Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Best looking tube amp - Page 54
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 16373/28/12 at 12:13ampost #798 of 16373/28/12 at 12:21ampost #799 of 16373/28/12 at 12:44pmpost #800 of 16373/28/12 at 2:50pm
The V8's are truly outstanding amps. I had the pleasure of listening to these with a variety of speaker set ups several years ago -- as good as it gets.post #801 of 16373/28/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
Elegantly stated (the entire rig).post #802 of 16373/28/12 at 7:06pmpost #803 of 16373/28/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Is this it with a cage? How is it as an amp?
Edited by WarriorAnt - 3/29/12 at 12:17pmpost #804 of 16373/28/12 at 10:00pm
LOL @ finger tapes on the violin when showing off your high end audio gear. It at least looks like a decent student violin though with moderately good strings (Pirastro Tonica).
Edited by Maxvla - 3/28/12 at 10:02pmpost #805 of 16373/28/12 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by WarriorAnt
This is from the site I found the image:
Tube Technology is a new name for me. The race car engine-like “Synergy Carbon” amplifier is 100% hand build in the U.K. The Synergy is a single-chassis dual mono preamp, power amp, and remote control system. It is available in two formats:
Synergy PPS – single chassis remote control Pre-Power system (Integrated amp)
Synergy DMA- single chassis Dual Mono Power Amp
The circuit is based on a push-pull ultra-linear design, with six EL34 tubes per channel pumping out 150W into 8 ohms. The unit is priced at $ 18,000.
Looks like the front half of a Ferrari open wheel Formula car.post #806 of 16373/28/12 at 10:32pmQuote:
Moth?post #807 of 16373/28/12 at 10:35pmpost #808 of 16373/29/12 at 1:36ampost #809 of 16373/29/12 at 11:04am
This is my actual amp - Naked. I like seeing the tubes.
It sounds fantastic especially with the right tubes in there. Highly recommended if you can find one.post #810 of 16373/30/12 at 5:44am
found on ebay...Welcome to the auction for my beloved Audio Stoat 01 integrated "amplifier."
Audio Stoat may be a new name to many, but in audiophile circles the name is already causing something of a rustle.
The "amplifier" is "carefully" hand built in rural Brittany, France by experienced artisans and the quality of this unit shines out from the crowd like a glimmering beacon of aural hope in a sea of audio detritus.
Lavishly constructed from a cardboard box the "amplifier" is veneered in a *prime finish which is usually 75pence extra over the normal price of the amplifier and, put quite simply, it exudes quality, luxury and exclusivity rarely seen in an amplifier at this price point.
In short every expense has been spared and no attention to detail has been taken, resulting in a true highish fidelity product with real pride of ownership value if you like that kind of thing. The "amplifier" is sure to take pride of place on the new owner's hi-fi rack!
The "amplifier" boasts an enviable zero feedback circuit resulting in impressive zero distortion - not many hifi amplifiers on the market can boast figures as good as these!
Output would be a healthy 60w if it worked and the **BOS output "valves" are at least 50% guaranteed Morissons own brand, with markings still clearly visible on one of the tubes.
In its present configuration the amplifier boasts a huge zero watts per channel but can be reconfigured to deliver an even more impressive nowt in ***PPPPS configuration.
The "volume" knob is handcrafted using reclaimed materials which of course should ensure that the green credentials of this "amplifier" are beyond reproach and it is bolted onto the chassis so it turns and everything.
Inside the chassis everything has been left to chance and every component is of the very highest quality. High quality audiophile products such as a metal nut and bolt have been used.
*Packing Tape Brown
**Broken Old Stock
***Push Push Push Pull ShoveAnything made from the sale of this unique piece of hifi audio history over and above the postage costs will be given to a UK chariddy after payment has been received!
The Chariddy I have chosen doesn't seem overly bothered when i spoke to them, so I will choose another when the auction ends and send them the dosh. Suggestions welcome!Audio Stoat have secured a world first review of the Audio Stoat 01 amplifier with Hifi Pig ("snoofling out what's hot in Hifi")
on the 1st of April
The unit has no plug and no attempt should be made to connect it to the mains or any other source of electricity as this will result in death if not something much worse!! Anyway plugging it in to anything would be downright stupid!!! Don't do it!!
We cannot guarantee that the "valves" won't be smashed to bits but we'll pack them as best we can.
COMING SOON -THE AUDIO STOAT DAC
Edited by ardilla - 3/30/12 at 5:45am
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 15 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 17 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 23 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 29 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 32 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Low noise usb soundcard for sleeptalk recording 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear