Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer...
Best looking tube amp - Page 54
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The V8's are truly outstanding amps. I had the pleasure of listening to these with a variety of speaker set ups several years ago -- as good as it gets.
Elegantly stated (the entire rig).
Is this it with a cage? How is it as an amp?
Edited by WarriorAnt - 3/29/12 at 12:17pm
LOL @ finger tapes on the violin when showing off your high end audio gear. It at least looks like a decent student violin though with moderately good strings (Pirastro Tonica).
Edited by Maxvla - 3/28/12 at 10:02pm
This is from the site I found the image:
Looks like the front half of a Ferrari open wheel Formula car.
This is my actual amp - Naked. I like seeing the tubes.
It sounds fantastic especially with the right tubes in there. Highly recommended if you can find one.
found on ebay...
Audio Stoat may be a new name to many, but in audiophile circles the name is already causing something of a rustle.
The "amplifier" is "carefully" hand built in rural Brittany, France by experienced artisans and the quality of this unit shines out from the crowd like a glimmering beacon of aural hope in a sea of audio detritus.
Lavishly constructed from a cardboard box the "amplifier" is veneered in a *prime finish which is usually 75pence extra over the normal price of the amplifier and, put quite simply, it exudes quality, luxury and exclusivity rarely seen in an amplifier at this price point.
In short every expense has been spared and no attention to detail has been taken, resulting in a true highish fidelity product with real pride of ownership value if you like that kind of thing. The "amplifier" is sure to take pride of place on the new owner's hi-fi rack!
The "amplifier" boasts an enviable zero feedback circuit resulting in impressive zero distortion - not many hifi amplifiers on the market can boast figures as good as these!
Output would be a healthy 60w if it worked and the **BOS output "valves" are at least 50% guaranteed Morissons own brand, with markings still clearly visible on one of the tubes.
In its present configuration the amplifier boasts a huge zero watts per channel but can be reconfigured to deliver an even more impressive nowt in ***PPPPS configuration.
The "volume" knob is handcrafted using reclaimed materials which of course should ensure that the green credentials of this "amplifier" are beyond reproach and it is bolted onto the chassis so it turns and everything.
Inside the chassis everything has been left to chance and every component is of the very highest quality. High quality audiophile products such as a metal nut and bolt have been used.
*Packing Tape Brown
**Broken Old Stock
***Push Push Push Pull Shove
The Chariddy I have chosen doesn't seem overly bothered when i spoke to them, so I will choose another when the auction ends and send them the dosh. Suggestions welcome!
on the 1st of April
We cannot guarantee that the "valves" won't be smashed to bits but we'll pack them as best we can.
COMING SOON -THE AUDIO STOAT DAC
Edited by ardilla - 3/30/12 at 5:45am
- Best looking tube amp
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 17 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by Hi-Fi'er
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)