bump for this great proud thread. Just waiting for my Jumbos now...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] Last post on 2/4/15 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on Yesterday at 5:46 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread. - Page 8post #106 of 1117/26/11 at 8:01am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 1112/25/13 at 6:45pm
I know this is a old appreciation thread but I wanted to tell everyone that a new pair of MS1000's are now in existence! I finished them a couple of weeks ago and have been tweaking their sound since then. I actually have found a new method for tweaking the sound signature to add bass punch, make the mids less distant and tame the highs that I will be posting up in the near future!
Anyway, I both really appreciate the sound of my new headphones as well as all of the people on this site who put their time into providing instructions and advice on crafting these cans.
This may be my first real post on this site, but I have already benefitted extensively from the community here!post #108 of 1117/9/13 at 7:31pm
Does anyone know where I can purchase the spacers/distancers needed to do the MS1000 mod? Instead of trying to sell off my MS1s I think they're going to become my first DIY mods.
Any input on the matter would be very appreciated!post #109 of 1117/9/13 at 7:50pmpost #110 of 1118/22/13 at 7:43am
You can get them 3-d printed here https://www.shapeways.com/designer/chanman209
i did the CADing. They're 14mm tall, with a 40mm hole. The wall thickness is 2mm, and the lip on the end extends 3mm further out. You can get them done in a variety of materials, i'd suggest alumide, as it's cheap and rigid. A pair shipped in the US will cost you $25. They have a 2 week build time apparently.post #111 of 1113/26/14 at 3:01pm
Hello, this is my first Head-Fi post.
I just wanted to share my newly finished MS1000's. I had the ms1 for almost three years and had been listening to the quarter modded comfies for a while. I wanted some more love from my old headphones so I though I would give it a try. Huge improvement. I don't have any felt over the cups at all and the highs don't seem too bad. I used velour instead of felt to cover the insides. I made the spacers from 1.5 inch abs which happens to have an inside diameter of 40mm :) and I used pipe couplings to make the rings. lots of sanding cutting and frustration. if I had to do it again I would just by the 3d printed ones. Contact cement and hot glue and bam its all connected. It did feel a bit strange to pay 65$ plus tax and shipping for foam earpads.... I should also mention that the spacers with just my old worn out quarter modded comfies sounded really good too, so it is possible to have improvement without buying the big pads. However they are ridiculously uncomfortable like that. HERE are pictures. Cheers!
- Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NWZ ZX1 128GB Hi-Res Audio Walkman 50 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 56 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Sony will NOT honor their warranty. 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3