Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread - Page 64

post #946 of 1116

On 2nd thoughts, this was not a good idea.  I've put it back the way it was, as the treble was far to harsh.

post #947 of 1116

today i got some fake turbines frown.gif

post #948 of 1116

I got my turbines from futureshop so I can pretty much replace them whenever I want for free (and believe me I do this pretty often). Almost every pair I've had have had this driver flex issue in at least one side of the headphones. I still love them, but I wouldn't pay full price for them anywhere else.

post #949 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDreadLocks View Post

Hey guys. Enjoying my turbines so far, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I feel like I'm getting good isolation with the stock tips, but I think they're too small. They won't stay in. It's weird, they're constantly 'inching' out, not slipping out. I'm thinking it's probably because of the weight. Anyone have any tip suggestions?



You might want to wash the tips every now and then as the tips can be like oil sponges.  If they're too small, go up the next size.  If you can, it's worth trying the XL(largest size) size of the Monster foam supertips.

post #950 of 1116

I use the provided small, round tips. I find that they work best if you insert them a bit deeper into your ear canal. But I guess ears are different so...

post #951 of 1116

 

i just got my refurbed pair from Monster.com yesterday.

 

they sound great with the RE0 double flange tips but i noticed that the right side cuts on and off when inserting them in my ear, this shouldnt be normal but is this common and would Monster replace them for that?

 

 

i was kind of thinking about grabbing a pair from my local Best Buy and just returning these for the refund...

 

i dont know, if someone has any suggestions that might help.

post #952 of 1116

 thats the driver flex.  my monster jamz had the same problem, mine was making a poping sound when inserting the left ear piece,  you should buy a new pair from best buy and replace it

 

this seems pretty normal for almost all the monster iems, i read somewhere here, people would have to replace their turbines once in a while for the driver flex problem

 

post #953 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacoke View Post

 thats the driver flex.  my monster jamz had the same problem, mine was making a poping sound when inserting the left ear piece,  you should buy a new pair from best buy and replace it

 

this seems pretty normal for almost all the monster iems, i read somewhere here, people would have to replace their turbines once in a while for the driver flex problem

 

 

thanks for confirming that, i think i will grab a new pair soon and just return these.
 

post #954 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDreadLocks View Post

Hey guys. Enjoying my turbines so far, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I feel like I'm getting good isolation with the stock tips, but I think they're too small. They won't stay in. It's weird, they're constantly 'inching' out, not slipping out. I'm thinking it's probably because of the weight. Anyone have any tip suggestions?


Over the ear would solve the weight problem.

post #955 of 1116

These are my primary IEMs and I love them so far, but since I got them factory refurbished they only came with one set of tips that don't fit very well in my ears. What size of Comply tips fits these?

post #956 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanatch View Post

These are my primary IEMs and I love them so far, but since I got them factory refurbished they only came with one set of tips that don't fit very well in my ears. What size of Comply tips fits these?


comply t-400 works fine

post #957 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmai View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by evanatch View Post

These are my primary IEMs and I love them so far, but since I got them factory refurbished they only came with one set of tips that don't fit very well in my ears. What size of Comply tips fits these?


comply t-400 works fine

Yes, that's the correct size, but I find the TX-400 tip sounds better to me.  /the screen in the end of the tip keeps it from collapsing when you insert it in your ear so the HF remains better for most people.
 

post #958 of 1116

I use the super small (red) Sony hybrids and they fit me great. I seriously love the Turbines.

post #959 of 1116

So my friend go's to buy a sert of Turbines this week, he opens the oackage and what do I see? A RIGHT ANGLE CONNECTOR! I am totally exchanging my Turbines ASAP!

post #960 of 1116
Just received my refurb Turbines, and unsurprisingly it came with one pair of tips only (the bigger ones...not sure if it's the biggest)
I have relatively small ears so I was kinda disappointed at first...but then I tried them on and interestingly it "snapped" into my ears, if that makes sense...very good isolation as well tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread