bump for this great proud thread. Just waiting for my Jumbos now...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MS1000 vs RS1 vs GS1000 VS MS pro Last post on 8/26/10 at 4:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] Last post on 11/22/14 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 12/16/14 at 6:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS Pro: Bass Distortion Problem? Last post on 11/14/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread. - Page 8post #106 of 1117/26/11 at 8:01am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 1112/25/13 at 6:45pm
I know this is a old appreciation thread but I wanted to tell everyone that a new pair of MS1000's are now in existence! I finished them a couple of weeks ago and have been tweaking their sound since then. I actually have found a new method for tweaking the sound signature to add bass punch, make the mids less distant and tame the highs that I will be posting up in the near future!
Anyway, I both really appreciate the sound of my new headphones as well as all of the people on this site who put their time into providing instructions and advice on crafting these cans.
This may be my first real post on this site, but I have already benefitted extensively from the community here!post #108 of 1117/9/13 at 7:31pm
Does anyone know where I can purchase the spacers/distancers needed to do the MS1000 mod? Instead of trying to sell off my MS1s I think they're going to become my first DIY mods.
Any input on the matter would be very appreciated!post #109 of 1117/9/13 at 7:50pmpost #110 of 1118/22/13 at 7:43am
You can get them 3-d printed here https://www.shapeways.com/designer/chanman209
i did the CADing. They're 14mm tall, with a 40mm hole. The wall thickness is 2mm, and the lip on the end extends 3mm further out. You can get them done in a variety of materials, i'd suggest alumide, as it's cheap and rigid. A pair shipped in the US will cost you $25. They have a 2 week build time apparently.post #111 of 1113/26/14 at 3:01pm
Hello, this is my first Head-Fi post.
I just wanted to share my newly finished MS1000's. I had the ms1 for almost three years and had been listening to the quarter modded comfies for a while. I wanted some more love from my old headphones so I though I would give it a try. Huge improvement. I don't have any felt over the cups at all and the highs don't seem too bad. I used velour instead of felt to cover the insides. I made the spacers from 1.5 inch abs which happens to have an inside diameter of 40mm :) and I used pipe couplings to make the rings. lots of sanding cutting and frustration. if I had to do it again I would just by the 3d printed ones. Contact cement and hot glue and bam its all connected. It did feel a bit strange to pay 65$ plus tax and shipping for foam earpads.... I should also mention that the spacers with just my old worn out quarter modded comfies sounded really good too, so it is possible to have improvement without buying the big pads. However they are ridiculously uncomfortable like that. HERE are pictures. Cheers!
- Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-MR77X top of the line JVC x series 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Yulong DA8 8 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 8 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)