Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Best looking tube amp - Page 66post #976 of 163712/13/12 at 6:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #977 of 163712/29/12 at 9:17pmHmm, at last a cheap tube amplifier and I like how it looks: A small hybrid ELEKIT tube amp designed by CASE REAL - surprise, a design made by a designer not an engineer.post #978 of 163712/29/12 at 11:48pmpost #979 of 163712/30/12 at 9:52ampost #980 of 163712/30/12 at 10:12ampost #981 of 163712/31/12 at 12:14am
I have a moth nitelite, and that's not what it looks like. Very cool amp though, utilizes the rare 304TL tube. Moth too from the look of it.
I have developed an unhealthy fascination with the 833A tube. There are a few DIY amps that use it, and this ridiculously expensive Wavac unit:post #982 of 163712/31/12 at 3:59amQuote:
Sorry you can't appreciate the cost and value of making a beautiful amp in Japan.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 5:24ampost #983 of 163712/31/12 at 5:40amYes, the wonderful world of Japan miniature hi-fi at two to ten times the price it's worth. I'll pass.
I also don't know what it's inside that thing, might a simple $10 chip amp with tacked on tube input stage. The chinese sell you that for $85, without the nice case.
Edit: actually, you don't even need to go chinese, here's a nice tube follower design, the same 10W as the japanese one, stick that into a case and you're good to go:
Edited by eugenius - 12/31/12 at 5:52ampost #984 of 163712/31/12 at 5:52amLucky for you lots of Chinese making cheap amps to satisfy your budget. Happy New Year from Japan!
By the way your Siliconray is from China.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 6:09ampost #985 of 16371/1/13 at 11:28amAnd the components in that amp are all made in Japan using cherry blossom dust dielectric? Please ...
The amp remains very good looking, it's just not worth buying, unless you have a lot of money to blow on good looking objects and the price doesn't matter. I'd rather buy a painting by a local artist AND a good amplifier for that price.
Edited by eugenius - 1/1/13 at 11:32ampost #986 of 16371/1/13 at 5:13pmFortunately not everyone feels that way or we would only have cheap Chinese kit amps in similar boring boxes and this thread would not exist. All the beautiful, unique amps in this thread require expensive casework and the makers also need to make money. Your Centrance and Headroom amps work on similar margins and business principles. Lets get back to more sweet pics please!post #987 of 16371/1/13 at 8:46pm
It looks very beautiful!post #988 of 16371/1/13 at 9:00pmpost #989 of 16371/1/13 at 9:10pmpost #990 of 16371/2/13 at 11:13pmQuote:
I still want more info on the power supply; ability to mod/replace said supply and mods to amp as well...
You up for a group buy?
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 17 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 22 seconds ago
- › Something new from Earsonics, the Earsonics ES3 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HiFi-M8 XL4 - Apple compatible 6 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear