- 287 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Kentucky
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 1/18/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Static from Fiio E7 headphone out Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would AD700 benefit from iBasso D4 Mamba? Last post on 8/17/11 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
- Headphone Impedance
What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am gonna have to chime in and say that Sennheiser IE8 and Ibasso T4 are not a good pairing. It adds nothing much to the sound except some extra bass which the Sennheiser IE8 does not need more of.
The Ibasso D2 Viper with rolled opamps I am using sounds just awesome though with the IE8. And from what seems to be said on these forums, the Ibasso P3 and Ibasso D10 both sound better then the D2 Viper once rolled with some good opamps.
I find the sound just as good as with a FiiO E5 that I did with my RSA Hornet M.
But in neither case was the improvement enough to warrant a substantial loss in portability by lugging a dedicated IEM amp with me.
Just my two cents...
IE8's sound great un-amped straight out of my iPod classics, but my two portable amps add to the depth and soundstage of the IE8's. I own a Ray Samuels Audio P-51, and Graham Slee Voyager portable amps, and they both drive the IE8's to a level above the un-amped iPod.
The only comment I have is that the extra "contour" switch on the Voyager adds too much bass for the IE8's which are not deficient in that area (although it makes my Shure SE310's sound "just right"), but it makes it versatile for a wider range of headphones and IEM's. Both of the amps I have are at the higher end of the price range for portable amps, but worth nit in my opinion.
On my laptop I use a D4 and that works wonderfull with the IE8 because of it's transparancy and very, very good mids. On the go I use no amp. My MOVE hisses with the IE8. The XXS does not hiss but the difference is so small with or without amp that I do not bother on the go. But the IE8 is not very good on the go because isolation is not good.
- What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps?
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 42 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...