So, what does it sound like... when dropped
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
Best looking tube amp - Page 74
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Looks Memphis to me....
That's an interesting observation, far more advanced than what I had in mind ("less is more").
Rather "necessity is the mother of invention" (musical reference can't be avoided), in the spirit of simple functionalism.
Bought an amp kit for 50 bucks.
Needed a case. Took my bike on a free weekend and visited five or six stores, finally found these at Ikea for 12 bucks.
Power in on the inside, power out on the outside.
Or, as some clever person coined the phrase: "Think outside the box".
More about this $70 amp here:
Oh, the Memphis Group was unknown to me (I'm too old) - apt comparison. Are you all architects/designers out there?
Someone tried it as a headphone amp, apparently without much success:
I had the same reaction when I searched the Amp name and finding out the price.
They surely look nice though.
Oh, I was in my mid twenties, but already my taste for style hade been thoroughly influenced by dada, Bauhaus, functionalism etc. Those were the days! Very little exciting seems to have surfaced since then...
Anyways, I hade some boxes left and realized I didn't like the perspex covers of my Indeed G3 amp, so there again a solution presented itself. This time I had to get a fretsaw and a 25 mm cylinder drill. Butchered the bottom of one box to make the top cover, and used one of the lids as a base. In there is also space for capacitors etc should I decide to beef the amp up.
Result is a decorative liitle piece, in the Egyptian inspired art deco style (with a hint of pagodas). Could be the top of a NY skyscraper.
The Indeed G3 is a fantastic little amp, with goood gain and power and a convincing sound stage. 5814 tube (ECC82) and mosfets, class A. Heartily recommended for all who likes to make a bargain.
My wife hates valve amps. Hates them. But for some reason, she thinks the gigantic ALO Audio Studio Six is nice looking. I think from the front it is very handsome. I'm not a fan of amp asses.
That is why Baskin Robbins has 33 flavors.
- Best looking tube amp
- › The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard... 48 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)