Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Best looking tube amp - Page 55post #811 of 16373/30/12 at 6:14am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #812 of 16373/30/12 at 6:50ampost #813 of 16373/30/12 at 9:24ampost #814 of 16373/30/12 at 12:14pm
Actually, it's two pieces joined. Yo can see that in the first picture .. Top is a Tube preamp and HP amp.. it's rated as 3wpc at 33 ohms (no kidding) .. bottom is a Class D 15wpc amplifier to drive speakers. I though that it might be great for a desktop system. The second picture is an upcoming tube pre & HP amp only.post #815 of 16373/30/12 at 12:28pmQuote:
love it! such a nice stylepost #816 of 16373/30/12 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
Actually, it's two pieces joined. Yo can see that in the first picture .. Top is a Tube preamp and HP amp.. it's rated as 3wpc at 33 ohms (no kidding) .. bottom is a Class D 15wpc amplifier to drive speakers. I though that it might be great for a desktop system. The second picture is an upcoming tube pre & HP amp only.
Hmm, a mini HE-6 tube amp, perhaps?post #817 of 16373/30/12 at 1:57pmpost #818 of 16373/30/12 at 2:29pm
If the HE-6 is no harder to drive than the Senn HD-650's, then maybe. It drives the 650's to moderate/mildy loud levels quite nicely, especially nice for long listening sessions. It will not make them bounce off your head.
post #819 of 16373/30/12 at 2:55pmpost #820 of 16373/30/12 at 2:58pmQuote:
The HE-6 is significantly harder to drive than the HD650. For the same SPL, it needs 4 times as much or more voltage, about 30 times as much current, and more than 100 times as much power.post #821 of 16373/30/12 at 3:01pmQuote:
1.21 Jiggawatts!post #822 of 16373/30/12 at 3:24pmpost #823 of 16373/30/12 at 9:34pm
That’s tremendous!!! This should fully satisfy the most sybarite audiophyle requirements!!
What is the recommended burn-in time for the bolted handcrafted volume knob? There are the Silver Rock Signature Wood volume knobs that cost around $500, but they need at least 45 years of burn time (in a contained environment that protects the natural growing of micro-organisms at the wood) in order to perceive all the opening nuances and free flowing with improvement in resolution, better dynamics, and overall naturalness from the micro-vibrations of the wood.
This direct bolted knob thing looks superior than the wooden knob, because it will theoretically damper all the nasty vibrations by turning the complete chassis of the amplifier and everything.Quote:Originally Posted by ardilla
found on ebay...Welcome to the auction for my beloved Audio Stoat 01 integrated "amplifier."
Audio Stoat may be a new name to many, but in audiophile circles the name is already causing something of a rustle.
The "amplifier" is "carefully" hand built in rural Brittany, France by experienced artisans and the quality of this unit shines out from the crowd like a glimmering beacon of aural hope in a sea of audio detritus.
Lavishly constructed from a cardboard box the "amplifier" is veneered in a *prime finish which is usually 75pence extra over the normal price of the amplifier and, put quite simply, it exudes quality, luxury and exclusivity rarely seen in an amplifier at this price point.
In short every expense has been spared and no attention to detail has been taken, resulting in a true highish fidelity product with real pride of ownership value if you like that kind of thing. The "amplifier" is sure to take pride of place on the new owner's hi-fi rack!
The "amplifier" boasts an enviable zero feedback circuit resulting in impressive zero distortion - not many hifi amplifiers on the market can boast figures as good as these!
Output would be a healthy 60w if it worked and the **BOS output "valves" are at least 50% guaranteed Morissons own brand, with markings still clearly visible on one of the tubes.
In its present configuration the amplifier boasts a huge zero watts per channel but can be reconfigured to deliver an even more impressive nowt in ***PPPPS configuration.
The "volume" knob is handcrafted using reclaimed materials which of course should ensure that the green credentials of this "amplifier" are beyond reproach and it is bolted onto the chassis so it turns and everything.
Inside the chassis everything has been left to chance and every component is of the very highest quality. High quality audiophile products such as a metal nut and bolt have been used.
*Packing Tape Brown
**Broken Old Stock
***Push Push Push Pull ShoveAnything made from the sale of this unique piece of hifi audio history over and above the postage costs will be given to a UK chariddy after payment has been received!
The Chariddy I have chosen doesn't seem overly bothered when i spoke to them, so I will choose another when the auction ends and send them the dosh. Suggestions welcome!Audio Stoat have secured a world first review of the Audio Stoat 01 amplifier with Hifi Pig ("snoofling out what's hot in Hifi")
on the 1st of April
The unit has no plug and no attempt should be made to connect it to the mains or any other source of electricity as this will result in death if not something much worse!! Anyway plugging it in to anything would be downright stupid!!! Don't do it!!
We cannot guarantee that the "valves" won't be smashed to bits but we'll pack them as best we can.
COMING SOON -THE AUDIO STOAT DAC
Edited by Pingfloid - 3/30/12 at 10:26pmpost #824 of 16373/31/12 at 7:00am
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 48 seconds ago
- › Husband Wife ∯∯+91-9829866507∯∯Love Vashikaran @ Specialist Molvi... 2 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 2 minutes ago
- › Manhattan & Brooklyn%%%Black magic+91-9672517737 Love Vashikaran... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › ® World Famous+91-9672517737 ''''Husband Wife Vashikaran Specialist... 3 minutes ago
- › kala jadu ∯∯+91-9829866507∯∯Love Vashikaran Specialist Molvi Ji... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear