Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Best looking tube amp - Page 66
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a moth nitelite, and that's not what it looks like. Very cool amp though, utilizes the rare 304TL tube. Moth too from the look of it.
I have developed an unhealthy fascination with the 833A tube. There are a few DIY amps that use it, and this ridiculously expensive Wavac unit:
Sorry you can't appreciate the cost and value of making a beautiful amp in Japan.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 5:24am
I also don't know what it's inside that thing, might a simple $10 chip amp with tacked on tube input stage. The chinese sell you that for $85, without the nice case.
Edit: actually, you don't even need to go chinese, here's a nice tube follower design, the same 10W as the japanese one, stick that into a case and you're good to go:
Edited by eugenius - 12/31/12 at 5:52am
By the way your Siliconray is from China.
Edited by parbaked - 12/31/12 at 6:09am
The amp remains very good looking, it's just not worth buying, unless you have a lot of money to blow on good looking objects and the price doesn't matter. I'd rather buy a painting by a local artist AND a good amplifier for that price.
Edited by eugenius - 1/1/13 at 11:32am
It looks very beautiful!
I still want more info on the power supply; ability to mod/replace said supply and mods to amp as well...
You up for a group buy?
- Best looking tube amp
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Have to re-flow solder every 24 hours to make my driver work again... 2 minutes ago
- › The Android Headphones with Inline Volume Controls and... 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 4 minutes ago
- › Do I need an amp for these Cans? 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)