So, what does it sound like... when dropped
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WHICH to buy] Woo Audio WA2 vs WA5 Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Best looking tube amp - Page 74
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Looks Memphis to me....
That's an interesting observation, far more advanced than what I had in mind ("less is more").
Rather "necessity is the mother of invention" (musical reference can't be avoided), in the spirit of simple functionalism.
Bought an amp kit for 50 bucks.
Needed a case. Took my bike on a free weekend and visited five or six stores, finally found these at Ikea for 12 bucks.
Power in on the inside, power out on the outside.
Or, as some clever person coined the phrase: "Think outside the box".
More about this $70 amp here:
Oh, the Memphis Group was unknown to me (I'm too old) - apt comparison. Are you all architects/designers out there?
Someone tried it as a headphone amp, apparently without much success:
I had the same reaction when I searched the Amp name and finding out the price.
They surely look nice though.
Oh, I was in my mid twenties, but already my taste for style hade been thoroughly influenced by dada, Bauhaus, functionalism etc. Those were the days! Very little exciting seems to have surfaced since then...
Anyways, I hade some boxes left and realized I didn't like the perspex covers of my Indeed G3 amp, so there again a solution presented itself. This time I had to get a fretsaw and a 25 mm cylinder drill. Butchered the bottom of one box to make the top cover, and used one of the lids as a base. In there is also space for capacitors etc should I decide to beef the amp up.
Result is a decorative liitle piece, in the Egyptian inspired art deco style (with a hint of pagodas). Could be the top of a NY skyscraper.
The Indeed G3 is a fantastic little amp, with goood gain and power and a convincing sound stage. 5814 tube (ECC82) and mosfets, class A. Heartily recommended for all who likes to make a bargain.
My wife hates valve amps. Hates them. But for some reason, she thinks the gigantic ALO Audio Studio Six is nice looking. I think from the front it is very handsome. I'm not a fan of amp asses.
That is why Baskin Robbins has 33 flavors.
- Best looking tube amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Grado e Series 11 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 52 seconds ago
- › uDac 2 and OSX El Capitan 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet Nov. 7, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 (used) - Help a brother out, literally 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 8 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 9 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2