- 287 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Kentucky
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 3/27/14 at 5:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Static from Fiio E7 headphone out Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would AD700 benefit from iBasso D4 Mamba? Last post on 8/17/11 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
- Headphone Impedance
What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am gonna have to chime in and say that Sennheiser IE8 and Ibasso T4 are not a good pairing. It adds nothing much to the sound except some extra bass which the Sennheiser IE8 does not need more of.
The Ibasso D2 Viper with rolled opamps I am using sounds just awesome though with the IE8. And from what seems to be said on these forums, the Ibasso P3 and Ibasso D10 both sound better then the D2 Viper once rolled with some good opamps.
I find the sound just as good as with a FiiO E5 that I did with my RSA Hornet M.
But in neither case was the improvement enough to warrant a substantial loss in portability by lugging a dedicated IEM amp with me.
Just my two cents...
IE8's sound great un-amped straight out of my iPod classics, but my two portable amps add to the depth and soundstage of the IE8's. I own a Ray Samuels Audio P-51, and Graham Slee Voyager portable amps, and they both drive the IE8's to a level above the un-amped iPod.
The only comment I have is that the extra "contour" switch on the Voyager adds too much bass for the IE8's which are not deficient in that area (although it makes my Shure SE310's sound "just right"), but it makes it versatile for a wider range of headphones and IEM's. Both of the amps I have are at the higher end of the price range for portable amps, but worth nit in my opinion.
On my laptop I use a D4 and that works wonderfull with the IE8 because of it's transparancy and very, very good mids. On the go I use no amp. My MOVE hisses with the IE8. The XXS does not hiss but the difference is so small with or without amp that I do not bother on the go. But the IE8 is not very good on the go because isolation is not good.
- What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Buttkicker Gamer/Tactile Transducer Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 9 seconds ago
- › OnePlus One 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › What effect does damping factor have on distortion? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Why don't these pads exist? ..Or do they? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3