- 287 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Kentucky
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- D7 Sidewinder....Initial impressions Last post on 1/18/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Static from Fiio E7 headphone out Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Would AD700 benefit from iBasso D4 Mamba? Last post on 8/17/11 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps? - Page 2post #16 of 244/20/09 at 8:25pmI had the IE8's paired with my P-51 before I went with the Westone 3's and I enjoyed the sound. I owned a Hornet M before I got the P-51 and I can tell I have a better soundstage with the P-51, IE8 combo.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 244/21/09 at 11:20ampost #18 of 244/21/09 at 11:33amQuote:I am gonna have to chime in and say that Sennheiser IE8 and Ibasso T4 are not a good pairing. It adds nothing much to the sound except some extra bass which the Sennheiser IE8 does not need more of.
The Ibasso D2 Viper with rolled opamps I am using sounds just awesome though with the IE8. And from what seems to be said on these forums, the Ibasso P3 and Ibasso D10 both sound better then the D2 Viper once rolled with some good opamps.post #19 of 245/10/09 at 2:39pmpost #20 of 245/11/09 at 1:14ampost #21 of 244/28/10 at 8:14pmpost #22 of 244/28/10 at 11:53pm
I find the sound just as good as with a FiiO E5 that I did with my RSA Hornet M.
But in neither case was the improvement enough to warrant a substantial loss in portability by lugging a dedicated IEM amp with me.
Just my two cents...post #23 of 248/26/11 at 5:04pm
IE8's sound great un-amped straight out of my iPod classics, but my two portable amps add to the depth and soundstage of the IE8's. I own a Ray Samuels Audio P-51, and Graham Slee Voyager portable amps, and they both drive the IE8's to a level above the un-amped iPod.
The only comment I have is that the extra "contour" switch on the Voyager adds too much bass for the IE8's which are not deficient in that area (although it makes my Shure SE310's sound "just right"), but it makes it versatile for a wider range of headphones and IEM's. Both of the amps I have are at the higher end of the price range for portable amps, but worth nit in my opinion.post #24 of 248/30/11 at 1:54am
On my laptop I use a D4 and that works wonderfull with the IE8 because of it's transparancy and very, very good mids. On the go I use no amp. My MOVE hisses with the IE8. The XXS does not hiss but the difference is so small with or without amp that I do not bother on the go. But the IE8 is not very good on the go because isolation is not good.
- What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Extreme Metal Zone! 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear