Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Best looking tube amp - Page 66
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have a moth nitelite, and that's not what it looks like. Very cool amp though, utilizes the rare 304TL tube. Moth too from the look of it.
I have developed an unhealthy fascination with the 833A tube. There are a few DIY amps that use it, and this ridiculously expensive Wavac unit:
Sorry you can't appreciate the cost and value of making a beautiful amp in Japan.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 5:24am
I also don't know what it's inside that thing, might a simple $10 chip amp with tacked on tube input stage. The chinese sell you that for $85, without the nice case.
Edit: actually, you don't even need to go chinese, here's a nice tube follower design, the same 10W as the japanese one, stick that into a case and you're good to go:
Edited by eugenius - 12/31/12 at 5:52am
By the way your Siliconray is from China.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 6:09am
The amp remains very good looking, it's just not worth buying, unless you have a lot of money to blow on good looking objects and the price doesn't matter. I'd rather buy a painting by a local artist AND a good amplifier for that price.
Edited by eugenius - 1/1/13 at 11:32am
It looks very beautiful!
I still want more info on the power supply; ability to mod/replace said supply and mods to amp as well...
You up for a group buy?
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 51 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 58 seconds ago
- › Output stage or no output stage and voltage output 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 4 minutes ago
- › LCD-2 PRICED TO SELL, Updated drivers and leather headband + Extra... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)