made from a so called " 3rd generation ULTRCUSHION material " , im curious if that is in fact a synthetic leather ?Quote:Originally Posted by m17xr2b
I got the pads from:
I think they apply a little more pressure than standard pads but overall it was a good investment. Replacing them is not easy, you have to be patient.
Edited by robotskill - 4/25/13 at 2:29pmpost #128 of 1294/26/13 at 12:46ampost #129 of 1298/30/13 at 5:47pmI own the HD280's, the HD380's, and the DT770's in both 80 and 260 ohm. I find the HD280 clamp unbearable for longer than a few minutes, but the HD380's are perfectly comfortable to me, and have a much more impressive soundstage. These headphones are great for when I don't have an amp, but through my Schiit Asgard I can hear a noise floor even in low gain mode in high gain mode. The DT770's sound great through the Asgard and the velour is an added comfort bonus (at least for me). Soundstage with the DT770's is probably the best, although I find the mids quite scooped. I use the DT770's 99% of the time.
Edited by TwelveTrains - 10/29/13 at 11:09pm
- HD380 vs. HD280
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 10 seconds ago
- › Looking for a "fun" IEM 17 seconds ago
- › Explain your avatar 1 minute ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 1 minute ago
- › Koss ProDJ100 with Fiio E6 AMP vs Audio Technica ATH M50 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › Roland RH-200 impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a comparison between xb90ex and wooduo 2 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 940 appreciation and support thread 4 minutes ago
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Westhill House HighGate Consulting Rooms by mathiasfinkel
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe