Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Best looking tube amp - Page 54
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 16363/28/12 at 12:13ampost #798 of 16363/28/12 at 12:21ampost #799 of 16363/28/12 at 12:44pmpost #800 of 16363/28/12 at 2:50pm
The V8's are truly outstanding amps. I had the pleasure of listening to these with a variety of speaker set ups several years ago -- as good as it gets.post #801 of 16363/28/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
Elegantly stated (the entire rig).post #802 of 16363/28/12 at 7:06pmpost #803 of 16363/28/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Is this it with a cage? How is it as an amp?
Edited by WarriorAnt - 3/29/12 at 12:17pmpost #804 of 16363/28/12 at 10:00pm
LOL @ finger tapes on the violin when showing off your high end audio gear. It at least looks like a decent student violin though with moderately good strings (Pirastro Tonica).
Edited by Maxvla - 3/28/12 at 10:02pmpost #805 of 16363/28/12 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by WarriorAnt
This is from the site I found the image:
Tube Technology is a new name for me. The race car engine-like “Synergy Carbon” amplifier is 100% hand build in the U.K. The Synergy is a single-chassis dual mono preamp, power amp, and remote control system. It is available in two formats:
Synergy PPS – single chassis remote control Pre-Power system (Integrated amp)
Synergy DMA- single chassis Dual Mono Power Amp
The circuit is based on a push-pull ultra-linear design, with six EL34 tubes per channel pumping out 150W into 8 ohms. The unit is priced at $ 18,000.
Looks like the front half of a Ferrari open wheel Formula car.post #806 of 16363/28/12 at 10:32pmQuote:
Moth?post #807 of 16363/28/12 at 10:35pmpost #808 of 16363/29/12 at 1:36ampost #809 of 16363/29/12 at 11:04am
This is my actual amp - Naked. I like seeing the tubes.
It sounds fantastic especially with the right tubes in there. Highly recommended if you can find one.post #810 of 16363/30/12 at 5:44am
found on ebay...Welcome to the auction for my beloved Audio Stoat 01 integrated "amplifier."
Audio Stoat may be a new name to many, but in audiophile circles the name is already causing something of a rustle.
The "amplifier" is "carefully" hand built in rural Brittany, France by experienced artisans and the quality of this unit shines out from the crowd like a glimmering beacon of aural hope in a sea of audio detritus.
Lavishly constructed from a cardboard box the "amplifier" is veneered in a *prime finish which is usually 75pence extra over the normal price of the amplifier and, put quite simply, it exudes quality, luxury and exclusivity rarely seen in an amplifier at this price point.
In short every expense has been spared and no attention to detail has been taken, resulting in a true highish fidelity product with real pride of ownership value if you like that kind of thing. The "amplifier" is sure to take pride of place on the new owner's hi-fi rack!
The "amplifier" boasts an enviable zero feedback circuit resulting in impressive zero distortion - not many hifi amplifiers on the market can boast figures as good as these!
Output would be a healthy 60w if it worked and the **BOS output "valves" are at least 50% guaranteed Morissons own brand, with markings still clearly visible on one of the tubes.
In its present configuration the amplifier boasts a huge zero watts per channel but can be reconfigured to deliver an even more impressive nowt in ***PPPPS configuration.
The "volume" knob is handcrafted using reclaimed materials which of course should ensure that the green credentials of this "amplifier" are beyond reproach and it is bolted onto the chassis so it turns and everything.
Inside the chassis everything has been left to chance and every component is of the very highest quality. High quality audiophile products such as a metal nut and bolt have been used.
*Packing Tape Brown
**Broken Old Stock
***Push Push Push Pull ShoveAnything made from the sale of this unique piece of hifi audio history over and above the postage costs will be given to a UK chariddy after payment has been received!
The Chariddy I have chosen doesn't seem overly bothered when i spoke to them, so I will choose another when the auction ends and send them the dosh. Suggestions welcome!Audio Stoat have secured a world first review of the Audio Stoat 01 amplifier with Hifi Pig ("snoofling out what's hot in Hifi")
on the 1st of April
The unit has no plug and no attempt should be made to connect it to the mains or any other source of electricity as this will result in death if not something much worse!! Anyway plugging it in to anything would be downright stupid!!! Don't do it!!
We cannot guarantee that the "valves" won't be smashed to bits but we'll pack them as best we can.
COMING SOON -THE AUDIO STOAT DAC
Edited by ardilla - 3/30/12 at 5:45am
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Pro iDSD discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › V moda Lp2 or Sony mdr 1 A 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear