So, what does it sound like... when dropped
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 1/16/17 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Best looking tube amp - Page 74post #1096 of 16377/9/13 at 9:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1097 of 16377/10/13 at 7:34ampost #1098 of 16377/10/13 at 8:11ampost #1099 of 16377/10/13 at 9:14amQuote:
Looks Memphis to me....post #1100 of 16377/12/13 at 3:20amQuote:
That's an interesting observation, far more advanced than what I had in mind ("less is more").
Rather "necessity is the mother of invention" (musical reference can't be avoided), in the spirit of simple functionalism.
Bought an amp kit for 50 bucks.
Needed a case. Took my bike on a free weekend and visited five or six stores, finally found these at Ikea for 12 bucks.
Power in on the inside, power out on the outside.
Or, as some clever person coined the phrase: "Think outside the box".
More about this $70 amp here:
Oh, the Memphis Group was unknown to me (I'm too old) - apt comparison. Are you all architects/designers out there?post #1101 of 16377/12/13 at 12:04pmForgot to mention that this is a preamp without headphone output, I use it together with low voltage sources and a regular headphone amp.
Someone tried it as a headphone amp, apparently without much success:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/626374/muse-tu-20-tube-amp-anyone-try-this-little-cutie#post_9348105post #1102 of 16377/12/13 at 3:31pmpost #1103 of 16377/14/13 at 12:51pm
I had the same reaction when I searched the Amp name and finding out the price.
They surely look nice though.post #1104 of 16377/21/13 at 1:43am
Oh, I was in my mid twenties, but already my taste for style hade been thoroughly influenced by dada, Bauhaus, functionalism etc. Those were the days! Very little exciting seems to have surfaced since then...
Anyways, I hade some boxes left and realized I didn't like the perspex covers of my Indeed G3 amp, so there again a solution presented itself. This time I had to get a fretsaw and a 25 mm cylinder drill. Butchered the bottom of one box to make the top cover, and used one of the lids as a base. In there is also space for capacitors etc should I decide to beef the amp up.
Result is a decorative liitle piece, in the Egyptian inspired art deco style (with a hint of pagodas). Could be the top of a NY skyscraper.
The Indeed G3 is a fantastic little amp, with goood gain and power and a convincing sound stage. 5814 tube (ECC82) and mosfets, class A. Heartily recommended for all who likes to make a bargain.post #1105 of 16377/28/13 at 6:07ampost #1106 of 16377/28/13 at 6:12ampost #1107 of 16377/28/13 at 6:13ampost #1108 of 16377/29/13 at 12:22ampost #1109 of 16377/29/13 at 1:52am
My wife hates valve amps. Hates them. But for some reason, she thinks the gigantic ALO Audio Studio Six is nice looking. I think from the front it is very handsome. I'm not a fan of amp asses.post #1110 of 16377/29/13 at 4:39amQuote:
That is why Baskin Robbins has 33 flavors.
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 30 seconds ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 55 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › 11th Vienna Head-Fi Meet: 25th of March 2017 6 minutes ago
- › Are these tips fit my RHA IEM? 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 8 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 8 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 10 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear