Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Best looking tube amp - Page 66
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have a moth nitelite, and that's not what it looks like. Very cool amp though, utilizes the rare 304TL tube. Moth too from the look of it.
I have developed an unhealthy fascination with the 833A tube. There are a few DIY amps that use it, and this ridiculously expensive Wavac unit:
Sorry you can't appreciate the cost and value of making a beautiful amp in Japan.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 5:24am
I also don't know what it's inside that thing, might a simple $10 chip amp with tacked on tube input stage. The chinese sell you that for $85, without the nice case.
Edit: actually, you don't even need to go chinese, here's a nice tube follower design, the same 10W as the japanese one, stick that into a case and you're good to go:
Edited by eugenius - 12/31/12 at 5:52am
By the way your Siliconray is from China.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 6:09am
The amp remains very good looking, it's just not worth buying, unless you have a lot of money to blow on good looking objects and the price doesn't matter. I'd rather buy a painting by a local artist AND a good amplifier for that price.
Edited by eugenius - 1/1/13 at 11:32am
It looks very beautiful!
I still want more info on the power supply; ability to mod/replace said supply and mods to amp as well...
You up for a group buy?
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › A Comparison of different Virtual Surround Sound on the same Audio... 10 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 11 minutes ago
- › Cracks and Pops in the Lyr 12 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 17 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 17 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 18 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2