- 287 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Kentucky
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 1/18/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Static from Fiio E7 headphone out Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would AD700 benefit from iBasso D4 Mamba? Last post on 8/17/11 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps? - Page 2post #16 of 244/20/09 at 8:25pmI had the IE8's paired with my P-51 before I went with the Westone 3's and I enjoyed the sound. I owned a Hornet M before I got the P-51 and I can tell I have a better soundstage with the P-51, IE8 combo.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 244/21/09 at 11:20ampost #18 of 244/21/09 at 11:33amQuote:I am gonna have to chime in and say that Sennheiser IE8 and Ibasso T4 are not a good pairing. It adds nothing much to the sound except some extra bass which the Sennheiser IE8 does not need more of.
The Ibasso D2 Viper with rolled opamps I am using sounds just awesome though with the IE8. And from what seems to be said on these forums, the Ibasso P3 and Ibasso D10 both sound better then the D2 Viper once rolled with some good opamps.post #19 of 245/10/09 at 2:39pmpost #20 of 245/11/09 at 1:14ampost #21 of 244/28/10 at 8:14pmpost #22 of 244/28/10 at 11:53pm
I find the sound just as good as with a FiiO E5 that I did with my RSA Hornet M.
But in neither case was the improvement enough to warrant a substantial loss in portability by lugging a dedicated IEM amp with me.
Just my two cents...post #23 of 248/26/11 at 5:04pm
IE8's sound great un-amped straight out of my iPod classics, but my two portable amps add to the depth and soundstage of the IE8's. I own a Ray Samuels Audio P-51, and Graham Slee Voyager portable amps, and they both drive the IE8's to a level above the un-amped iPod.
The only comment I have is that the extra "contour" switch on the Voyager adds too much bass for the IE8's which are not deficient in that area (although it makes my Shure SE310's sound "just right"), but it makes it versatile for a wider range of headphones and IEM's. Both of the amps I have are at the higher end of the price range for portable amps, but worth nit in my opinion.post #24 of 248/30/11 at 1:54am
On my laptop I use a D4 and that works wonderfull with the IE8 because of it's transparancy and very, very good mids. On the go I use no amp. My MOVE hisses with the IE8. The XXS does not hiss but the difference is so small with or without amp that I do not bother on the go. But the IE8 is not very good on the go because isolation is not good.
- What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 18 seconds ago
- › italy ≼bLaCk MaGiC≼91+8107216603≽ #####Love Problem Solution... 53 seconds ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD800 Headphones -- [Extremely Low S/N #14XXX] 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › ≼bLaCk MaGiC≼91+8107216603≽ bLaCk MaGiC SpEcialist baba ji 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 2 minutes ago
- › ≼bLaCk MaGiC≼91+8107216603≽fAsT#LoVe#Vashikaran Specialist baba ji 2 minutes ago
- › New Sony PHA-2A portable DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Dubai【COME~SOON】bAbA ji=91-9958802839 loVe vAShIkaRaN sPeCIAliST 2 minutes ago
- › HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output;... 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear