If you want authoritative, reliable recommendations, you should just look at the "Wall of Fame" selection at Inner Fidelity:
Related Forum Threads
- Alternatives to Sennheiser HD280 / 380 Pro? Last post on 1/4/12 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Last post on 9/29/11 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review of Sennheiser HD380 Last post on 8/6/13 at 3:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
HD380 vs. HD280 - Page 9post #121 of 1294/17/13 at 12:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1294/20/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by m17xr2b
I have about 4000 hours of listening on these, still going strong. I especially like the comfort as I am wearing them for about 8 hours every day at work. I did had to replace the pads with some aftermarket leather ones.The original pads got destroyed from wear and tear.
Hi m17xr2b, can I ask where you got the aftermarket leather earpads? Mine are up for a change and some leather ones would be nice.
Edited by waimak - 4/20/13 at 6:18pmpost #123 of 1294/22/13 at 12:34am
Im looking at the 380 as a possible purchase, it seems it can be had for around $170 from amazon at the moment, anyone else care to chime in with their experiences as well as what their driving it with ? I would also be interested to hear about the leather pads m17xr2b mentionedpost #124 of 1294/24/13 at 7:26am
I got the pads from:
I think they apply a little more pressure than standard pads but overall it was a good investment. Replacing them is not easy, you have to be patient.post #125 of 1294/24/13 at 7:07pmpost #126 of 1294/25/13 at 2:41ampost #127 of 1294/25/13 at 2:28pm
Thanks for the reply, the pads as described in the ad are made from a so called " 3rd generation ULTRCUSHION material " , im curious if that is in fact a synthetic leather ?Quote:Originally Posted by m17xr2b
I got the pads from:
I think they apply a little more pressure than standard pads but overall it was a good investment. Replacing them is not easy, you have to be patient.
Edited by robotskill - 4/25/13 at 2:29pmpost #128 of 1294/26/13 at 12:46ampost #129 of 1298/30/13 at 5:47pmI own the HD280's, the HD380's, and the DT770's in both 80 and 260 ohm. I find the HD280 clamp unbearable for longer than a few minutes, but the HD380's are perfectly comfortable to me, and have a much more impressive soundstage. These headphones are great for when I don't have an amp, but through my Schiit Asgard I can hear a noise floor even in low gain mode in high gain mode. The DT770's sound great through the Asgard and the velour is an added comfort bonus (at least for me). Soundstage with the DT770's is probably the best, although I find the mids quite scooped. I use the DT770's 99% of the time.
Edited by TwelveTrains - 10/29/13 at 11:09pm
- HD380 vs. HD280
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 58 seconds ago
- › HELP ME DECIDE WHETHER TO GET THIS IMOD 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for first decent headphones 3 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Help with Upgrading from Hifimediy Sabre DAC 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe