bump for this great proud thread. Just waiting for my Jumbos now...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] Last post on Today at 3:50 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 8/16/14 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread. - Page 8post #106 of 1117/26/11 at 8:01am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1112/25/13 at 6:45pm
I know this is a old appreciation thread but I wanted to tell everyone that a new pair of MS1000's are now in existence! I finished them a couple of weeks ago and have been tweaking their sound since then. I actually have found a new method for tweaking the sound signature to add bass punch, make the mids less distant and tame the highs that I will be posting up in the near future!
Anyway, I both really appreciate the sound of my new headphones as well as all of the people on this site who put their time into providing instructions and advice on crafting these cans.
This may be my first real post on this site, but I have already benefitted extensively from the community here!post #108 of 1117/9/13 at 7:31pm
Does anyone know where I can purchase the spacers/distancers needed to do the MS1000 mod? Instead of trying to sell off my MS1s I think they're going to become my first DIY mods.
Any input on the matter would be very appreciated!post #109 of 1117/9/13 at 7:50pmpost #110 of 1118/22/13 at 7:43am
You can get them 3-d printed here https://www.shapeways.com/designer/chanman209
i did the CADing. They're 14mm tall, with a 40mm hole. The wall thickness is 2mm, and the lip on the end extends 3mm further out. You can get them done in a variety of materials, i'd suggest alumide, as it's cheap and rigid. A pair shipped in the US will cost you $25. They have a 2 week build time apparently.post #111 of 1113/26/14 at 3:01pm
Hello, this is my first Head-Fi post.
I just wanted to share my newly finished MS1000's. I had the ms1 for almost three years and had been listening to the quarter modded comfies for a while. I wanted some more love from my old headphones so I though I would give it a try. Huge improvement. I don't have any felt over the cups at all and the highs don't seem too bad. I used velour instead of felt to cover the insides. I made the spacers from 1.5 inch abs which happens to have an inside diameter of 40mm :) and I used pipe couplings to make the rings. lots of sanding cutting and frustration. if I had to do it again I would just by the 3d printed ones. Contact cement and hot glue and bam its all connected. It did feel a bit strange to pay 65$ plus tax and shipping for foam earpads.... I should also mention that the spacers with just my old worn out quarter modded comfies sounded really good too, so it is possible to have improvement without buying the big pads. However they are ridiculously uncomfortable like that. HERE are pictures. Cheers!
- Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AKG k242hd's + FiiO E10K? 46 seconds ago
- › Fiio X3/X5 vs. Ipod 5.5G + Fiio e12 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for $200 budget? 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 12 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)